Windows 10: jpg format issues

Discus and support jpg format issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello.I have for several yeras the next issue:i have hundred photos (jpg format).Sometimes some of them won't open(with any viewer).appears the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vasilisnikolo, Apr 28, 2019.

1. jpg format issues

Hello.I have for several yeras the next issue:i have hundred photos (jpg format).Sometimes some of them won't open(with any viewer).appears the message ''we do not support this format''(using windows photo viewer-cyberlink photo director,paint app e.t.c).Until know this effective 1-2 photos per year.But i noticed after updating to version 1809, at least a dozen of photοs won't open.I have no found a solution all these years......searching internet or from microsoft commumity.Is any friend in this forum who know why it happens this issue with jpg format?Is there any solution?(i will try to fix these photos with reset photo viewer,or with stellar photo recovery,but nothing happened).These files are permanently corrupted? I have the problem only with jpg format and with photos that are downloading from facebook.Also are saved to an external hdd that is permanently connected with c drive during update windows 10.Is it possible caused by it?

:)

vasilisnikolo, Apr 28, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 28, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

jpg format issues

Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

jpg format issues

1. jpg format issues - Similar Threads - jpg format issues

2. jpg Issue - HELP!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    jpg Issue - HELP!!: I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 from 10. Since the update, I have not been able to open my jpg files. I have gone to settings, Apps, Default Apps, and Photos and found that my Default App for jpg files is currently set on Paint 3D. I probably did that in error, trying...
  3. jpg Issue - HELP!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    jpg Issue - HELP!!: I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 from 10. Since the update, I have not been able to open my jpg files. I have gone to settings, Apps, Default Apps, and Photos and found that my Default App for jpg files is currently set on Paint 3D. I probably did that in error, trying...
  4. Formatting issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting issues: "This drive is in use. Another program or process is using this device. Do you want to format it anyway?" I checked what could be preventing me from formatting in Task Manager but it says "0% Disk" on the processes tab. So doesn't that mean there are no processes running on...
  5. how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format: I wanted to save windows 10 spotlight pictures so to open them i had to make a command on powershell to convert the pictures to jpg format, so instead of clicking on the folder i had saved the pictures into I clicked on downloaded and now all my downloaded apps and pdfs are...
  6. how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format: I wanted to save windows 10 spotlight pictures so to open them i had to make a command on powershell to convert the pictures to jpg format, so instead of clicking on the folder i had saved the pictures into I clicked on downloaded and now all my downloaded apps and pdfs are...
  7. how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How to convert HEIC into JPG format?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to convert HEIC into JPG format?: Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to convert HEIC into JPG format. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-heic-into-jpg-format/c97613f3-86f0-4dc4-a6ca-e1c4041efb5f
  9. OneDrive - issues with .JPG and .MP4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - issues with .JPG and .MP4: Hi, I bought a new computer, W10. I cloned many folders from my old computer W10 to my new one, including OneDrive, using Windows backup. Now I have an issue where I cannot view the .JPG and .MP4 files in OneDrive on the new computer unless I: 1. Permanently delete...
  10. jpg format issues

in Windows 10 Support
    jpg format issues: Hello.I have for several yeras the next issue:i have hundred photos (jpg format).Sometimes some of them won't open(with any viewer).appears the message ''we do not support this format''(using windows photo viewer).Until know this effective 1-2 photos per year.But i noticed...