Windows 10: JPG files are Photo after Creators update

Discus and support JPG files are Photo after Creators update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want JPEG file to be recognized as JPEG not as Photo after creators update, but I do want to keep "photo" as standard program to open. Robby 81436 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robbie, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Robbie Win User

JPG files are Photo after Creators update

I want JPEG file to be recognized as JPEG not as Photo after creators update, but I do want to keep "photo" as standard program to open.

Robby

:)

Robbie, Apr 9, 2017

2. Photo App keeps claiming *.jpg files as default viewer although I change it! Windows 10 Pro build 10586

I set Windows Photo Viewer for jpg files and it works... But after a while the photo app claims jpg files as default viewer without even opening the Photo App!

How do I stop this?????

UPDATE

---------

This is not a Microsoft problem. It was a third-party ZIP program causing the problem. Solved!

Christina Nancy Komninou, Apr 9, 2017
  3. Photo App not working correctly after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Old title: Photo App in Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Just updated Windows 10 to Version 1607 (Anniversary Update). In the previous Windows 10 version, when I double-clicked a JPG file in Windows Explorer, the file would open in full screen in the Photos app. After the update, the Photos App now automatically
    minimizes to an icon in the Taskbar instead! Clicking on the Photos icon in the taskbar brings up the JPG file in full screen, but it remains hidden behind the Windows Explorer screen, which I then have to minimize to see the JPG.

Known problem? How do I correct this? Thanks.

Anonymous4155, Apr 9, 2017
Thema:

JPG files are Photo after Creators update

1. JPG files are Photo after Creators update - Similar Threads - JPG files are

2. No jpg file info in Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  3. No jpg file info in Photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  4. My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?

My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?: Hello thereSo for about a week now I have had this problem where my files which have photos in them are always opening as a Webp images instead of an JPG, I cant seem to view them on windows Photo app. I download files on google chrome but the photos wont open in the windows...
  5. Image missing Print .JPG files as photos from Win10. after update windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Image missing Print .JPG files as photos from Win10. after update windows: [ATTACH] since we have update windows KB4601556 and KB4589211, kindly advise Remark : Microsoft Windows version 1909 OS Build 18363.1440...
  6. String of photos in JPG files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    String of photos in JPG files: Hello, When I try to upload one Document JPG photo a string of my oher photos are attached. I had originally sent these photos from my iPhone to email and saved to documents as JPGs. I notice others have had this problem. Has anyone found a solution to this problem and...
  7. JPG photos locked after favouriting

JPG photos locked after favouriting: I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise. I was viewing .JPG images on my computer from a compact flash card using the 'Photo' app. I was favouriting some of them using the heart icon and deleting the others, however, I noticed then when I favourited a photo it would come up with a...
  8. JPG photos not supported on Photos

JPG photos not supported on Photos: Good evening. Have been trying to transfer photos from my Samsung S7 and they are in jpg format and when I try and open on desktop or laptop they say unsupported. Tried to uninstall and reinstall and still not working. Apologies if asked and solved already but this is...
  9. Photos in jpg

Photos in jpg: Heei! Why when I download photos from my camera SD card the photos are not saving in jpg? Because when I want to send my photos from the pc I just can not find the pics there...
  10. Microsoft Photos/ Windows Photo Viewer Not Opening the jpg/jpeg files after April 2019 Update

Microsoft Photos/ Windows Photo Viewer Not Opening the jpg/jpeg files after April 2019 Update: Hi Team, My personal files were missing after the April 2019 Update. I took my laptop to Microsoft Store for the Recovery. The store engineers were able to recover the data after three months of waiting. After that I have not logged into my laptop until last week. When I...