Windows 10: JPG Files

Discus and support JPG Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my external hard drive some of the files have changed from JPEG to JPG. I did not do this change. I currently use Windows Photos to view my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by karlschluth, Jul 17, 2020.

1. JPG Files

On my external hard drive some of the files have changed from JPEG to JPG. I did not do this change. I currently use Windows Photos to view my pictures however it does not open up the JPG files even though according to Microsoft it should. I have tried other programs as well to see if it can open these files but they will not. I have checked the files and they do have data in them; I just cannot open. Suggestions please. Thank you!

:)

karlschluth, Jul 17, 2020

2. View jpg files

We appreciate your response, Roy. Since there was no changes has been made on the computer, we suggest that you repair the
    Photo viewer and see if it'll fix the issue. Here are the steps on how:

• Click on Start menu, then type in Apps and features.
    • Look for Photo on the list, then select Repair.
    • Close the windows, then try to open a .jpg file again in Photo viewer.

We'll be glad to hear your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Ric5335 Win User
    jpg files

How do I find a list of ALL jpg files ?

Ric5335, Jul 17, 2020
  4. JPG Files

sorting jpg files

Hi

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you let us know, are you trying to sort in files in Explorer or Photos app?

If you are sorting in explorer, follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Open the folder in which files are stored.
    2. Right click on empty space of window.
    3. Select Sort by and click on
      Type

If you are trying to sort in Photos app by extension, we would suggest you to provide your feedback in
    Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app
    as there is no option available to sort by extension in the app. However you can sort by Modified, Newest, Oldest, and Alphabetical.

If you want to look only for the files with .jpg extension in photos app, you may type
    *.jpg in the search bar.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

JPG Files

1. JPG Files - Similar Threads - JPG Files

2. Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11: None of the image files with extensions like .png, .jpg, etc. are not opening via the Photos app in Windows 11. Whenever I open it with Photos, it just opnes a blank page screenshot attached. Formatting/Clean Install didnt work either.Actual File :-The same file opened in...
  3. Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11: None of the image files with extensions like .png, .jpg, etc. are not opening via the Photos app in Windows 11. Whenever I open it with Photos, it just opnes a blank page screenshot attached. Formatting/Clean Install didnt work either.Actual File :-The same file opened in...
  4. Unable to view any JPG JPEG files on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view any JPG JPEG files on my PC: Hi all,Quite literally, yesterday morning I was able to see my photos that I had downloaded and saved to my hard drive. I would be able to view these in the default picture app in windows.Then after lunch, I get a pop window saying that "The application has not been...
  5. Unable to view any JPG JPEG files on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to view any JPG JPEG files on my PC: Hi all,Quite literally, yesterday morning I was able to see my photos that I had downloaded and saved to my hard drive. I would be able to view these in the default picture app in windows.Then after lunch, I get a pop window saying that "The application has not been...
  6. Unable to view any JPG JPEG files on my PC

7. How to return json files back into jpg. Windows changed most of my jpgs to json and the pic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to return json files back into jpg. Windows changed most of my jpgs to json and the pic...: Windows 10 using office 365 turned most of my jpg files to json on my external HD and I can't open it now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-return-json-files-back-into-jpg-windows/8c77e62a-6fab-404a-97b6-9fdea9f81439
  8. How to return json files back into jpg. Windows changed most of my jpgs to json and the pic...

How to return json files back into jpg. Windows changed most of my jpgs to json and the pic...: Windows 10 using office 365 turned most of my jpg files to json on my external HD and I can't open it now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-return-json-files-back-into-jpg-windows/8c77e62a-6fab-404a-97b6-9fdea9f81439
  9. JPG Files Problem with exif data missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JPG Files Problem with exif data missing.: I have moved some jpg photos to another computer. When I checked 'Properties/Details' on some of them, all the camera data, i.e. manufacturer, shutter speed, ISO and f-stop, etc., has disappeared. Can it be recovered?...
  10. JPG Files Problem with exif data missing.

JPG Files Problem with exif data missing.: I have moved some jpg photos to another computer. When I checked 'Properties/Details' on some of them, all the camera data, i.e. manufacturer, shutter speed, ISO and f-stop, etc., has disappeared. Can it be recovered?...