Windows 10: Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

Discus and support Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hai, Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type. [img] [img] [img] [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bala6233, Aug 2, 2015.

1. bala6233 Win User

Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

Hai,

Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type.

Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. [​IMG]

Regards.
    bala.

:)

bala6233, Aug 2, 2015
  2. tjjjtae Win User

Unable to open .jpg photos in Windows 10

I am unable to open my .jpg pictures/photos in windows 10. I went to settings and checked the apps for photo viewer and it does not show a box to select jpeg only .tff.... Is there a way to add jpeg to the photo viewer default apps???

tjjjtae, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Yawood Win User
    how to open JPGS in windows photo viewer.

old title: Windows Photo Viewer

I have my camera set to take a Raw and a JPG for each photo. When viewing the directory of photos using Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 7, this would allow me to quickly view each JPG to see what was worth opening as a raw to do further editing. This worked
    because Windows Photo Viewer used to only open JPGs (it would skip the Raws because it did not recognise them). This made it easy to look through a directory full of Raws and JPGs (I could just click on the next arrow and it would give me the next JPG). Windows
    Photo Viewer when used with Windows 10 now opens Raws as well so the next arrow opens the Raw then the JPG then the next Raw and so on. This is slow and unnecessarily shows me each photo twice.

Is there any setting I can use the make it show only JPGs, as it used to under Windows 7?

Yawood, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

Try doing it from the CP. Under "Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program" you should be able to make the change.

cyberrufus, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Marcdxn Win User
    Right click the jpg at desktop level and choose open with then find windows poto viewer and choose the option to always open with this application and it works fine.

Marcdxn, Aug 2, 2015
  6. bala6233 Win User

bala6233, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Have you tried "Choose another app" from the menu?

cyberrufus, Aug 2, 2015
  8. bala6233 Win User

i try but not showing..

bala6233, Aug 2, 2015
  9. bala6233 Win User
    all photos like jpg, png only open for PHOTOS ..

bala6233, Aug 2, 2015
  10. "Look for another app on this PC"

That's what you want; just navigate to the program you want to use.

cyberrufus, Aug 2, 2015
  11. Irastris Win User
    Here's how I did it:

Set the .jpg to open with PhotoViewer.dll in "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer"
    Then associate PhotoViewer.dll with rundll32.exe in System32.

Irastris, Aug 2, 2015
  12. Steve Win User
    Steve, Aug 2, 2015
  13. bala6233 Win User

bala6233, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. - Similar Threads - Jpg photo unable

2. jpg photos don't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    jpg photos don't open: my jpg photos won't open in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-photos-dont-open/863bd1aa-30a7-4ea7-8cc7-4cb6c68be60b
  3. jpg photos don't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    jpg photos don't open: my jpg photos won't open in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-photos-dont-open/863bd1aa-30a7-4ea7-8cc7-4cb6c68be60b
  4. UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO: USING MS 365. HAVE UPDATED SOFTWARE. BUT NOW UNABLE TO OPEN ANY JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO. THEY DO OPEN WITH MS PAINT & PAINT 3D BUT I PREFER PHOTO. USED TO OPEN AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I CLICKED ON THE PIC. JUST GET A BLACK SCREEN WITH NO PIC THEN GOES OFF. PLEASE HELP...
  5. Files not supported - unable to open jpg in photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files not supported - unable to open jpg in photos: [ATTACH] I cannot open any jpg or png recently. I get this error message. I can't save them as a new jpg, i have jpg and png set to open with photos for windows 10. A windows support told me to uninstall the graphics display adapter and restart, that didn't work. I...
  6. JPG photos not supported on Photos

JPG photos not supported on Photos: Good evening. Have been trying to transfer photos from my Samsung S7 and they are in jpg format and when I try and open on desktop or laptop they say unsupported. Tried to uninstall and reinstall and still not working. Apologies if asked and solved already but this is...
  7. Photos in jpg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in jpg: Heei! Why when I download photos from my camera SD card the photos are not saving in jpg? Because when I want to send my photos from the pc I just can not find the pics there...
  8. Microsoft Photos/ Windows Photo Viewer Not Opening the jpg/jpeg files after April 2019 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos/ Windows Photo Viewer Not Opening the jpg/jpeg files after April 2019 Update: Hi Team, My personal files were missing after the April 2019 Update. I took my laptop to Microsoft Store for the Recovery. The store engineers were able to recover the data after three months of waiting. After that I have not logged into my laptop until last week. When I...
  9. opening jpg photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening jpg photos: I cannot open photos in jpg format when I double click on them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpg-photos/fcce5b94-6b60-4f59-a732-28835bcdcdc0
  10. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Set the .jpg to open with PhotoViewer.dll