Windows 10: JPG files from phone show incorrect file size 18GB although size on disk shows 4KB.

Discus and support JPG files from phone show incorrect file size 18GB although size on disk shows 4KB. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In December I transferred photos on two occasions from my android phone to my Surface laptop and the files will not open. It says an unknown error has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kat222222, May 5, 2020.

1. Kat222222 Win User

JPG files from phone show incorrect file size 18GB although size on disk shows 4KB.

In December I transferred photos on two occasions from my android phone to my Surface laptop and the files will not open. It says an unknown error has occurred. The JPG files from the phone show incorrect file size 18GB although size on disk shows a reasonable size 4KB. I can open other pictures that I have transferred from my phone as well as other pictures from other sources. I have tried to open in photos, paint and VLC media player. I cannot move them since the computer thinks they are giant and it says there is not enough space when I try to copy them. I am up to date on windows 10 updates.

:)

Kat222222, May 5, 2020

2. When opening AIFF format files all files have 4kb as size and don't open

So on one Win10 PC the thumb drive contains AIFF files that are of various sizes and presumably all larger than 4KB (as shown by File Explorer), whereas if you insert the
    same drive in a different Win10 PC the same files all show up as 4KB in size?

RobertJWin, May 5, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Yes, you *can* fill up your hard drive with zero size files

Didn't watch it, but I'm guessing the issues is the sector size. If you have 4kb sectors, that means a 0 size file will still actually take up 4kb on the disk.

Edit: Just watched it. Damn, didn't think about the file table.

newtekie1, May 5, 2020
  4. JPG files from phone show incorrect file size 18GB although size on disk shows 4KB.

When opening AIFF format files all files have 4kb as size and don't open

I have a thumb drive with numerous .aiff files on them. I can open on one of my Window 10 machines just fine. But on this one all files show a size of 4kb and immediately go to End of File when tying to open.

harryredhawk1942, May 5, 2020
Thema:

JPG files from phone show incorrect file size 18GB although size on disk shows 4KB.

1. JPG files from phone show incorrect file size 18GB although size on disk shows 4KB. - Similar Threads - JPG files phone

2. File Size on Disk shows a big fake size and i cannot open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Size on Disk shows a big fake size and i cannot open it: After i moved my photos and videos which are very important from my phone to my compress enabled drive now all the files a crazy big data size with two blue arrows on them.they cannot be opened and cannot be un compressed i tried every possible soloution.please check the...
  3. File Size on Disk shows a big fake size and i cannot open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Size on Disk shows a big fake size and i cannot open it: After i moved my photos and videos which are very important from my phone to my compress enabled drive now all the files a crazy big data size with two blue arrows on them.they cannot be opened and cannot be un compressed i tried every possible soloution.please check the...
  4. File Size on Disk shows a big fake size and i cannot open it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wrong JPG file size after transfering them from phone

Wrong JPG file size after transfering them from phone: I was transfering photos from my Sangung S20 FE to a Windows 10 desktop floder when this happened:1. I created a new folder on my desktop to transfer the files into.2. I cut the photos fomr my phone's floder.3. I pasted the pictures int the folder on my desktop.4. I get a...
  6. Why does storage shows incorrect file size?

Why does storage shows incorrect file size?: [ATTACH][ATTACH] So I installed adobe flash from some shady website, but after I install it, I immediately uninstall it cause it wasn't working at all. But after I uninstall it, there is this huge file added that I don't know of and it took 18GB of my storage, it was 148GB...
  7. File Explorer incorrect size.

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer incorrect size.: [ATTACH]I recently got a new laptop and when i started it the search bar in file explorer/control panel was the wrong size does anyone know where this setting is? a screenshot is linked bellow....
  8. Show file & folder sizes on HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show file & folder sizes on HDD: I have used the app simply called SCANNER by Steffen Gerlach ver2.10 free of cost. If it is given the enormous time it needs to scan a HDD it very nicely displays the distribution of Files / Folders all round the disk. As below: If too many apps are running, eg., FireFox x3,...
  9. Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size

Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size: My onedrive folder 91gb. I completely synced it on disk D. When I try to check size of onedrive folder - it shows only 37gb! Hovewer, used space on disk D is 91gb. How can I be sure that onedrive works well and all of my files on my disk? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  10. File sizes not showing in settings storage.

File sizes not showing in settings storage.: I am going through my storage to see whats taking up all the room so I can delete some stuff and I keep coming across games that don't have a size next to them. Most of these are from games on Steam and they used to show how much space they took up. Is this a serious issue or...