Windows 10: JPEG and RAW icons have the same symbol; I would like to change

Discus and support JPEG and RAW icons have the same symbol; I would like to change in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I use Windows 10. The JPEG and RAW file icons have the same symbol and it's impossible to differentiate between the two unless I mouse over each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joseph_Lynch##, May 20, 2019.

1. JPEG and RAW icons have the same symbol; I would like to change

Hello. I use Windows 10. The JPEG and RAW file icons have the same symbol and it's impossible to differentiate between the two unless I mouse over each file. Is there a way to change one of these icon symbols? (TIFF files have their own icon symbol and are no problem) Thank you.

:)

Joseph_Lynch##, May 20, 2019

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, May 20, 2019
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. psbecker Win User

JPEG and RAW icons have the same symbol; I would like to change

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, May 20, 2019
Thema:

JPEG and RAW icons have the same symbol; I would like to change

1. JPEG and RAW icons have the same symbol; I would like to change - Similar Threads - JPEG RAW icons

2. I am no longer able to download both RAW and jpeg files of the same photo from my camera...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am no longer able to download both RAW and jpeg files of the same photo from my camera...: I often take photos with both RAW and jpeg formats of the picture saved on the camera. Prior to the latest update, Photos would recognize and download both the RAW and jpeg files to my computer. With the latest update of Photos, the program no longer recognizes that the jpeg...
  3. I would like to change my Title Bar or window control icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    I would like to change my Title Bar or window control icons: I would like to change my Title Bar or window control icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-change-my-title-bar-or-window/8799d50e-8d75-49d2-9a9b-a681a4284e25
  4. JPEG, TIFF, RAW files are all the same icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JPEG, TIFF, RAW files are all the same icons: Hello. I often work with JPEG, TIFF and RAW files. When viewing in a folder all of these icons are exactly the same, there's no way to differentiate between them unless I mouse over them or use, for example, Details view. Is there a way to correct this or is this deficiency...
  5. Duckduckgo. I would like the icon on my taskbar.

Duckduckgo. I would like the icon on my taskbar.: How can I place the icon for duckduckgo on my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duckduckgo-i-would-like-the-icon-on-my-taskbar/22bd508e-c6ec-49ec-a284-ddd2562cade7
  6. Is it impossible to download raw photos and convert to JPEG?

Is it impossible to download raw photos and convert to JPEG?: My Windows 10 Home version does not recognize the direct USB connection from my camera. I purchased a card reader. The photos show up as MRW or Thumbnail. I need these pics in jpeg to download onto real estate listings. I've never had issues downloading pics on older...
  7. I would like to have help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I would like to have help: not really sure if this is in right windows topic but correct my wrongs lets start off for the last few 2-3 days my cmd has been popping up saying Too many arguments in command line. The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe. FINDSTR: Cannot open...
  8. i currently have google for my apps would like to change to microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i currently have google for my apps would like to change to microsoft: I want to change my games and my apps to Microsoft, I currently have google https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-weather/i-currently-have-google-for-my-apps-would-like-to/1ac9d8b3-6e1f-495a-9ccb-4b0019ca6065
  9. Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete: Hi, Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete and don't know how to. Any advice appeciated. 112093
  10. I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.: Scenario: Computer A is upgraded from a genuine Win 7 or 8 to Windows 10. Activated and digital entitled. A bootable media is created. I change Computer A's motherboard to a new one but not the same make and model. I then use the same bootable media to reinstall Windows...