Windows 10: Jpgs do not always open.

Discus and support Jpgs do not always open. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; "Always show icons" is unchecked but still not all jpgs open as a picture but the blue symbol. If I double click on them, the picture opens up. Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EverettIII, May 12, 2019.

1. Jpgs do not always open.

"Always show icons" is unchecked but still not all jpgs open as a picture but the blue symbol. If I double click on them, the picture opens up. Some pictures open up when I open the folder but many do not.J

:)

EverettIII, May 12, 2019

2. View jpg files

We appreciate your response, Roy. Since there was no changes has been made on the computer, we suggest that you repair the
    Photo viewer and see if it'll fix the issue. Here are the steps on how:

• Click on Start menu, then type in Apps and features.
    • Look for Photo on the list, then select Repair.
    • Close the windows, then try to open a .jpg file again in Photo viewer.

We'll be glad to hear your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 12, 2019
  3. Problems with New HP laptop with Windows 10 opening any of my JPG'S

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in settings related to opening picture files.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to open the .jpg files other flash drive pictures?

I suggest you to follow below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open F drive(flash drive).

2. Then open the picture folder containing the pictures.

3. Right click on the jpg picture file, click on Open with.

4. Then click on Photos app from the list and click on
    Always use this app to open .jpg files

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 12, 2019
  4. Jpgs do not always open.

unable to open jpg in windows 10 "we can't open this file"

Hello,

There are several ways to open an image file in Windows 10. If a photo cannot be viewed using the
    Photo App, we suggest opening it using a different app. The steps below will help you
    set Photo Viewer as your default image viewer:

• Press Windows Key + S and enter default programs. Select
      Default Programs
      from the list.
    • Select Set your default programs.
    • Select Windows Photo Viewer and click the Set this program as default.
    • Click OK to save changes.

After setting Photo Viewer as your default image viewer, open those
    .JPG files and see if the issue still occurs.

Should you have further questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Jpgs do not always open.

1. Jpgs do not always open. - Similar Threads - Jpgs always open

2. Always open with

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always open with: I accidentally opened a .pck file with windows media player and cannot revert it to its original form. I need it back to its original form. I have tried reset to default settings in default apps. I do not want a different app. I want the original back....
  3. Always open with

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Always open with: I accidentally opened a .pck file with windows media player and cannot revert it to its original form. I need it back to its original form. I have tried reset to default settings in default apps. I do not want a different app. I want the original back....
  4. Printing jpgs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing jpgs: I cannot get two 4x6 pics to a page to print from my Canon MX922 anymore. I have done this in the past. I can select multiple files and select to print two 4x6 pics per page and now it prints the left and right sides of the pics but leaves a white blank space throughout the...
  5. always open with

always open with: how can i enable always open with https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-open-with/d1f02542-d3f0-4ae6-960e-097af6ea3fac
  6. always open with

always open with: hi I'm trying to make a game and i want to always open txt files in visual studio code but I don't know how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-open-with/151a13f9-1a16-408e-8a13-807b6cf958ed
  7. Can not open JPGs out of a sudden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not open JPGs out of a sudden: when I try to open JPGs the following error message appears : File system error -2147219196 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-jpgs-out-of-a-sudden/c539bfce-0583-40d6-b8d6-36fe76e8b7c8
  8. How to screenshot as jpgs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to screenshot as jpgs?: When I screenshot(windows + prt sc), the screenshots are png. Is there any way to change it so they are taken as jpg? submitted by /u/NoLastNameForNow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enbqc7/how_to_screenshot_as_jpgs/
  9. JPGs

JPGs: How do I change the opption to open JPGs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpgs/8d6e7c2e-8b99-41e5-8165-d5b4f221c3ef"
  10. Data area too small. JPGs won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Data area too small. JPGs won't open: This message pops up when I'm trying to open JPG's. Why is it being generated and what can I do to correct it? [img] 121141