Windows 10: JPEG, TIFF, RAW files are all the same icons

Discus and support JPEG, TIFF, RAW files are all the same icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I often work with JPEG, TIFF and RAW files. When viewing in a folder all of these icons are exactly the same, there's no way to differentiate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joseph_Lynch##, Jun 26, 2020.

1. JPEG, TIFF, RAW files are all the same icons

Hello. I often work with JPEG, TIFF and RAW files. When viewing in a folder all of these icons are exactly the same, there's no way to differentiate between them unless I mouse over them or use, for example, Details view. Is there a way to correct this or is this deficiency inherent in Microsoft? In Windows 7 this wasn't an issue, each icon was distinct and different from the others which made it very easy to immediately know what type of file it was even without mousing over it. Thank you.

:)

Joseph_Lynch##, Jun 26, 2020

2. JPEG and RAW icons have the same symbol; I would like to change

Hello. I use Windows 10. The JPEG and RAW file icons have the same symbol and it's impossible to differentiate between the two unless I mouse over each file. Is there a way to change one of these icon symbols? (TIFF files have their own icon symbol and
    are no problem) Thank you.

Joseph_Lynch##, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Same icon symbol for JPEG and RAW

Hi Caroline,

the icon is for the app associated with the file extension, if you have the same app set as default for jpeg and for raw, they will have the same icon.

there are two things you can do

1) show the file extension

in file manager, click the view tab then options (right hand icon)

in folder options click the view tab

untick "hide extensions for known file types" and click ok

the names will then have the file extension showing as well.

2) set a different app as the default for Raw files

if you already have an app installed

settings -> apps -> default apps

click on "choose default applications by filetype"

locate .raw and click on the app next to it, select a different app from the list.

Martmcd, Jun 26, 2020
  4. JPEG, TIFF, RAW files are all the same icons

changing TIFF to JPEG

Hi Bernita,

You can use Microsoft Paint to convert TIFF files to JPEG format. To do so, kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open the file that you would like to convert using Microsoft Paint.
    • Go to the File menu.
    • Select Save As and click on the JPEG
      picture
      option from the menu.
    • Choose your desired location on your computer, enter the file name, and click on the Save
      button to save and convert the TIFF file to a JPEG format.

We're just here if you need further assistance.

Stephanie Sal, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

JPEG, TIFF, RAW files are all the same icons

1. JPEG, TIFF, RAW files are all the same icons - Similar Threads - JPEG TIFF RAW

2. I am no longer able to download both RAW and jpeg files of the same photo from my camera...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am no longer able to download both RAW and jpeg files of the same photo from my camera...: I often take photos with both RAW and jpeg formats of the picture saved on the camera. Prior to the latest update, Photos would recognize and download both the RAW and jpeg files to my computer. With the latest update of Photos, the program no longer recognizes that the jpeg...
  3. I am no longer able to download both RAW and jpeg files of the same photo from my camera...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am no longer able to download both RAW and jpeg files of the same photo from my camera...: I often take photos with both RAW and jpeg formats of the picture saved on the camera. Prior to the latest update, Photos would recognize and download both the RAW and jpeg files to my computer. With the latest update of Photos, the program no longer recognizes that the jpeg...
  4. All Icon is the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Icon is the same: So basically all my png, jpeg, jpg, mp4 turned to this icon, is there anyway on how to fixed it, it's kinda annoying since there's photo preview before this happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-icon-is-the-same/805e40c4-2468-46bf-afec-b89f830f2d67
  5. All Icon is the same

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Icon is the same: So basically all my png, jpeg, jpg, mp4 turned to this icon, is there anyway on how to fixed it, it's kinda annoying since there's photo preview before this happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-icon-is-the-same/805e40c4-2468-46bf-afec-b89f830f2d67
  6. All Icon is the same

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer doesn't show thumbnails for photo files such as JPEGs, TIFFs, or others?

File Explorer doesn't show thumbnails for photo files such as JPEGs, TIFFs, or others?: When I open File Explorer instead of showing a thumbnail of the picture it shows an icon representing the picture file. This is rather recent and I suspect another "new and improved" update. I remove the last update but that didn't help. Also, this same thing happens on mu...
  8. JPEG and RAW icons have the same symbol; I would like to change

JPEG and RAW icons have the same symbol; I would like to change: Hello. I use Windows 10. The JPEG and RAW file icons have the same symbol and it's impossible to differentiate between the two unless I mouse over each file. Is there a way to change one of these icon symbols? (TIFF files have their own icon symbol and are no problem) Thank...
  9. Jpeg icons in File Explorer

Jpeg icons in File Explorer: What do √ and >> mean when they appear on a jpeg icon in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpeg-icons-in-file-explorer/f56102cb-a2c4-41e4-83e0-6b34b2fa06d5"
  10. Reading multi-page scanned tiff and/or jpeg files

Reading multi-page scanned tiff and/or jpeg files: I scanned my multi-page documents to my computer as tiff files and then later as jpeg files. The only page that shows is the first page. How can I see all of the other pages?...