Windows 10: Joining Windows 10 to Synology Active Directory Domain

Discus and support Joining Windows 10 to Synology Active Directory Domain in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Louisb, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Louisb Win User

Joining Windows 10 to Synology Active Directory Domain

I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message:

Joining Windows 10 to Synology Active Directory Domain 075716e9-e518-4667-8787-51a558676fe3?upload=true.png

I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message:

Joining Windows 10 to Synology Active Directory Domain e34e05af-b099-444e-86e1-b14c5ef425e5?upload=true.png

I'm running Windows 10 Professional, the machine is in the same subnet. I'm able to connect to all resources on the NAS and access the Internet.
    I've reloaded Windows 10 and rebooted the machine several times, but continue to get the same results.
    What am I doing wrong or could be causing this?

Thanks

:)

Louisb, Feb 12, 2021
  2. graye Win User

Windows 10 Pro v 1909 and Synology Directory Server

Just curious... have to asked Synology about this? I'd bet their tech support has already dealt with this issue before now... and perhaps they have an updated Directory Services plug in

graye, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Aliphatic Win User
    Active Directory Domain Join, Windows 10 for Phone?

I would believe that this topic may have been flogged to death, except that my searches have come up dry.

Firstly, caveats:

• I'm an IT pro
    • I work for a company that uses Microsoft Windows Servers and Exchange exclusively (except for our firewall device, which is Linux)
    • We are contractually bound to maintain our own on-premises and Rackspace servers and services; we
      cannot use cloud services for company related computing. Essentially, we are private-cloud. Please don't ask.
    • Despite the fact that this post is arriving April 1, I'm deadly serious.
    Now, to the point at hand.

In my (and several others') opinions, Windows 10 will never be "Universal" until Active Directory services are supported equally on all platforms and devices, including phones. At least the option should be there during provisioning to allow for this.

So that said - when, oh when, will I be able to domain-join our company's Windows 10 phones to our AD domain?

*Moved from Insider*

Aliphatic, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Joining Windows 10 to Synology Active Directory Domain

Join Workplace on Domain PC

Hi Harish,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that the domain joined computer is prompting a notification related to Workplace Join. In this case, let me help to point you in the right direction where you should get the appropriate assistance for issues related to domain environment.

I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet Forums
    , where we have a dedicated team of professionals to help you with queries related to Workplace Join.

Meanwhile, if it may help, you can check the following documents.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Joining Windows 10 to Synology Active Directory Domain

1. Joining Windows 10 to Synology Active Directory Domain - Similar Threads - Joining Synology Active

2. Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.: Context: I'm running an active directory environment using Microsoft Azure. I have 3 VMs, 2 of which are domain controllers running 2019 Windows Server datacenter with the 3rd VMclient machine running Windows 10 Pro.All of the VMs have static IPs and when created, were added...
  3. Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.: Context: I'm running an active directory environment using Microsoft Azure. I have 3 VMs, 2 of which are domain controllers running 2019 Windows Server datacenter with the 3rd VMclient machine running Windows 10 Pro.All of the VMs have static IPs and when created, were added...
  4. PC joins domain but not listed in Active Directory, occasional login issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC joins domain but not listed in Active Directory, occasional login issues: I recently replaced a 2003 server with a 2019 and have since decommissioned the old 2003 SBS server.Pretty static environment so it took awhile before I had to join a new PC to the domain. Having done so, it states the PC joins fine and generally allows the user to log in....
  5. PC joins domain but not listed in Active Directory, occasional login issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC joins domain but not listed in Active Directory, occasional login issues: I recently replaced a 2003 server with a 2019 and have since decommissioned the old 2003 SBS server.Pretty static environment so it took awhile before I had to join a new PC to the domain. Having done so, it states the PC joins fine and generally allows the user to log in....
  6. PC joins domain but not listed in Active Directory, occasional login issues

7. Active Directory Domain Services issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory Domain Services issue: Hello,we are encountering the following issue as shown in the screenshot whenever we log in to the domain controller.I need your help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-directory-domain-services-issue/7ee583af-4809-48de-aef7-c5364b7d49a5
  8. The active directory domain is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The active directory domain is currently unavailable: Whenever I go to Command prompt and put the shutdown command: ,,shutdown -i'' it says the active directory domain is currently unavailable and I don't know which category is this supposed to be. pls help...
  9. active directory domain service

in Windows 10 Customization
    active directory domain service: When I try to print I get Active Directory Domain Service not installed. How do I download it and install the program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-directory-domain-service/99ace010-8ac1-471a-a5a0-1b1186907e02
  10. Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Tools on windows 10

Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Tools on windows 10: where can I get it I don't have it on my laptop ? Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Tools on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-directory-domain-services-and-lightweight/1d1906ad-4006-4ad8-b30d-634acf15c410