Windows 10: .jpg images not displaying in browsers

Discus and support .jpg images not displaying in browsers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; W10 with latest updates. Noticed that a web site to which .jpg photos have been uploaded are only showing place holders, cannot display the actual... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 2gcr, Sep 3, 2016.

1. 2gcr Win User

.jpg images not displaying in browsers

W10 with latest updates. Noticed that a web site to which .jpg photos have been uploaded are only showing place holders, cannot display the actual images. Problem is across the following browsers: Edge, IE11, Firefox. Do not have chrome installed so cannot check. Another laptop with W7pro displays the images in IE, Firefox and Chrome.
    Have verified registry showing content image/jpg and image/gif.
    Can't really determine when problem started, just noticed after going to a specific site (Kijiji) that has photo's uploaded as advertisements.

:)

2gcr, Sep 3, 2016
  2. G_R
    G_R Win User

Answers in order:

1. I mean what I reported, same display issue with all 3 browsers with W10, but they can be viewed with W7pro operating system.

2. I really don't know which web sites display .jpg images as an upload to their web site. The site which I noticed is
    www.kijiji.ca .I have no problem viewing .jpg images in the photos app from a saved image on my computer.

- I have just checked web sites that offer images, and can see photo's that are .jpg in IE11.

I found out that the web site was treating the images as 'pop-up' ads. Allowed pop-ups on that site and images immediately appeared/

3. .jpg images not displaying in browsers

Hi,

Please answer the below questions for the better understanding of the issue.

1. What do you mean by ".jpg images not showing up, only place holders in Edge, Firefox, and IE11"?

2. Do you mean that in all the websites you are unable to view pictures? Also, when you download any .jpeg/.jpg format file, are you able to view it in the photos app?

Please get back to us with the necessary details so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

Thank you.

Have a good day!

Amarjeet_Paul, Sep 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

.jpg images not displaying in browsers [​IMG]

Hi- Are these settings correct?

dalchina, Sep 3, 2016
  5. 2gcr Win User
    yes, the same settings. As well, as I noted, its the same in Edge, an Firefox browsers, not isolated to IE. It seems to be some setting related to Windows. I tried disabling my anti-virus (eset nod32) but it didn't make any difference.

2gcr, Sep 3, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Yes, but IE's options are Internet options in general. (the same options appear as a control panel applet)

An ad blocker then? Could you post the URL?

dalchina, Sep 3, 2016
  7. 2gcr Win User
    www.kijiji.ca is the site. My wife's computer has the same operating system and anti-virus, not problem on her's. I can go to other sites that offer .jpg images and view them without any problem.
    When I right-click on the image place holder all info shows as 'not available' and it gives the internet zone as protected mode on. I would expect that that setting is common to all sites.

2gcr, Sep 3, 2016
  8. 2gcr Win User

found out that pop-up blocker was the problem. Disabled for that particular site and images immediately appeared.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond to me.

2gcr, Sep 3, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Thanks for letting us know.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. .jpg images not displaying in browsers - Similar Threads - jpg images displaying

2. JPG files not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JPG files not displaying properly: I have a problem. I have a large number of photos JPG in multiple folders, both in my hard disk and in Google Drive. I was trying to view them at random. I find that there is an issue in some folders. The thumbnails are displayed clearly when the 'View' is set for...
  3. How to Convert WEBP image to JPG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Convert WEBP image to JPG: how can i change a WEBP file into a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-webp-image-to-jpg/e67e8077-f13f-4910-ba58-69ad61363ad8
  4. Windows 10 and .jpg/jpeg images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and .jpg/jpeg images: I am having problems with pulling a .jpg/jpeg image into my Janome Digitizer Embroidery program. All answers to the problem that I have read says to reset Microsoft Photo App. It mentions that "app data will be gone" or something to that effect. Does this mean I will lose...
  5. App to display a .jpg image

App to display a .jpg image: Since I am so new I hope this post is in the correct place. Windows 10 1903 build 18362.175 Since I don't do much with images I need a simple free app to post a few pictures. Photos app doesn't work on my computer. Thanks for any help. 142971
  6. opening .jpg image

opening .jpg image: unable to open .jpg image in photos. It just says this file type is unsupported. but it will play all the images in a slideshow. it will play other .jpg images no problem. Can anyone tell me how to open the images separately?...
  7. JPG Thumbnails of vertical JPG images are displayed as horizontal imag

in Windows 10 Support
    JPG Thumbnails of vertical JPG images are displayed as horizontal imag: Suddenly, vertical JPG images show thumbnail images squeezed into horizontal thumbnail JPGs. RAW files are not affected and show vertical thumbnails as expected. I do have Sagethumbs installed, so that I can see JPG thumbnail images of PSD and TIFF files. No problems with...
  8. Images not displayed in MS Edge web browser

in Browsers and Email
    Images not displayed in MS Edge web browser: I upgraded to Windows 10 last week and everything seems good except an issue I am having when I use MS Edge and also the app Flip. Neither of these will display images. I use Chrome and Opera and every image is displayed right away when I go to a website. But Edge and Flip...
  9. Edge and IE 11 both slow and do not display images (.jpg)

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE 11 both slow and do not display images (.jpg): Working on a friends computer. It came with Win 7 and was upgraded to Win 10 a month or more ago. Recently he's been complaining of Edge being very slow and not displaying images at sites like msn.com. IE11 also has same problem as Edge. I've reset IE11, removed and added...
  10. Google Chrome browser displays landscape images

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome browser displays landscape images: Hello, When I leave the computer for a while and come back, the display is black (its ok), then I hit any key mainly the spacebar to awaken the computer, and then on the display is a landscape image, (was not there when I left), and on the right upper corner a question if I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jpg not displaying in w10