Windows 10: .jpg vs .jfif extension

Discus and support .jpg vs .jfif extension in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the last few months, every windows update changes the registry setting for saving jpeg images from .jpg to .jfif. Why is this continually changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by maxwelwp, Mar 12, 2020.

1. maxwelwp Win User

.jpg vs .jfif extension

In the last few months, every windows update changes the registry setting for saving jpeg images from .jpg to .jfif. Why is this continually changing even after I change the registry setting back to .jpg?

As a side note, the image I am saving is NOT a .jfif file and I do not have the option to save as a .jpg from the file save window. Only after changing the registry setting back to .jpg am I able to save with a .jpg extension.

:)

maxwelwp, Mar 12, 2020

2. Photos downloading in jfif format

Photos that I'm downloading from the internet are in jfif format. A program that I am using does not recognize the extension. There are too many photos to waste time converting each and everyone of them. How do I turn this feature off?

Dermusensohn, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Mar 12, 2020
  4. .jpg vs .jfif extension

Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

.jpg vs .jfif extension

1. .jpg vs .jfif extension - Similar Threads - jpg jfif extension

2. Why do my jpg now have a .dcm extension?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my jpg now have a .dcm extension?: Why do my photos that are in the cloud have a .dcm extension? I am unable to open them without downloading a third party software. I have tried to remove the .dcm extension only to lose the photo completely. I have tried opening them online and nothing happens....
  3. images are jfifs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    images are jfifs: helloall my images are jfifs and all images i download are saved as jfifsive read that the solution has something to do with messing registry keys, which apparently is a sensitive thing to do and might mess up my computer, and so that's something im reeeally not looking...
  4. images are jfifs

images are jfifs: helloall my images are jfifs and all images i download are saved as jfifsive read that the solution has something to do with messing registry keys, which apparently is a sensitive thing to do and might mess up my computer, and so that's something im reeeally not looking...
  5. images are jfifs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. All Browsers Suddenly Save All Images from All Sources as .jfif instead of .jpeg or .jpg

All Browsers Suddenly Save All Images from All Sources as .jfif instead of .jpeg or .jpg: Suddenly, on my computer but not my wife's, every one of my browsers Edge, Chrome and Brave is giving me the option to save pictures in only the jfif format. Jpeg or jpg is not being offered. I've seen various threads about this and how the behavior can be reverted to...
  7. Jfif filetype

Jfif filetype: I've dealt with this several times over the years where windows randomly decides to save all images that would have been jpeg as jfif which is a huge problem when files are saved to different folders and I can't track when the change starts. What are the tells that will cause...
  8. .jfif, .oga, .ogv extensions on Windows 10

.jfif, .oga, .ogv extensions on Windows 10: I've just hit the same as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-vs-jfif-extension/f66875d7-4780-4d55-b8da-9387de4139d4, and checked HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\MIME\Database\Content Type against the same path under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE....
  9. how to change .jpeg extension to .jpg

how to change .jpeg extension to .jpg: how to change .jpeg to .jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-jpeg-extension-to-jpg/f09c66eb-489b-4c86-b218-fb3f66e6a86c
  10. Why do images off google save in a .jfif format? How to i change it back to .JPG?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do images off google save in a .jfif format? How to i change it back to .JPG?: I really dont know what i did but one day i went to save an image off google and it google only saves in .jfif now. Same thing happens on edge. submitted by /u/70147 [link] [comments]...