Windows 10: jpgs not opening in Photos Windows 11

Discus and support jpgs not opening in Photos Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a completely new machine, out of the box. Lenovo Yoga 7i. JPG photos not opening double click or right-click, 'Open with Photos'.Tried repair,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tony and CarolynUzelac, Jun 15, 2024.

1. jpgs not opening in Photos Windows 11

I have a completely new machine, out of the box. Lenovo Yoga 7i. JPG photos not opening double click or right-click, 'Open with Photos'.Tried repair, reset. Twice.Tried uninstall and reinstall. Twice.Running Windows 11.There is no error message, the file just doesn't open.Tried several different files.Thank you.

:)

Tony and CarolynUzelac, Jun 15, 2024

2. View jpg files

We appreciate your response, Roy. Since there was no changes has been made on the computer, we suggest that you repair the
    Photo viewer and see if it'll fix the issue. Here are the steps on how:

• Click on Start menu, then type in Apps and features.
    • Look for Photo on the list, then select Repair.
    • Close the windows, then try to open a .jpg file again in Photo viewer.

We'll be glad to hear your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jun 15, 2024
  3. unable to open jpg in windows 10 "we can't open this file"

Hello,

There are several ways to open an image file in Windows 10. If a photo cannot be viewed using the
    Photo App, we suggest opening it using a different app. The steps below will help you
    set Photo Viewer as your default image viewer:

• Press Windows Key + S and enter default programs. Select
      Default Programs
      from the list.
    • Select Set your default programs.
    • Select Windows Photo Viewer and click the Set this program as default.
    • Click OK to save changes.

After setting Photo Viewer as your default image viewer, open those
    .JPG files and see if the issue still occurs.

Should you have further questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 15, 2024
  4. jpgs not opening in Photos Windows 11

Cannot open jpg in photo.

Hello,

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Which language are you using in Windows 10?
    • Are you unable to open the photos?
    • What exact issue are you facing in Windows?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 15, 2024
Thema:

jpgs not opening in Photos Windows 11

1. jpgs not opening in Photos Windows 11 - Similar Threads - jpgs opening Photos

2. jpgs not opening in Photos Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    jpgs not opening in Photos Windows 11: I have a completely new machine, out of the box. Lenovo Yoga 7i. JPG photos not opening double click or right-click, 'Open with Photos'.Tried repair, reset. Twice.Tried uninstall and reinstall. Twice.Running Windows 11.There is no error message, the file just doesn't...
  3. Jpgs won't open in emails and Photo Viewer is working intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Jpgs won't open in emails and Photo Viewer is working intermittently: Hi! I see many questions on jpgs not opening, but I still can't get it to work 100% for me. I have a pretty new Dell desktop with Windows 10. 2 posts said to look for this which I did. I checked and under default Apps, the Photo Viewer/Photos icon is listed it came with...
  4. Can not open JPGs out of a sudden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not open JPGs out of a sudden: when I try to open JPGs the following error message appears : File system error -2147219196 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-jpgs-out-of-a-sudden/c539bfce-0583-40d6-b8d6-36fe76e8b7c8
  5. JPGs

JPGs: How do I change the opption to open JPGs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpgs/8d6e7c2e-8b99-41e5-8165-d5b4f221c3ef"
  6. My Photos Will Not Save As JPGs or PNGs

My Photos Will Not Save As JPGs or PNGs: [ATTACH] Here is a screenshot of my gallery. Every time I go to save a photograph online by right-clicking and then selecting "save image as..." it saves the images like so, even though it claims it is going to save them as a JPG. I have been having problems with my...
  7. Converting Microsoft bootup photos to JPGs?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Converting Microsoft bootup photos to JPGs?: When I start my computer, it starts with one of a series of photos before I enter my password and it goes to the desktop. Where are these photos stored, what format are they in, and can they be converted to JPGs or some other common format?...
  8. Jpgs do not always open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jpgs do not always open.: "Always show icons" is unchecked but still not all jpgs open as a picture but the blue symbol. If I double click on them, the picture opens up. Some pictures open up when I open the folder but many do not.J...
  9. Can't open some JPGs with Windows Photos app "We can't open this file"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open some JPGs with Windows Photos app "We can't open this file": One have one client who can't open JPGs with Windows Photos, in certain circumstances. Her Windows/program/files are OK because I can transfer the same JPGs to my PC and they open I can open the same JPGs if I navigate/open from within the Photos app I can open the same...
  10. Photos crashes when printing jpgs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos crashes when printing jpgs: Whenever I open a JPG with Microsoft Photos and try to print it on a local printer, the print dialogue menu opens and even though the printer selection has a local printer, a message appears indicating that its looking for "Microsoft Print to PDF" and within a few seconds the...