Windows 10: JPGs

Discus and support JPGs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I change the opption to open JPGs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpgs/8d6e7c2e-8b99-41e5-8165-d5b4f221c3ef" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkDownhour, Nov 16, 2019.

1. JPGs

How do I change the opption to open JPGs?

:)

MarkDownhour, Nov 16, 2019

2. View jpg files

We appreciate your response, Roy. Since there was no changes has been made on the computer, we suggest that you repair the
    Photo viewer and see if it'll fix the issue. Here are the steps on how:

• Click on Start menu, then type in Apps and features.
    • Look for Photo on the list, then select Repair.
    • Close the windows, then try to open a .jpg file again in Photo viewer.

We'll be glad to hear your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    preview pane not showing jpg

Hi,

Conflicts with the default program settings is one of the possible reasons why the preview pane for the .jpg files is not showing. To change the default app to open .jpg files, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type choose a default app for each type of file and press
      Enter
    • Locate .jpg and change the default program to Photos.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Mary Sau Win User

JPGs

JPG Photos "Class not registered"

Hi,

To help you resolve the issue, make sure you have set the default program to open .jpg files on the computer. You can follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Start menu and choose Control Panel.
    • In Control Panel, select Programs -> Default Programs ->
      Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Look for .jpg in the list, double click and choose what application you want to use as a default program when opening the file.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Mary Sau, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

JPGs

1. JPGs - Similar Threads - JPGs

2. How to return json files back into jpg. Windows changed most of my jpgs to json and the pic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to return json files back into jpg. Windows changed most of my jpgs to json and the pic...: Windows 10 using office 365 turned most of my jpg files to json on my external HD and I can't open it now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-return-json-files-back-into-jpg-windows/8c77e62a-6fab-404a-97b6-9fdea9f81439
  3. How to return json files back into jpg. Windows changed most of my jpgs to json and the pic...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to return json files back into jpg. Windows changed most of my jpgs to json and the pic...: Windows 10 using office 365 turned most of my jpg files to json on my external HD and I can't open it now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-return-json-files-back-into-jpg-windows/8c77e62a-6fab-404a-97b6-9fdea9f81439
  4. Not able to view Sony camera JPGs DSC in Microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to view Sony camera JPGs DSC in Microsoft photos: Hello,In Microsoft Photos on my Windows 10 HP laptop Local Disk C:, when I click on a JPG DSC taken with one of my Sony cameras, the viewer just shows a black screen. I see the images fine as collective thumbnails, but when I click on an individual photo to open it...
  5. Not able to view Sony camera JPGs DSC in Microsoft photos

Not able to view Sony camera JPGs DSC in Microsoft photos: Hello,In Microsoft Photos on my Windows 10 HP laptop Local Disk C:, when I click on a JPG DSC taken with one of my Sony cameras, the viewer just shows a black screen. I see the images fine as collective thumbnails, but when I click on an individual photo to open it...
  6. I lost a folder including sub- folders and jpgs. Can't find anywhere, backups and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost a folder including sub- folders and jpgs. Can't find anywhere, backups and...: I LOST a big folder including sub- folders and jpgs. Can't find anywhere, backups and anywhere else. All gone from Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-a-folder-including-sub-folders-and-jpgs/3c126863-c760-4e6e-8182-cdc16a032c9c
  7. I lost a folder including sub- folders and jpgs. Can't find anywhere, backups and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost a folder including sub- folders and jpgs. Can't find anywhere, backups and...: I LOST a big folder including sub- folders and jpgs. Can't find anywhere, backups and anywhere else. All gone from Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-a-folder-including-sub-folders-and-jpgs/3c126863-c760-4e6e-8182-cdc16a032c9c
  8. I lost a folder including sub- folders and jpgs. Can't find anywhere, backups and...

9. Windows 11 Not Displaying Thumbnails for PNG images only - JPGs and others display OK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Not Displaying Thumbnails for PNG images only - JPGs and others display OK: Since I upgraded to Windows 11 on my Dell Precision laptop, File Explorer does not display image thumbnails for portable network graphic .png images only. Thumbnails for all other image types .jpg, .tif, .svg, et al display fine. I've searched for a resolution but the primary...
  10. Windows 11 Not Displaying Thumbnails for PNG images only - JPGs and others display OK

Windows 11 Not Displaying Thumbnails for PNG images only - JPGs and others display OK: Since I upgraded to Windows 11 on my Dell Precision laptop, File Explorer does not display image thumbnails for portable network graphic .png images only. Thumbnails for all other image types .jpg, .tif, .svg, et al display fine. I've searched for a resolution but the primary...