Windows 10: .jpg photo files and videos cannot open via Microsoft photos on windows 11.L̥ooks like...

Discus and support .jpg photo files and videos cannot open via Microsoft photos on windows 11.L̥ooks like... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am tried repair and reset then uninstall and reinstall the app still not working. need support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Devleena, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Devleena Win User

.jpg photo files and videos cannot open via Microsoft photos on windows 11.L̥ooks like...

I am tried repair and reset then uninstall and reinstall the app still not working. need support

:)

Devleena, Jun 23, 2024

2. Videos and photos no longer opening

Hi Serge,

Videos and photos can be opened anytime as long as the program supports it. You will only cannot open it if they become corrupted.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution for your concerns with opening files, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What is the program you're using to open videos and photos?
    • Where is the "view mode" you are talking about?
    • How do you open videos and photos?
    • What is the format of your videos?
    • What is the format of your photos?
    • Have you opened these videos and photos before?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can we have a screenshot?

Get back to us once you provide us these additional information.

Johann Eva, Jun 23, 2024
  3. sonvolt Win User
    Disable videos opening with Windows 11 Photos app.

Hello
    As the title says, I would like the Windows 11 Photos app to open and browse only photos, not videos. I have a video app for videos, I would like my app called Photos to only open photos. Any way to disable videos from opening? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

sonvolt, Jun 23, 2024
  4. .jpg photo files and videos cannot open via Microsoft photos on windows 11.L̥ooks like...

Photo and videos will not open

Hi Stephanie,

Having a damaged system file within your user profile might be one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with opening photos and videos on your device. To further troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you create a test user profile.
    Check if you will have the same issue with opening photos and videos using
    the test user profile that you'll create. This is for us to verify if the issue is isolated with one user profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a test user profile, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana search, type Settings and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Choose Add someone else to this PC.
    • Click I don't have this person's sign-in information.
    • Click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Name the user as TEST and then provide a password.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

.jpg photo files and videos cannot open via Microsoft photos on windows 11.L̥ooks like...

1. .jpg photo files and videos cannot open via Microsoft photos on windows 11.L̥ooks like... - Similar Threads - jpg photo files

2. Why is Microsoft Photos suddenly not opening .JPG files+-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft Photos suddenly not opening .JPG files+-: I have been using Microsoft photos for years to edit picture files, but as of a couple of days ago it will no longer open .jpg files. THis is the error I get when I try. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  3. Why is Microsoft Photos suddenly not opening .JPG files+-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft Photos suddenly not opening .JPG files+-: I have been using Microsoft photos for years to edit picture files, but as of a couple of days ago it will no longer open .jpg files. THis is the error I get when I try. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  4. .jpg photo files and videos cannot open via Microsoft photos on windows 11.L̥ooks like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .jpg photo files and videos cannot open via Microsoft photos on windows 11.L̥ooks like...: I am tried repair and reset then uninstall and reinstall the app still not working. need support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-photo-files-and-videos-cannot-open-via/71e87c5a-9e32-4d6f-aa9b-c5ea41df4e4f
  5. Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11: None of the image files with extensions like .png, .jpg, etc. are not opening via the Photos app in Windows 11. Whenever I open it with Photos, it just opnes a blank page screenshot attached. Formatting/Clean Install didnt work either.Actual File :-The same file opened in...
  6. Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11

Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11: None of the image files with extensions like .png, .jpg, etc. are not opening via the Photos app in Windows 11. Whenever I open it with Photos, it just opnes a blank page screenshot attached. Formatting/Clean Install didnt work either.Actual File :-The same file opened in...
  7. cannot print JPG files in Windows Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot print JPG files in Windows Photos: When I try to print in Windows Photos, I get an error message that says "...unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-print-jpg-files-in-windows-photos/11c3f5e4-2436-4e36-bf8f-831aa13a78a3
  8. opening jpg photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening jpg photos: I cannot open photos in jpg format when I double click on them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpg-photos/fcce5b94-6b60-4f59-a732-28835bcdcdc0
  9. Unable to open jpg files via Photo app and windows 10

Unable to open jpg files via Photo app and windows 10: I cannot open gopro photos which are jpg files. I was able to some months ago but today I cannot open the photos I use to be able to view nor new photos. My laptop is up-to-date. What has happened - is there a problem with Window 10? I need to view these photos - please...
  10. Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.: Hai, Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type. [img] [img] [img] [img] Regards. bala. 12326