Windows 10: JPEG photos do not open in my Microsoft Surface, Windows 10

Discus and support JPEG photos do not open in my Microsoft Surface, Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have several photos on my desktop JPG files and in various file folders on my Microsoft Surface PC. Formerly, I used to click on the JPG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TansukhGanatra, Jul 14, 2020.

1. JPEG photos do not open in my Microsoft Surface, Windows 10

Hello,

I have several photos on my desktop JPG files and in various file folders on my Microsoft Surface PC.

Formerly, I used to click on the JPG icon and it opened up within 1-2 seconds.

Now, there is a significant delay 10-15 seconds and some photos do not open at all.

Please note that I installed "Version 2004", which was a major Microsoft update on my PC, on 7/2/2020.

It was guite an effort to get that update installed --- took three [3] different attempts!

I have run various troubleshooters, resets, re-started the PC, removed the Photos App and re-installed it, etc. However , none of those things have alleviated this problem.

Looking forward to your suggestions and guidance as to how this can be rectified/resolved.

In advance, thanks for your assistance on this matter.

:)

TansukhGanatra, Jul 14, 2020

2. Can not open jpeg photos with windows 10 (after deleted the pre-installed "Photos" app)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that if you delete photos app, the pictures that you like to access will open in Windows Photo viewer or the applications which supports the respective format. To open certain images with the apps that you prefer, you will have
    to customize it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

• Right click on the pic that you would like to view.
      • Click on Open With.
      • Click on Choose another app.
      • Choose the app accordingly.
      • Place a check mark on Always use this app to open.jpeg.
    I would also like to inform you that even .jpeg pictures can be open with paint application. To check whether the picture is .jpeg format. I suggest you to right click on the picture and click on properties.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 14, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft HD Photo Format to Become JPEG Successor

The multinational Joint Photographic Experts Group, responsible for the JPEG standard used in virtually all mainstream imaging, has decided that the next iteration of its standard will be based on Microsoft's HD Photo format. HD Photo is built into Windows Vista, and was originally dubbed Windows Media Photo, hoped to offer some degree of proprietary control for the company; in its new incarnation however it will be called JPEG XR, and remain neutral as with the current JPEG technology. The "XR" addition stands for Extended Range, and like HD Photo, should allow a wider and subtler range of tones, as well as an expanded color palette, better compression and support for in-camera image processing.

Source: Electronista via CNET News

malware, Jul 14, 2020
  4. SarahKong Win User

JPEG photos do not open in my Microsoft Surface, Windows 10

Unable to open JPEG files on windows 10 OS system

Hi Kiran... do you have paint or photos installed on your system?

Let's set default app for jpeg.

To do this go to start - settings - apps - default apps - set defaults by app

Click Paint

From there make sure you see jpeg in the list.

See link for step by step with screenshots.

See if that works.

https://techforluddites.com/windows-10-change-t...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

SarahKong, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

JPEG photos do not open in my Microsoft Surface, Windows 10

1. JPEG photos do not open in my Microsoft Surface, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - JPEG photos open

2. Microsoft Store and Photos do not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Photos do not open: I was attempting to open Photos previously, but got a file system error -2147219196. This prevents me from viewing image files in Photos.I uninstalled Photos and attempted to open the Microsoft Store to reinstall, and it wouldn't open. I forced it to open with wsreset.exe and...
  3. I CAN NOT OPEN .JPJ OR .JPEG OR ANY PHOTO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I CAN NOT OPEN .JPJ OR .JPEG OR ANY PHOTO: I CAN NOT OPEN .JPG OR .JPEG OR ANY PHOTO IN MY COMPUTER WHICH IS INSTALLED WITH MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PROFFESSIONAL V20H2 OPERATING SYSTEMNeed help in this regards...
  4. Keeping photos (jpegs) open on desktop and in file folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Keeping photos (jpegs) open on desktop and in file folders: When I save a Jpeg photo to my desktop or in file folders they do not show the photo. All they show is a blue coloured square with the word jpeg. In Windows 7 all my Jpegs would stay open(showing the photo) both on the desktop and in my file folders. Why can't I do this in...
  5. Photo app won't open JPEG files

Photo app won't open JPEG files: I am trying to open JPEG files in the photo app and I get an error message that this file format is not supported. How do I fix that? Same thing happens with photoviewer or photo gallery...
  6. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files: Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004 Installed on - 2020-07-16 OS build - 19041.388 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  7. Microsoft Photos/ Windows Photo Viewer Not Opening the jpg/jpeg files after April 2019 Update

Microsoft Photos/ Windows Photo Viewer Not Opening the jpg/jpeg files after April 2019 Update: Hi Team, My personal files were missing after the April 2019 Update. I took my laptop to Microsoft Store for the Recovery. The store engineers were able to recover the data after three months of waiting. After that I have not logged into my laptop until last week. When I...
  8. Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG

Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG: Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already in JPEG form. I can even attach to emails but the regular photo viewer will not open them it says file location can not be found....but every other application can locate them just fine. This occurs on...
  9. saving, then later opening photos {jpeg]

saving, then later opening photos {jpeg]: on closing my photos look like saved in a file form I and my computer does not recognise. it looks like a revers of windows photos, white mountain blues sky. and will not open Help...
  10. Saving photos jpeg

Saving photos jpeg: How do I change photos to jpeg using paint or other functions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-photos-jpeg/f07d7519-cec5-43a8-9e9c-dceeb8730c0f"