Windows 10: JPG files became extremely large after transferring from phone

Discus and support JPG files became extremely large after transferring from phone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After transferring photo files from my phone to my Surface Pro 3, the files became extremely large - in this case, 9.17 GB each which does not make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zeasons, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Zeasons Win User

JPG files became extremely large after transferring from phone

After transferring photo files from my phone to my Surface Pro 3, the files became extremely large - in this case, 9.17 GB each which does not make sense. The photos can not be viewed with any application I try.

JPG files became extremely large after transferring from phone 603c288b-b306-4be6-bf4c-e9b7728f64bc?upload=true.jpg

My Surface Pro 3 is also low on storage and it seems the files may have gotten compressed or corrupted as they were transferred over. I also do not have the latest Windows updates due to lack of storage space (not sure if that makes any difference).

Is there any way to fix this problem and salvage my photos?

I also have deleted all photos from my phone already so I don't have a backup anywhere else (I should've known better!). Please help!

:)

Zeasons, Jan 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 large network file transfer hangs OS

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing when you're doing a large network file transfer can occur due to several reasons, such as, configuration issues, hardware limitations, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are doing a wired or a wireless transfer?
    • Were you using other programs while you were performing the large network file transfer?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Unable to transfer large video files thro Bluetooth

Hi all, I am having 701 Belle model. When I try to transfer movies of 500Mb file size through Bluetooth to Samsung galaxy pop-5570, after transfer of about 200 Mb transfer is getting aborted. Message that sending phone (701) has stopped responding
    is appearing in recipient phone. However 701 is able to receive files as large as 700Mb through Bluetooth from Nexus-4. Whether anybody is facing similar problem. Can anybody pl suggest solution to this problem.

ArcotRama Mohan, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. JPG files became extremely large after transferring from phone - Similar Threads - JPG files became

2. Some files disappeared after transferring from phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some files disappeared after transferring from phone: To anyone that can helpover the last 1 mth or so, I transferred some photos and videos taken on my phone to my laptop C drive. Stored in a few different folders. Today when i checked the folders, the number of files in these folders are significantly lower than what i...
  3. Some files disappeared after transferring from phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some files disappeared after transferring from phone: To anyone that can helpover the last 1 mth or so, I transferred some photos and videos taken on my phone to my laptop C drive. Stored in a few different folders. Today when i checked the folders, the number of files in these folders are significantly lower than what i...
  4. Large jpg files after editing in Microsoft Photos Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large jpg files after editing in Microsoft Photos Windows 11: I take a lot of photos in hi resolution, but also I'm using a little compressed jpg format in my camera because I try to care about free space. After even very small edits in Microsoft Photos Windows 11 my photos grove up even twice. Is it possible to change quality level of...
  5. Large jpg files after editing in Microsoft Photos Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large jpg files after editing in Microsoft Photos Windows 11: I take a lot of photos in hi resolution, but also I'm using a little compressed jpg format in my camera because I try to care about free space. After even very small edits in Microsoft Photos Windows 11 my photos grove up even twice. Is it possible to change quality level of...
  6. Wrong JPG file size after transfering them from phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong JPG file size after transfering them from phone: I was transfering photos from my Sangung S20 FE to a Windows 10 desktop floder when this happened:1. I created a new folder on my desktop to transfer the files into.2. I cut the photos fomr my phone's floder.3. I pasted the pictures int the folder on my desktop.4. I get a...
  7. Images .jpg's became inaccessible and 13gb each in size upon transfer from Android phone to...

Images .jpg's became inaccessible and 13gb each in size upon transfer from Android phone to...: I just tried to cut and paste my pictures from my phone Samsung Galaxy S8 to my laptop Asus X541U; Windows 10 and once done the files will not open and each jpg is somehow 13gb in size with a total folder size of 18TB! I later realised that the pics I transferred were around...
  8. jpg file become 75GB after transfer from android to pc

jpg file become 75GB after transfer from android to pc: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Hi, seeking your help on how to solve this , it happen after i make jpg files transfer from android to pc. During the transfer, suddenly prompt our message error, once after click okay, phone got no backup. due to using Cut and Paste function. -_-!!...
  9. cannot open JPG files in windows 10 after transferring from iphone 6s

cannot open JPG files in windows 10 after transferring from iphone 6s: cannot open JPG files in windows 10 on my desktop after transferring the files from my iPhone 6s. looking for a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-jpg-files-in-windows-10-after/6c88f82c-7b02-4f02-969e-f3937f269a38
  10. wanna transfer files from phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wanna transfer files from phone to laptop: HELLO I HAVE A SAMSUNG AMP3 SMARTPHONE MY HP LAPTOP CANT READ IT AGAIN WHEN USB CONNECTED ,I NEED AN EASY FIX https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanna-transfer-files-from-phone-to-laptop/76b6e767-5a0d-4d48-bace-1eaf46ad29e7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jpg file became 700mb in size