Windows 10: Joining Win 10 pro to domains during PC setup

Discus and support Joining Win 10 pro to domains during PC setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First off, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for in the forums, so, apologies in advance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by des111168, Jun 19, 2019.

1. des111168 Win User

Joining Win 10 pro to domains during PC setup

First off, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for in the forums, so, apologies in advance.

We're standardized in Windows 7 Pro in our LAN, and are preparing to roll out new replacement PC's with Win10 Pro. My question is about the setup up process on new Win10 PC's: is there any way to bypass creating a local account (or a Microsoft account) first, and simply join new Win10 Pro boxes straight to the domain? Since all PC's are on an Active Directory domain, I'd like to bypass local accounts with their own credentials and security questions, etc, if possible.

:)

des111168, Jun 19, 2019

2. Domain Joined Windows 7/8.1 Pro Upgrades to Windows 10?

I don't know if the initial upgrade on domain joined pc's was successfully addressed, but the gwx.exe will install Win 10 Pro on domain joined computers through Windows Updates.

KevinTyson, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain  

@rseiler,

I just finished clean installing Windows 10 Enterprise build 17093 in a VM using a local account, and it still has the same steps in the tutorial for me.

Is your PC already joined to a domain?

Joining Win 10 pro to domains during PC setup [​IMG]

Brink, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Joining Win 10 pro to domains during PC setup

Upgrading to Win 10 automatically on Domain joined PC's

I recently noticed a few PC's coming through the shop with Win 10 as a important upgrade rather than an optional. These were from non domain joined clients but we let all our clients know that there had been a change. My question is will domain joined
    PC's and laptops automatically update to Win 10? If so what is the best way to keep them from upgrading.

Looking 4 Knowledge, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Joining Win 10 pro to domains during PC setup

1. Joining Win 10 pro to domains during PC setup - Similar Threads - Joining pro domains

2. Joining the pc to domain issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Joining the pc to domain issues: Hi In our company ,when we join the pc to domain then user login with is credentials getting error that search & windows option is not getting and after restart the pc getting error black screen.please let me know solution for this....
  3. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  4. Non Domain Joined PC Not Updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non Domain Joined PC Not Updating: Unable to get non-domain computers to connect to and update using internal WSUS server. Domain computers are working fine, but when the non-domain computers try to update after changing local gpo to point to WSUS server, it says "We couldn't connect to the update service....
  5. PC on Domain prompted to Join workplace

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC on Domain prompted to Join workplace: Hi All, All PC's in my organization are connected to a Domain. Last week, one of my user was prompted with the following screen " Windows saves your account and makes it easier to sign up for apps and websites. So you do not have to enter your password every time you...
  6. Can same PC have domain-joined and non-domain-joined accounts?

Can same PC have domain-joined and non-domain-joined accounts?: Can the same PC have one account set up that's domain-joined (to work), and another personal account that's NOT domain-joined? I'm guessing the answer is more likely no, since domain seems to be a machine-level and not an account-level setting. What I'd like to be able to...
  7. Upgrading domain joined Windows 7 Pro PC's to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading domain joined Windows 7 Pro PC's to Windows 10 Pro: We have win 7 pro in our organization which is legitimate and we want to upgrade them to windows 10 pro , is that option available at this point ? If so, how do we upgrade them to windows 10 ? Is that option available from wsus server or group policy ? ***Original title:...
  8. Win10 Pro stations can't join domain

Win10 Pro stations can't join domain: I have a Win2016 Hyper-V host with 4 Win2016 Standard servers. So far, I have built my DC, file server, and a net management server (2nd DC yet to come). I also have (so far) two Win10 Pro desktops, one with the 1709 build and another with 1809. I have successfully added my...
  9. Win 10 and permissions once joining domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 and permissions once joining domain: Hello all, I've set up a Windows server within my home network and everything is functioning great except the little annoyance described below. The roles it currently has is Active Directory Domain Services, DHCP, DNS, and File Services. It seems that after joining the...
  10. Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain: How to: Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain How to Join a Windows 10 PC to a Local Active Directory Domain A network based on a Domain provides centralized administration of the entire network from a single computer which is called a server. A Domain provides single user...