Windows 10: Joystick and Throttle nolonger detectabl by most games

Discus and support Joystick and Throttle nolonger detectabl by most games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS Joystick and Throttle which used to work on my system. Now however, the vast majority of my games do not detect either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Krahazik, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Krahazik Win User

Joystick and Throttle nolonger detectabl by most games

I have a Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS Joystick and Throttle which used to work on my system. Now however, the vast majority of my games do not detect either device at all when they are plugged in. I have the correct and updated drivers for the joysticks.

Under windows, ALL trouble shooting steps result in no problems. According to windows both the joystick and throttle are functioning correctly, windows can see both, I can bring up their settings, properties, and verify the functionality of all button and axes of control.

However, most of my games can no-longer see the controllers, it is as if they do not exist at all. Games, that used to be able to see both. If it was just a single game, I would suspect a bug in the specific game, but since its multiple unrelated games, from multiple developers all with the exact same issue. It has to be something else.

There have been several updates to windows between the time when the games could detect the joystick and throttle, and when I noticed they were nolonger being detected by the majority of my games.

Running Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, Version 1709 Build 16299.547

AMD FX 8350 Eight-Core Processor, 16gb RAM

:)

Krahazik, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Hoggorm Win User

Throttle moving fast back and forth when joystick throttle is idle

Hi,

I have this Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that I use for flight simulators and that won't stay at the throttle setting I set.

In flight the problem is not all that big except when the throttle is set close to afterburner (since then the afterburner may kick in and out all the time), but when on idle this is a major issue since the engine is given power all the time...

Joystick and Throttle nolonger detectabl by most games [​IMG]

In this picture you can see the approximate throttle position and the area where it will wander inside when at idle... Sometimes it is stationary for a few secs, other times it moves fast several times a sec.

I've tried the following:

Use a different computer
    Disconnect and connect the joystick USB
    Calibrating using devices settings in Windows 10
    Reinstalled the Extreme 3D Pro joystick driver

No attempt seems to fix the problem, so I was wondering if you had any suggestions?

Hoggorm, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Hoggorm Win User
    Throttle moving fast back and forth when joystick throttle is idle

I opened the joystick and cleaned the potentiometer. After the procedure the throttle appears to be working again Thank you

Hoggorm, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Hellfire Win User

Joystick suggestions.

Hi guys, I am looking for a new joystick but not sure which to go for, since I love this place I figured suggestions wouldn't go amiss here.

Problems are, I need a left handed joystick, or something which fits very comfy in the left hand and has access to the buttons, throttle control with seperate throttle if possible so I can move the throttle away and pedals (for yaw) but I've not seen many joystick with these. money isn't much of an issue but the cheaper the better. Cheers.

Hellfire, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Joystick and Throttle nolonger detectabl by most games - Similar Threads - Joystick Throttle nolonger

2. My Gaming PC throttles itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Gaming PC throttles itself.: Howdy!So I just got a new gaming rig. The first time we loaded Windows to it, it ran fine. We upgraded some internal stuff, and we did a clean start with Windows.Well, the second run had some issues, but the biggest one was the fact that the system throttles itself. It...
  3. My Gaming PC throttles itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Gaming PC throttles itself.: Howdy!So I just got a new gaming rig. The first time we loaded Windows to it, it ran fine. We upgraded some internal stuff, and we did a clean start with Windows.Well, the second run had some issues, but the biggest one was the fact that the system throttles itself. It...
  4. Joystick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Joystick: Hi all, I bought a new joystick Thrustmaster T flight stick X in december last year. It worked perfectly well on my last laptop Acer, i7, gtx 760m, win 10. After buying a new laptop last week I plugged a joystick into usb port and it was recognized as - T flight stick X...
  5. Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller and Joystick Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller and Joystick Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby: I use a Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller & Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS joystick to play DCS World flight sim. As long as I have the Thrustmaster TWCS game Controllers connected to a USB port either USB2.0 or USB3.2gen1 my screensaver will not initialise and my monitors...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020-All of a sudden my Throttle on joystick won't work-but it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020-All of a sudden my Throttle on joystick won't work-but it...: I never had this problem before today. When I use the throttle on my joystick the plane either moves very slowmuch too slow to take off or it doesnt move at all. However, if I go into flight training, the throttle works as well as it did before this problem started. What...
  7. joystick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    joystick: How to configure sidewinder joystick to work with this simulator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/joystick/ba043b23-12c7-4574-a8d4-f5ffd47f2dc5
  8. what games will work with joystick on windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what games will work with joystick on windows10: would like to know if there are any games that still use a joystick with windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-games-will-work-with-joystick-on-windows10/dde0a8ad-0a72-466f-b20a-955f698cd2a1
  9. JOYSTICK GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JOYSTICK GAMING: The system detects the joystick and is also usable for playing the games which are installed from the CD. The problem is that the joystick cannot be used for playing games which are downloaded from the windows store (such as forza , shadow fight, asphalt 8 etc,.). Is there...
  10. Throttle moving fast back and forth when joystick throttle is idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Throttle moving fast back and forth when joystick throttle is idle: Hi, I have this Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that I use for flight simulators and that won't stay at the throttle setting I set. In flight the problem is not all that big except when the throttle is set close to afterburner (since then the afterburner may kick in...