Windows 10: .JPG, .HEIC, .PNG files appear with a PDF icon and I do not know how to open them in Windows 10

Discus and support .JPG, .HEIC, .PNG files appear with a PDF icon and I do not know how to open them in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a bunch of pictures in formats such as: .JPG, .HEIC, .PNG. These files appear with a PDF icon. How to open them in Windows 10? I verified that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Julio MarioV, May 7, 2021.

1. .JPG, .HEIC, .PNG files appear with a PDF icon and I do not know how to open them in Windows 10

I have a bunch of pictures in formats such as: .JPG, .HEIC, .PNG. These files appear with a PDF icon. How to open them in Windows 10? I verified that the Photos app is my default app already. I also tried the "open with" option, but I could not find the Photo app.

:)

Julio MarioV, May 7, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 7, 2021
  3. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader on Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 7, 2021
  4. suedama Win User

.JPG, .HEIC, .PNG files appear with a PDF icon and I do not know how to open them in Windows 10

HEIC file viewing

I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions?

I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location that does not seem to exist on my PC - "...Users/[user name]\AppData\temp...

Thanks.

suedama, May 7, 2021
Thema:

.JPG, .HEIC, .PNG files appear with a PDF icon and I do not know how to open them in Windows 10

1. .JPG, .HEIC, .PNG files appear with a PDF icon and I do not know how to open them in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - JPG HEIC PNG

2. I can't open my png or jpg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open my png or jpg files: I can't open my picture files as usual,I don't know why.It says install failed please contact your software vendor.Please help me, appreciate your help,thank you....
  3. I can't open my png or jpg files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my png or jpg files: I can't open my picture files as usual,I don't know why.It says install failed please contact your software vendor.Please help me, appreciate your help,thank you....
  4. I can't open my png or jpg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to convert png file to jpg file in Windows 10?

How to convert png file to jpg file in Windows 10?: How can I convert a pgn file to a jpg file? I cannot open it with any of the Microsoft apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-png-file-to-jpg-file-in-windows-10/42b8da95-dfde-4bd3-9f42-aeedc4e68977"
  6. HEIC files to JPG files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEIC files to JPG files: How do I convert .HIEC files to .JPG files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-files-to-jpg-files/d2dda092-573f-4619-a020-d9b368e256b0
  7. Need to open file extension HEIC and png.

Need to open file extension HEIC and png.: I can't open an image with a file extension .HEIC and .png. Is there a codecs pack that I can download for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-open-file-extension-heic-and-png/34af9241-e4ef-4df8-91e2-f180b826a7ba"
  8. How do I open PNG files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I open PNG files in Windows 10: Instructions say: Open LittleWindows PNG - Instructions say Open Control Panel and go to Default Programs > Set Programs. Find Windows Photo Viewer in the list of programs, (can't find it) click it, and choose Set this program as default. This will set the Windows Photo...
  9. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

Opening *.jpg and *.png files: When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error. How to fix?...
  10. how do I open a heic file

how do I open a heic file: How do I open a heic file in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-a-heic-file/835941ec-1fa2-4574-be21-24564b9d4d66"