Windows 10: Joining a Domain

Discus and support Joining a Domain in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Louisb, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Louisb Win User

Joining a Domain

I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message:
    Joining a Domain 77b5b7a3-368b-4761-b8c3-8489a4d75fbe?upload=true.png
    I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message:

Joining a Domain 12a141bf-cf02-4ff2-a26c-094f2d2d19f0?upload=true.png

I'm running Windows 10 Professional, the machine is in the same subnet. I'm able to connect to all resources on the NAS and access the Internet.
    I've reloaded Windows 10 and rebooted the machine several times, but continue to get the same results.

What am I doing wrong or could be causing this?

Thanks

:)

Louisb, Feb 12, 2021

2. Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain  

@rseiler,

I just finished clean installing Windows 10 Enterprise build 17093 in a VM using a local account, and it still has the same steps in the tutorial for me.

Is your PC already joined to a domain?

Joining a Domain [​IMG]

Brink, Feb 12, 2021
  4. rseiler Win User

Joining a Domain

Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain  

I just checked an RS3 PC already domain-joined (the RS3 I was checking earlier was not yet joined to anything), and there are no blue links for it either, strongly suggesting that MS lets you only do one or the other.

What I should try is doing an Azure AD join (any method) and then doing a domain join via the old UI. That may be a loophole.

rseiler, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Joining a Domain

1. Joining a Domain - Similar Threads - Joining Domain

2. Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection: we have multiple computers joined to a windows server domain with desktop redirection setup. However, not every computer has the same software installed and although each person has their own dedicated computer to use sometimes they need to sign into another computer and if...
  3. Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection: we have multiple computers joined to a windows server domain with desktop redirection setup. However, not every computer has the same software installed and although each person has their own dedicated computer to use sometimes they need to sign into another computer and if...
  4. Domain-joining Windows 10/11 Education

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain-joining Windows 10/11 Education: Hi, I'd like to confirm if Windows 10/11 Education edition supports on-premise Active Directory domain-joining? I will really appreciate if you could share some Microsoft articles about it.Thank you,Joven...
  5. Domain-joining Windows 10/11 Education

Domain-joining Windows 10/11 Education: Hi, I'd like to confirm if Windows 10/11 Education edition supports on-premise Active Directory domain-joining? I will really appreciate if you could share some Microsoft articles about it.Thank you,Joven...
  6. Keyboard Stops Working After Joining Domain - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Stops Working After Joining Domain - Windows 10: So we have a weird issue with one of our HP laptops - running Windows 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3803, I have actually just reinstalled Windows as I am really stumped with this issue.The user has been experiencing an issue where the keyboard randomly stops working some...
  7. Keyboard Stops Working After Joining Domain - Windows 10

Keyboard Stops Working After Joining Domain - Windows 10: So we have a weird issue with one of our HP laptops - running Windows 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3803, I have actually just reinstalled Windows as I am really stumped with this issue.The user has been experiencing an issue where the keyboard randomly stops working some...
  8. Keyboard Stops Working After Joining Domain - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.: Context: I'm running an active directory environment using Microsoft Azure. I have 3 VMs, 2 of which are domain controllers running 2019 Windows Server datacenter with the 3rd VMclient machine running Windows 10 Pro.All of the VMs have static IPs and when created, were added...
  10. Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.

Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.: Context: I'm running an active directory environment using Microsoft Azure. I have 3 VMs, 2 of which are domain controllers running 2019 Windows Server datacenter with the 3rd VMclient machine running Windows 10 Pro.All of the VMs have static IPs and when created, were added...