Windows 10: Joining a HomeGroup

Discus and support Joining a HomeGroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been trying to join 2 laptops to a HomeGroup set up and there is no option showing to join. There are several guides that I've seen and all show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaleIngle, Nov 7, 2018.

1. DaleIngle Win User

Joining a HomeGroup

I have been trying to join 2 laptops to a HomeGroup set up and there is no option showing to join. There are several guides that I've seen and all show options that do not appear on either laptop I'm trying to join with. Supposedly ther is a HomeGroup option within the network setting but this is not appearing and searching for it comes up with nothing.

Where do I find this elusive HomeGroup option that allows me to join?

:)

DaleIngle, Nov 7, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Joining a homegroup

Hi,

Homegroup networks are created mainly for sharing files and devices with other computers. We'd like to learn more about you concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Did you receive any error messages when you tried to join the homegroup?
    • Who created the homegroup?
    • Do you have the homegroup password?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cant Join HomeGroup that exists on my existing system

Hi,

I understand you concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the method below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Home Group troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Join a workgroup, or home group

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/join-domain-workgroup-homegroup

Home Group from start to finish

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...-finish=windows-81&v1h=win81tab2&v2h=win7tab1

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 7, 2018
  4. JJDWwii Win User

Joining a HomeGroup

cant creat homegroup only join windos 10 but nothing to join

I have tried all the things you have listed and still all my PCs say Join not one of the says create. So i turned each one off 1 by 1 and i fould that if i loged my Front Room PC off i thne can create a home group with my PC. but as soon as i turn the Front
    room PC back on then all my PCs go back to JOIN even the one in the front room. any other things i can try thanks

JJDWwii, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Joining a HomeGroup

1. Joining a HomeGroup - Similar Threads - Joining HomeGroup

2. Joining a Homegroup with Win 10 V 20H2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Homegroup with Win 10 V 20H2: Purchased new computer and I need to get into and existing Homegroup. Actually got a hold of Microsoft and the told me updating to v20H2 would correct the issue about joining. Well spent all afternoon with them and updating and you guessed it. I still cannot join an...
  3. How do I join a windows 7 homegroup from a windows 10 computer?

How do I join a windows 7 homegroup from a windows 10 computer?: I am trying to network a new computer windows 10 into main computer which is operating windows 7. There is a HOMEGROUP established on the main computer Windows 7. How do I go about doing this? Thanks!...
  4. Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10

Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10: I have a new Windows 10 computer, and I'm trying to join the existing homegroup in my home (which currently includes Windows 8 laptop and Windows 7 desktop), but to no avail. I tried to follow the instructions written by Shawn Brink in this forum: Open File Explorer,...
  5. Windows 10: How to join an existing Windows 7 Homegroup

Windows 10: How to join an existing Windows 7 Homegroup: I'm sure this has come up dozens of times but every time I search for an answer, the advice simply says "just use the Homegroup utility" that came with Windows 10. That's all well and good but now that Microsoft has seen fit to delete the Homegroup wizard/utility in the...
  6. About Homegroup Joining/creating Option

About Homegroup Joining/creating Option: hi ! I created homegroup from windows 7 , and wanted to join from windows 10 home , but I could not see any option of Homegroup to join or create in Windows 10 , but Pc in the Network was visible and opened too. But shared folder could not be opened. The shared Printer...
  7. Joining homegroup. My PC updated now can access Homegroup how to i fix this??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Joining homegroup. My PC updated now can access Homegroup how to i fix this??: Joining homegroup. My PC updated now can access Homegroup how to i fix this?? Can access shared printer or Files any more....
  8. Not able to join HOMEGROUP on Windows10 Pro

Not able to join HOMEGROUP on Windows10 Pro: Hi All, I have 2 Dell Alienware PC's. Both are running on Windows10Pro 64 BIT. One is a laptop and the other one is a Desktop. Both systems areconnected to the same and only network and not any domain whatsoever. The problem is, when I try to create a Homegroup on...
  9. Homegroup issue: I have one laptop which cannot join (or leave)!

Homegroup issue: I have one laptop which cannot join (or leave)!: Folks, I'm in need of an assist. I have 5 computers working nicely with one another on my homegroup. None of that matters since my wife's laptop is the one which doesn't work with the homegroup. I've read every tutorial and tried every step that I could find, to no...
  10. Join Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Homegroup in Windows 10: How to: Join Homegroup in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to...