Windows 10: .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.

Discus and support .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On Windows 11.Starting recently. attempts to open .jpg images causes the error message "...The specified module could not be found"". I rebooted but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by paulndr, Jan 23, 2022.

1. paulndr Win User

.jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.

On Windows 11.Starting recently. attempts to open .jpg images causes the error message "...The specified module could not be found"". I rebooted but this didn't help. I ran Restoro but it found no issues. I checked and image files open using other apps such as Paint and XNViewMP. I went to the Microsoft Store to see if it would allow Photos app to be reinstalled or upgraded. The Photos app page tells me I "own the app". Clicking on install asks me where and when i click the only available option the Windows Store tells me "Trying to install" and has an "OK" button! Am I meant to click it befo

:)

paulndr, Jan 23, 2022

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 23, 2022
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 23, 2022
  4. psyko12 Win User

Program to open non MS standard CAB files?

Does anybody here know how to open non MS standard CAB files? E.g. game installer disks with CAB files couldn't be opened with winRAR or winzip... Is there another app to open this files?

Googling linked me to 7zip but I doesn't open it too. *Frown .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app. :(

Thanks in advance.

.jpg files will not open using MS Photos app. 1826.jpg

psyko12, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

1. .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app. - Similar Threads - jpg files open

2. How to make Photos app open jpg files again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Photos app open jpg files again: Windows Photos app has been working on my computer since it came out in 2014. Now when I try to open a jpg file any jpg in any folder I get; "The specified procedure could not be found." The files can be opened by Paint, Photoshop, and several other apps. But not Photos. I...
  3. How to make Photos app open jpg files again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Photos app open jpg files again: Windows Photos app has been working on my computer since it came out in 2014. Now when I try to open a jpg file any jpg in any folder I get; "The specified procedure could not be found." The files can be opened by Paint, Photoshop, and several other apps. But not Photos. I...
  4. No jpg file info in Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  5. No jpg file info in Photos app.

No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  6. My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?: Hello thereSo for about a week now I have had this problem where my files which have photos in them are always opening as a Webp images instead of an JPG, I cant seem to view them on windows Photo app. I download files on google chrome but the photos wont open in the windows...
  7. My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?

My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?: Hello thereSo for about a week now I have had this problem where my files which have photos in them are always opening as a Webp images instead of an JPG, I cant seem to view them on windows Photo app. I download files on google chrome but the photos wont open in the windows...
  8. .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.: On Windows 11.Starting recently. attempts to open .jpg images causes the error message "...The specified module could not be found"". I rebooted but this didn't help. I ran Restoro but it found no issues. I checked and image files open using other apps such as Paint and...
  9. UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO: USING MS 365. HAVE UPDATED SOFTWARE. BUT NOW UNABLE TO OPEN ANY JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO. THEY DO OPEN WITH MS PAINT & PAINT 3D BUT I PREFER PHOTO. USED TO OPEN AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I CLICKED ON THE PIC. JUST GET A BLACK SCREEN WITH NO PIC THEN GOES OFF. PLEASE HELP...
  10. opening jpg photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening jpg photos: I cannot open photos in jpg format when I double click on them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpg-photos/fcce5b94-6b60-4f59-a732-28835bcdcdc0