Windows 10: Joining domain blocks Internet access to UWP apps/Office 365

Discus and support Joining domain blocks Internet access to UWP apps/Office 365 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I was hoping that someone will be able to shed some light on the following issue. We have a hybrid environment, consisting of on-premise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StavrosX, Oct 21, 2019.

1. StavrosX Win User

Joining domain blocks Internet access to UWP apps/Office 365

Hello,

I was hoping that someone will be able to shed some light on the following issue.

We have a hybrid environment, consisting of on-premise Active Directory and Azure/Office 365.

After a Windows 10 computer has jointed our domain, the following issues arise:

Microsoft Edge, and therefore, all Windows 10 UWP apps are unable to connect to the Internet. The error messages from Edge and Microsoft Store can be seen here.

Moreover, the Office 365 desktop apps do not allow users to authenticate in order to either activate the copy of Office apps or connect the apps to with their OneDrive for Business and SharePoint libraries. Specifically, the sign-in mechanism throws an “No Internet Access” error right after a user has entered their user ID. See screenshot here.

We were able to resolve the Office 365 apps connection issue by disabling the Microsoft modern authentication capability (ADAL), by editing the Registry. The problem, however, is that by disabling ADAL, users leveraging MFA must create an app password for the Outlook desktop app and the rest of the Office desktop apps. This, creates unnecessary frustration for our users.

Thank you in Advance,

Stavros

:)

StavrosX, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Office 2013 a.k.a Office 365 question

Office 2013 and Office 365 are not the same thing.
    Office 2013 is the traditional local install (stand alone).
    Office 365 is a cloud service that allows access to the Office 2013 application in the form of web apps. If you only have Office 365 it appears that you would need a constant internet connection as it uses "click-to-run" (application streaming) technology.
    The information is a little sketchy, but it looks like you can have it on 5 devices (with the ability to switch devices if needed) and up to 5 users who can access it on any of the 5 devices.
    Each user needs a MS account, so yes, your mom would have to have internet access to use it on her device (which would be one of the 5 total devices).

I think you may be able to store the files locally, but you would still need the internet to have access to the application.

My recommendation would be to try the preview so you know for sure what it will do for you. It can always be deleted if it does not work well for you. Remember also, that if you use it and do not eventually buy a subscription ($100/year) your cloud data will be deleted and will be unrecoverable.

$100 a year for 5 devices and 5 users and never having to worry about updating the application (it's in the cloud) is a very good deal in my opinion. I've used some of the Office 2010 web apps (with SkyDrive) and they worked very well for me.

Kreij, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Neha Singh MSFT, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Joining domain blocks Internet access to UWP apps/Office 365

Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Joining domain blocks Internet access to UWP apps/Office 365

1. Joining domain blocks Internet access to UWP apps/Office 365 - Similar Threads - Joining domain blocks

2. Blocking particular Microsoft domains prevents internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking particular Microsoft domains prevents internet access: Through some trial and error, I have found that if a firewall rule is configured to block either or both of the following domains, it almost completely bricks my machine's ability to use the internet on Windows 11 22H2:c.bing.comedge.microsoft.comThis affects non-Microsoft...
  3. Blocking particular Microsoft domains prevents internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking particular Microsoft domains prevents internet access: Through some trial and error, I have found that if a firewall rule is configured to block either or both of the following domains, it almost completely bricks my machine's ability to use the internet on Windows 11 22H2:c.bing.comedge.microsoft.comThis affects non-Microsoft...
  4. Internet access is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access is blocked: I have been using only windows defender and never install any 3rd party antivirus to my pc.I tried troubleshooting the issue and got an issue from BD Provider which I have no clue about....
  5. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  6. Best Practice: Join Domain or Office 365

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best Practice: Join Domain or Office 365: I work at a small office. 14 local PCs connected to our local AD domain. We use azure AD to connect/sync the local AD to office 365. We have some new employees coming on who will not be working in the office. I have their accounts created/synced in Office 365/Active...
  7. INTERNET ACCESS IS BLOCKED

INTERNET ACCESS IS BLOCKED: [IMG]I updated my windows 10 version (1909) and since then all my browsers can't access the internet. I tried the troubleshooting approach but still I couldn't resolve it. You can see from the picture attached that I am connected to the WiFi network but "Your Internet access...
  8. Internet access blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet access blocked: Attempting to access Router, the message 'Internet Access is Blocked' shows. I have disabled Windows Firewall but still blocked. Anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-access-blocked/72c78239-33c1-42d7-8f66-cbf5e925e8cc"
  9. Office 365 blocking

Office 365 blocking: Suddenly I am being blocked from sites that I access nearly every day and it says that it is Office 365 is doing this blocking . I do not even use this any more or have it on my computer. I am unable to find anything to bypass this and since I do not have an a school or work...
  10. sharepoint access with office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sharepoint access with office 365: how can I use sharepoint for my softball team. I don't belong to a school I belong to a sports organization. I also don't belong to a work organization...