Windows 10: Joy Cons Not Recognized As Controllers

Discus and support Joy Cons Not Recognized As Controllers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I have been using Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons to play games on my computer. However, ever since I used BetterJoyForCemu once, my controllers even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Questions{}[][]{}, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Joy Cons Not Recognized As Controllers

Recently I have been using Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons to play games on my computer. However, ever since I used BetterJoyForCemu once, my controllers even when they are connected to my controller through Bluetooth just don't show up on "Set up USB Game Controllers". They are Joy-Con L and Joy-Con R. They used to work, and do stay connected to my computer, but they aren't recognized as "controllers". I can't find anything about how to solve this problem. Could I please have some help?

:)

Questions{}[][]{}, Apr 13, 2020

2. My Xbox360 controller is not recognized

Hi Matthew,

As the Xbox 360 controller is not getting recognized in the Windows 10 computer, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Method 2: Follow the troubleshooting steps in the link provided below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 controller for Windows

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-help

For your reference:

Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems

Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Joy Cons Not Recognized As Controllers

My Xbox360 controller is not recognized

Hi Matthew,

We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the drivers for the controller.
    • Right click on the driver and select Properties.
    • Click on Driver tab and click on Uninstall.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the driver.
    • Restart the system after uninstalling the driver and connect the device to the computer and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Joy Cons Not Recognized As Controllers

1. Joy Cons Not Recognized As Controllers - Similar Threads - Joy Cons Recognized

2. Cannot connect the right nintendo switch joy-con to Windows 11 through bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect the right nintendo switch joy-con to Windows 11 through bluetooth: As the title says, I'm currently having trouble as the right joy-con is completely undetected by my pc with windows 11, so i'm unable to pair both my switch controllers to the pc. The left joy-con connects flawlessly and they both connect toy android phone and the switch they...
  3. Cannot connect the right nintendo switch joy-con to Windows 11 through bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect the right nintendo switch joy-con to Windows 11 through bluetooth: As the title says, I'm currently having trouble as the right joy-con is completely undetected by my pc with windows 11, so i'm unable to pair both my switch controllers to the pc. The left joy-con connects flawlessly and they both connect toy android phone and the switch they...
  4. Issues connecting Joy Con to new Win10 PC with Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues connecting Joy Con to new Win10 PC with Bluetooth: Recently I purchased a new PC to succeed my old work laptop, both of which ran Windows 10. The new PC seems to be working very well, all except for one very troubling issue. When adding a Joy Con through Bluetooth, the device works as intended until the connection is...
  5. Issues connecting Joy Con to new Win10 PC with Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues connecting Joy Con to new Win10 PC with Bluetooth: Recently I purchased a new PC to succeed my old work laptop, both of which ran Windows 10. The new PC seems to be working very well, all except for one very troubling issue. When adding a Joy Con through Bluetooth, the device works as intended until the connection is...
  6. Issues connecting Joy Con to new Win10 PC with Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Switch Joy con drivers not working?

Switch Joy con drivers not working?: I'm trying to connect my joycon controllers to my windows 10 pc, via bluetooth. The PC recognizes and identifies the controllers properly upon connection, but despite this having worked before, it now no longer detects ANY of the inputs. I'm at my wit's end, please help....
  8. fs2020 is not recognizing my microsoft sidwinder forced feedback2 joy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fs2020 is not recognizing my microsoft sidwinder forced feedback2 joy: i have a microsoft sidewinder force feed back2 joy stick and can not get it too work spent a good deal of money on a good computer and the new flight sim2020 and would really love to fly this sim i am a little surprised the game does not see this joystick as it is a microsoft...
  9. I need help connecting Joy-Cons to my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help connecting Joy-Cons to my PC: Good afternoon! I have a Nintendo Switch as my primary console, that also has the only bluetooth controllers with me, so I decided that I wanted to use them to play on my computer (Lenovo Ideapad S145). The problem is, I've tried two drivers and solutions - xJoy and vJoy -,...
  10. Pairing Nintendo Switch Joy-Con via Bluetooth dongle caused BSOD

Pairing Nintendo Switch Joy-Con via Bluetooth dongle caused BSOD: Hi, Before this it was successfully paired/unpaired multiple times. But started like 2 weeks ago I have this BSOD problem every time I want to pair my Joy-Con. I have minidump file here : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqZp8CAigzb5lxxCIXO8X04iHeTI?e=rQr2md Thanks....