Windows 10: Jpeg files from Mac

Discus and support Jpeg files from Mac in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have some .jpeg files I was given by a MAC owner that will not open. I have tried Photos, Gallery and Adobe Photoshop. I get a message that the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jshaw42, Nov 22, 2020.

1. jshaw42 Win User

Jpeg files from Mac

I have some .jpeg files I was given by a MAC owner that will not open. I have tried Photos, Gallery and Adobe Photoshop. I get a message that the files may be damaged or corrupted. These files can be opened on the MAC. I have tries renaming them to .jpg with no luck. Is there a way for me to check the condition of the files?

:)

jshaw42, Nov 22, 2020

2. mac files

MacFUSE and NTFS-3g are both excellent tools for NTFS access on a Mac.

Fat32 IIRC will limit you to the 4gb files and such.

You can use the Disk Utility (Located in Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility) to format your drive any which way you please, except NTFS, because OS X does not natively support NTFS writing. READ ONLY. MacFUSE and NTFS-3G will allow you to write things to NTFS drives.

HFS+ will however, be mac only, unless your PC/Linux box also has a compatability software installed.

I would suggest MacFUSE if you need to use the drive between machines.

you CAN have HFS+ and NTFS partitions on the same drive, aswell. The HFS+ partitions just will not mount in windows without help.

Dippyskoodlez, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Pembo210 Win User
    mac files

Correct. HFS+ will not work on windows, unless you purchase extra software.

If you want the external drive to work on Windows and Mac AND also allow files larger than 4GB, then you need to format as NTFS from a Windows machine and run a program from your Mac like Macfuse or NTFS-3G to read the NTFS file system.

The other option is to format in HFS+ (mac) and buy a program called MacDrive that allows Windows computers to read Mac formatted drives. I think it's like $50.

That's pretty much all I can remember from my Mac days. I haven't used one in a couple years.

Pembo210, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Jpeg files from Mac

mac files

format your ext. hard drive first to NTFS. backup first.

FAT32 can't have files that are bigger than 4 gb(i think that your ext. HDD is FAT32)

EDIT: Oops you have MAC!! sorry
    just format to another format in mac with supports more than 4 gb files

lyndonguitar, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Jpeg files from Mac

1. Jpeg files from Mac - Similar Threads - Jpeg files Mac

2. JPG/JPEG files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JPG/JPEG files: I upgraded from 10 to 11 in June. Upgrade seemed to go fine. Now I have noticed all my JPG/JPEG files are Adobe files. When I try to save an email attachment from Outlook it converts the JPG files to Adobe. Is there a setting I need to change?Seems to be happening for email...
  3. JPG/JPEG files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JPG/JPEG files: I upgraded from 10 to 11 in June. Upgrade seemed to go fine. Now I have noticed all my JPG/JPEG files are Adobe files. When I try to save an email attachment from Outlook it converts the JPG files to Adobe. Is there a setting I need to change?Seems to be happening for email...
  4. TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC: I am trying to use the Windows migration tool to transfer my files from my Surface to a Macbook. I am being asked to go to RUN, type cmd, then the extension chkdsk. When I do this access is denied and says a firewall is blocking everything. I turn off windows defender and it...
  5. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files: Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004 Installed on - 2020-07-16 OS build - 19041.388 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. Only jpeg is supported when file is a jpeg

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only jpeg is supported when file is a jpeg: On two out of my three Windows 10 Pro 64-bit machines specifically a Surface Pro 3 and an HP desktop, when I attempt to upload a jpg file to certain web pages, I get an error message ..... is not supported. Only image/jpeg is supported. On my newest Windows 10 machine and...
  7. JPEG files unsupported

JPEG files unsupported: I work with JPEG files every day, using Nikon ViewNX-i. Today I have started getting an error message "You cannot apply this operation to unsupported files. Please reselect files and try again". This happens not only on new files but also on files where I have previously...
  8. Opening JPEG files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening JPEG files: How can I get Windows 10 to open my JPEG files? The system suddenly decided to tell me it was unable to open my photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpeg-files/a69fd195-ca55-4a53-acf0-87e0a756b387
  9. JPEG files -

JPEG files -: I photocopy files as JPEG files but when I come to open them in word i get a File Conversion window. This has only started in the last month or so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpeg-files/c21b08d6-5e88-4a48-afa1-cf330adecc5c"
  10. text files from desktop converted to .jpeg

in Windows 10 Support
    text files from desktop converted to .jpeg: All of a sudden all the folders and files (mainly text) on my desktop have disappeared. After a long search I was able to find them in C:\users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\BridgeCS4\Cache\256\Desktop6E309C78. All the files are saved as .jpg and they really are images, so...