Windows 10: Jpgs won't open in emails and Photo Viewer is working intermittently

Discus and support Jpgs won't open in emails and Photo Viewer is working intermittently in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I see many questions on jpgs not opening, but I still can't get it to work 100% for me. I have a pretty new Dell desktop with Windows 10. 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ezshopr, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Ezshopr Win User

Jpgs won't open in emails and Photo Viewer is working intermittently

Hi!

I see many questions on jpgs not opening, but I still can't get it to work 100% for me.

I have a pretty new Dell desktop with Windows 10. 2 posts said to look for this which I did. I checked and under default Apps, the Photo Viewer/Photos icon is listed it came with my computer. I also went to my Control Panel - these 2 were already checked Display File icon on thumbnails and Show preview handlers in preview panel and these were already unchecked Always show icons, never thumbnails plus the Always show menu.

Here are my jpg issues.

If I get an email with a jpg, I can't open it to view the image. What opens is what appears to be the Photo App has the same icon and there is just a blank screen.

I have tried downloading the jpg and double clicking to open it ------ blank screen appears in the photo app.

Tried downloading the jpg, clicking the 3 dots on the right side of the download box and selecting open as an options - again, blank screen in the app.

IF I can copy the image from the email, then paste it on my desktop - I can see a thumbnail version of the image. If I then double click on it, the screen sometimes it is blank when the app opens. If I right click on the jpg and then select the option to open, sometimes it works and sometime the screen is blank.

I have run a full virus scan and all is okay.

Questions:

1 Why is the app sometimes working and sometimes not?

2 How do I open a jpg in an email? It is hard to copy them to my desktop I really don't know how I did it to test it and sometimes I just need to look at it and then reply to the email.

3 I have jpgs in a folder that I moved from the old computer that used Windows 7. I open the folder and can see the thumbnail images. I can't open the image to a larger size - the Photo app is blank. no matter what I try. The only option is to move the image to my desktop. Why do I have to copy the image to the desktop to see it full size?

4 I have several png image files on my desktop. Sometimes I double click and the images opens in the app, sometimes the app is blank. Sometimes I right click and select Open and it works and sometimes not. Why is it not working consistently?

Thank you!

:)

Ezshopr, Aug 8, 2020
  2. bala6233 Win User

Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

Hai,

Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type.

Jpgs won't open in emails and Photo Viewer is working intermittently [​IMG]

Regards.
    bala.

bala6233, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Yawood Win User
    how to open JPGS in windows photo viewer.

old title: Windows Photo Viewer

I have my camera set to take a Raw and a JPG for each photo. When viewing the directory of photos using Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 7, this would allow me to quickly view each JPG to see what was worth opening as a raw to do further editing. This worked
    because Windows Photo Viewer used to only open JPGs (it would skip the Raws because it did not recognise them). This made it easy to look through a directory full of Raws and JPGs (I could just click on the next arrow and it would give me the next JPG). Windows
    Photo Viewer when used with Windows 10 now opens Raws as well so the next arrow opens the Raw then the JPG then the next Raw and so on. This is slow and unnecessarily shows me each photo twice.

Is there any setting I can use the make it show only JPGs, as it used to under Windows 7?

Yawood, Aug 8, 2020
  4. bala6233 Win User

Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

bala6233, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Jpgs won't open in emails and Photo Viewer is working intermittently - Similar Threads - Jpgs won't open

2. Some Pics won't open on windows 7 with Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Pics won't open on windows 7 with Photo Viewer: Some Pics won't open on windows 7 with Photo Viewer, files are good and open with other viewers even with Paint. Also thumbnails are showing properly in explorer window...
  3. Some Pics won't open on windows 7 with Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Pics won't open on windows 7 with Photo Viewer: Some Pics won't open on windows 7 with Photo Viewer, files are good and open with other viewers even with Paint. Also thumbnails are showing properly in explorer window...
  4. Windows 10 photo viewer won't open .png files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 photo viewer won't open .png files: Whenever I try to open a .png file I get an error with the file path and the following message: "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor" I can open the .png file in paint but not in the photo viewer....
  5. Windows photo viewer "open map" does not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows photo viewer "open map" does not work: Open a photo with win 10 photo viewer that has location information in the image and it displays a small map of the image's location. Under this small map, it has a button "Open Map" that has not worked for many months now. Click on it and nothing happens. I have posted this...
  6. Jpgs do not always open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jpgs do not always open.: "Always show icons" is unchecked but still not all jpgs open as a picture but the blue symbol. If I double click on them, the picture opens up. Some pictures open up when I open the folder but many do not.J...
  7. Data area too small. JPGs won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Data area too small. JPGs won't open: This message pops up when I'm trying to open JPG's. Why is it being generated and what can I do to correct it? [img] 121141
  8. JPGs won't open and default won't give me all options

JPGs won't open and default won't give me all options: I am trying to open pictures from a sim card. They are in a JPG format. The default for pictures is a Window program, but instead of opening, it says that file format is not supported. I have adobe reader downloaded and wanted to try changing the default to that to see if...
  9. Photo Viewer not working

Photo Viewer not working: My default microsoft photo viewer app has not been working! It crashes as soon as soon as it is opened and the message displayed is "File system error (-2147219196) I've tried all the commands on powershell, I have repaired and reset the app, and even uninstalled and...
  10. Photo Viewer is intermittent, and I have to restart often

Photo Viewer is intermittent, and I have to restart often: I was successfully able to open Windows Photo Viewer after installing the patch that allows me to use that instead of Photo. However, sometimes when my computer comes out of sleep it won't let me do it and I have to reboot it. My computer disconnects from the internet when it...