Windows 10: Joystick works on laptop but not on pc

Discus and support Joystick works on laptop but not on pc in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have recently bought a joystick, it works perfectly on my laptop but on my pc it becomes unspecified and the inputs don't work (both my laptop and pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KorayTektas, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Joystick works on laptop but not on pc

I have recently bought a joystick, it works perfectly on my laptop but on my pc it becomes unspecified and the inputs don't work (both my laptop and pc have been formatted)

:)

KorayTektas, Mar 4, 2019

2. pc joystick

Hi boulos_mansour,

An incompatible driver may cause the device to not work properly on Windows 10. I suggest contacting your device manufacturer to get a Windows 10 driver for your device. You may also try using your PC joystick with other games to see if the issue persists.
    If this only happens with certain games, resetting the game's controller setting may help to solve the issue.

Regards.

Gemzon Mar, Mar 4, 2019
  3. GENERIC USB JOYSTICK NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 10

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

This issue may arise due to driver conflicts. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to restart the computer, plug in the device and run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check

if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I also suggest you to check if the joystick is compatible with Windows 10 or with the specific game.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Joystick works on laptop but not on pc

joystick

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. What is the make and model of the joystick?

You can try few troubleshooting steps and check if that helps. Run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Tap on Windows + I on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Update and Security.
    3. Select Troubleshoot option.
    4. Now click on Hardware and Devices and
      Run the troubleshooter.

You can also refer the following article to
    troubleshoot game controllers in Microsoft games

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Joystick works on laptop but not on pc

1. Joystick works on laptop but not on pc - Similar Threads - Joystick works laptop

2. Windows 10 working with mouse and joystick together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 working with mouse and joystick together: Hey I use a computer with Windows 10 with 4 monitors. On three screens I run a camera monitoring software which I operate using a joystick connected via USB. My problem is that when I want to work on the fourth screen the focus drops from the camera software and the joystick...
  3. Windows 10 working with mouse and joystick together

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 working with mouse and joystick together: Hey I use a computer with Windows 10 with 4 monitors. On three screens I run a camera monitoring software which I operate using a joystick connected via USB. My problem is that when I want to work on the fourth screen the focus drops from the camera software and the joystick...
  4. Joystick

Joystick: Hi all, I bought a new joystick Thrustmaster T flight stick X in december last year. It worked perfectly well on my last laptop Acer, i7, gtx 760m, win 10. After buying a new laptop last week I plugged a joystick into usb port and it was recognized as - T flight stick X...
  5. Laptop Keyboard is not working because of joystick?

Laptop Keyboard is not working because of joystick?: I was just trying to connect my joystick to my laptop, after that suddenly the keyboard on my laptop is not working anymore. I am not sure if it was caused by the joystick connection or not, because before the keyboard worked just fine. But I have tried to troubleshoot,...
  6. sidewinder joystick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sidewinder joystick: what flight game will work with an old sidewinder precision pro joy stick windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sidewinder-joystick/d2408c3e-8618-4f4e-a255-bf4fbdf027cd
  7. joystick

joystick: How to configure sidewinder joystick to work with this simulator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/joystick/ba043b23-12c7-4574-a8d4-f5ffd47f2dc5
  8. Cyborg V1 Joystick Detected but not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cyborg V1 Joystick Detected but not working: Hi everyone, I just recently changed computers to a more powerful system, and my old pc had windows 10 1909 Education, and my new one has windows 10 1909 Pro. My joystick worked perfectly fine on my old pc, it was plug and play i didn't have to install anything myself, I'd...
  9. what games will work with joystick on windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what games will work with joystick on windows10: would like to know if there are any games that still use a joystick with windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-games-will-work-with-joystick-on-windows10/dde0a8ad-0a72-466f-b20a-955f698cd2a1
  10. joystick xbox one su pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    joystick xbox one su pc: buongiorno, ho scaricato forza horizon 4 e gears of war 4 dallo store microsoft su pc ma con nessuno dei 2 giochi viene rilevato il joystick della one collegato con chiavetta wireless, ho altri giochi da steam o origin e tutti funzionano alla perfezione. come posso risolvere?...