Windows 10: .jpg unable to view

Discus and support .jpg unable to view in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few months ago when I was trying to look at some old pics that I have saved on my computer decided not to work. The icon changed and when I click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by djm1951, May 30, 2021.

1. djm1951 Win User

.jpg unable to view

A few months ago when I was trying to look at some old pics that I have saved on my computer decided not to work. The icon changed and when I click on it, it will open but has an error telling me it can't open this file. I have changed the default app viewer and that did not help so I clicked reset and that did not help. So what is causing me to not be able to view them???? Thank you.

:)

djm1951, May 30, 2021

2. Unable to view or download videos from websites

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist you.

To help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

• Did you make any specific hardware or software changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular website?
    Internet Explorer 11 comes with the latest version of flash player pre-installed. So, the issue may rest with the particular page having compatibility issues with the Internet Explorer or there may be an issue with the flash
    player configuration settings in Internet Explorer. Hence, I would suggest you to try the following diagnostic steps to get started in the correct direction and check if the issue persists:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try opening the page in the compatibility view and check if you are able to view the video.

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11If Method 1 does not resolve the issue, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Try the additional steps provided in the following link.

Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Method 3:

As slightly mentioned in the Method 2, make sure that the necessary add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Tap or click the Tools button
    • In the Currently loaded add-ons list, click Run without Permissions.
    • Look for the following add-ons in the list that's displayed. If any of these add-ons are listed, make sure the Status for each is listed as Enabled.
    • Shockwave Active X Control
    • Shockwave Flash Object
    • Java Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • QuickTime Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • Windows Media Player
    Having done the above steps, check if the websites are functioning properly.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Anupkarkal1709, May 30, 2021
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 30, 2021
  4. .jpg unable to view

Unable to view status bar

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you able to access other icons on the task bar?

• Did you turned off, system icon?
    This might occur when the system icon is turned off.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the search area on the task bar and select
      Settings.

• Select the System option.

• Select Notification and action center.

• Select Turn on/off system icon.

• Turn on the icon which you want to view on your status bar.
    For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community.

Santosh_Rai, May 30, 2021
Thema:

.jpg unable to view

1. .jpg unable to view - Similar Threads - jpg unable view

2. Unable to view any JPG JPEG files on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view any JPG JPEG files on my PC: Hi all,Quite literally, yesterday morning I was able to see my photos that I had downloaded and saved to my hard drive. I would be able to view these in the default picture app in windows.Then after lunch, I get a pop window saying that "The application has not been...
  3. Unable to view any JPG JPEG files on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to view any JPG JPEG files on my PC: Hi all,Quite literally, yesterday morning I was able to see my photos that I had downloaded and saved to my hard drive. I would be able to view these in the default picture app in windows.Then after lunch, I get a pop window saying that "The application has not been...
  4. Unable to view any JPG JPEG files on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to Copy Jpg files

Unable to Copy Jpg files: I switched my wife's computer to Windows 10 earlier this year and have had no problems with copying and pasting jpg files. Today I switched it to Office 2019 and can now no longer copy or paste jpg files. When I try to copy, I get a message: "Item not Collected: Format not...
  6. Picture jpg views as icons

Picture jpg views as icons: When I moved my picture files to a new computer, the views were all changed and mixed, and I can't change them all to actual picture icons as I had before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-jpg-views-as-icons/9af10df9-aee3-4a29-9b4e-95c19d6b64d1"
  7. Unable to view old style jpg compression 6 photos on windows 10

Unable to view old style jpg compression 6 photos on windows 10: I have backed up photos taken with Sony DSC camera on a DVD using Roxio on windows XP desktop. I am now trying to open the photos using photo viewer on windows 10 laptop and notice files can not be open. Error file format is not supported, either files are damaged,...
  8. cannot view JPG files Win-10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot view JPG files Win-10: In RE: jpg files, not all of them on the HDD.. Most of the older ones that were PHOTOs or scanned files during the win-7 system before upgrade. Get error message trying to view picture files or scanned files. "It looks like you do not have permission to view this file"...
  9. Viewing jpg pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing jpg pictures: New W10. In W7 I would simply click on a picture to enlarge it. Some of mine are cartoon drawings with the punch line or caption running along the bottom. Just one left click was needed to view the whole thing. Can such a simple procedure be found in W10? When I click on...
  10. Unable to view JPG's in specfic folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to view JPG's in specfic folders: Running clean install Windows 10 pro, I did add a reg fix to enable photo viewer, which worked fine. I have a many picture folders, which I was able to view all fine. Suddenly only on a few folders (approx 3 from 40) I started getting "windows photo viewer can't open this...