Windows 10: .jpg file pictures corrupt

Discus and support .jpg file pictures corrupt in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some of my pictures are corrupt. I can't see the pictures. The error message tells me that the .jpg is not supported. This is only happening with one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SusanM_123, Jan 5, 2021.

1. .jpg file pictures corrupt

Some of my pictures are corrupt. I can't see the pictures. The error message tells me that the .jpg is not supported. This is only happening with one file folder. Anyway to fix it?

:)

SusanM_123, Jan 5, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jan 5, 2021
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

.jpg file pictures corrupt

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

.jpg file pictures corrupt

1. .jpg file pictures corrupt - Similar Threads - jpg file pictures

2. show my pictures as jpg?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    show my pictures as jpg?: how to show my pictures in jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-my-pictures-as-jpg/bcd4bde2-633d-42e8-a936-debd2fe88b76
  3. Can't save picture as JPG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't save picture as JPG: So when I try to save a picture from the internet it should normally say save as JPG but it just tells me to save as the file type All Files. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-save-picture-as-jpg/97ea19b8-2351-4f4f-bedf-675f277aebcc
  4. jpg photos corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpg photos corrupt: I have corrupted JPG images. I cannot open I used most of the programs for the repair [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-photos-corrupt/20079b5f-d428-4d19-8c6b-794bf7ca4916
  5. time stamp in jpg picture files

time stamp in jpg picture files: "Windows Photo Gallery" allowed the time in "date taken" to be modified. Unfortunately, Windows Photo Gallery hasn't been available since 2017. "Windows Photos" is the replacement for Windows Photo Gallery, but Windows Photos doesn't have the capability to change the time...
  6. Picture jpg views as icons

Picture jpg views as icons: When I moved my picture files to a new computer, the views were all changed and mixed, and I can't change them all to actual picture icons as I had before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-jpg-views-as-icons/9af10df9-aee3-4a29-9b4e-95c19d6b64d1"
  7. corrupt jpg file. cant open

corrupt jpg file. cant open: Hi team, I have transferred photos and videos from my phone to laptop.. I cannot open them and jpg is corrupt i think.. jpg size is shown as16gb.....
  8. How to fix unsupported / damaged / corrupted jpg files?

How to fix unsupported / damaged / corrupted jpg files?: I just cut and paste a number of jpg photos from my phone to my desktop, and now they won't open (and I've also lost them from my phone). When I try to open the files, it says they are 'unsupported, damaged or corrupted'. Is there an easy fix to recover these files? I will be...
  9. Viewing jpg pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing jpg pictures: New W10. In W7 I would simply click on a picture to enlarge it. Some of mine are cartoon drawings with the punch line or caption running along the bottom. Just one left click was needed to view the whole thing. Can such a simple procedure be found in W10? When I click on...
  10. How to repair corrupted JPG files & prevent corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    How to repair corrupted JPG files & prevent corruption: I have a collection of JPG files and when trying to open those old JPG files, I find corrupted ones in them. It is always very disappointing but I have no idea how and when they happened. The storage media is 1TB SSD (Samsung 850 Pro-MZ-7KE1T). My question is if there is...