Windows 10: Jpeg pictures are blank in MS Photo

Discus and support Jpeg pictures are blank in MS Photo in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can see them just as a thumbnail. Other apps show the picture Paint. It is interesting that this issue affects only some of Jpeg pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Adrianne Stgermain, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Jpeg pictures are blank in MS Photo

I can see them just as a thumbnail. Other apps show the picture Paint. It is interesting that this issue affects only some of Jpeg pictures

:)

Adrianne Stgermain, Oct 16, 2020
  2. tincanguy Win User

Transferring pictures from MS Photo gallery to Photos in Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. While exporting MS Photo Gallery contents to the Windows 10 Photo App can't be done directly, I stumbled on a way to do it indirectly.

1) Open MS Photo Gallery

2) Click on "select all"

3) Click on "OneDrive". A page titled "Publish on OneDrive" will appear

4) Choose and enter a title in the blank

5) Click on "Publish"

I followed the above procedure and after the nearly one hour it took to download 2298 pictures, voila, they all appeared in the Windows 10 Photo app!

tincanguy, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Photo shows in Paint but is blank when opened in MS photos

Picture opened in MS Photos yesterday, today it is blank.

It shows in the folder with a thumbnail.

It is a JPEG picture.

It opens fine in MS paint.

MS Photos does show other photos.

Issue is affecting hundreds of photos while others in the same location view fine.

There is no error message when trying to open the picture or loading animation.

displayname188, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Adar4444 Win User

Jpeg pictures are blank in MS Photo

Where from does MS ‘Photos’ takes pictures and videos taken by iPhone ?

Hi,

• On my Desktop PC Windows 10 OS is installed.

• My cellular phone is Apple iPhone 6s.

• I photographed on it thousands of pictures and videos.

• By mistake, after purchasing the iPhone, I didn’t change the default settings:

‘Settings’ > ‘Photos and Camera’ > ~ Improve the performance of storage in the iPhone

• To be:

‘Settings’ > ‘Photos and Camera’ > ~ Upload and keep the original files

• The result is:

• Pictures and Videos are kept in the original size / volume on Apple’s iCloud.

• Pictures and Videos are compressed
        by the iPhone OS – on the phone itself (iOS 10.2.1).

• That is for the purpose of saving memory usage.

• Now I would like to backup all taken by the iPhone on to my MS PC

= in the original, full size !

• On my MS PC I see the ‘Photos’ application that is included in Windows 10.

• I don’t know that application and I never used it.

• Lately I noticed that in the Photos tile, located in the Start-Up menu, Photos located in the PC hard drive and also others, taken by the iPhone, appear automatically !!!

• Opening the ‘Photos’ application >>> a mix of the above is seen.

• I don’t remember that I changed any relevant settings while installing Windows 10 OS.

• Also: I didn’t ever Installed or Connect my PC to MS OneDrive.

• >>> How can I know from where the pictures are taken into ‘Photos’ ??? !!!

• Directly from the iPhone = Compressed, or

• From the Apple iCloud = with the original’ full size

• >>> Where and how can I set definitions / settings about the sources that ‘Photos’ will use to get pictures and videos ?

• >>> Is the idea to back up iPhone stuff to MS PC hard drive using ‘MS Photos’ a good one – or you suggest a better way ?

Many Thanks,

Adar.

Friday, 9 June 2017, 16:45

File: Learning-MS-Photos-02.docx

Adar4444, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Jpeg pictures are blank in MS Photo

1. Jpeg pictures are blank in MS Photo - Similar Threads - Jpeg pictures are

2. Storing pictures in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storing pictures in MS Photos: I sought an answer to this question before but perhaps I didn't word it well.I am scanning a collection of photographs that was years in the making, and I want to store them in several folders my choosing. I don't want the app to decide where to place them. Can this be done?...
  3. Storing pictures in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storing pictures in MS Photos: I sought an answer to this question before but perhaps I didn't word it well.I am scanning a collection of photographs that was years in the making, and I want to store them in several folders my choosing. I don't want the app to decide where to place them. Can this be done?...
  4. Storing pictures in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Loss of pictures in MS Photo Albums

Loss of pictures in MS Photo Albums: I use Win 10 MS Photo to order my pictures that are held on my C drive. 'Collection' contains all photos 1963-present. I have created 21 'Albums' that in May contained an ordered set of photos. Today12 June 2022 9 'Albums' have 0 photos with much reduced photo numbers in the...
  6. Loss of pictures in MS Photo Albums

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of pictures in MS Photo Albums: I use Win 10 MS Photo to order my pictures that are held on my C drive. 'Collection' contains all photos 1963-present. I have created 21 'Albums' that in May contained an ordered set of photos. Today12 June 2022 9 'Albums' have 0 photos with much reduced photo numbers in the...
  7. Photo shows in Paint but is blank when opened in MS photos

Photo shows in Paint but is blank when opened in MS photos: Picture opened in MS Photos yesterday, today it is blank. It shows in the folder with a thumbnail. It is a JPEG picture. It opens fine in MS paint. MS Photos does show other photos. Issue is affecting hundreds of photos while others in the same location view fine....
  8. MS photo app. can't delete pictures.

MS photo app. can't delete pictures.: I just downloaded pictures from a backup disc to my new computer. I can't delete individual pictures. Do I have to uninstall the app? can't find any 'settings' to help correct the problem....
  9. Saving photos jpeg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving photos jpeg: How do I change photos to jpeg using paint or other functions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-photos-jpeg/f07d7519-cec5-43a8-9e9c-dceeb8730c0f"
  10. Cannot view some of jpeg pictures in windows 10 photo app

Cannot view some of jpeg pictures in windows 10 photo app: I can view jpeg pictures in the Windows 10 Photos App but some jpeg pictures I cannot view. The app states "we don't support this format" I have resaved, but still couldn't view....