Windows 10: Jscript.dll

Discus and support Jscript.dll in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have to believe that the jscript.dll is corrupt. I ran sfc /scannow, and the log shows very much at the end that it is unable to repair the file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NVFOX, Jan 27, 2020.

1. NVFOX Win User

Jscript.dll

I have to believe that the jscript.dll is corrupt. I ran sfc /scannow, and the log shows very much at the end that it is unable to repair the file.

I noticed the issue for two reasons:

1 Installing an update to NordVPN stopped the update without any display of an error. However, downloading the whole file and trying to install it ended in a short Windows error box saying an error occurred with jscript for customization. Then, uninstalling NordVPN and then reinstalling established the program again.

2 At startup MS Spotlight does no longer change the picture. Investigating this showed me that the folder C:\Users\myname\Appdata\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager....\LocalState\Assets\ is empty.

I am not sure whether 2 has something to do with jscript.dll, but it could. In the result log of sfc the following line appears three times:

Cannot repair member file [l:11]'jscript.dll' of Microsoft-Windows-Scripting-JScript, version 11.0.18362.592,

I waive on the complete line, but the remainder shows the probable folder like AMD64 and nonSxS.

The version of script.dll is 10.0.18362.592

Question is cann the files be replaced with a good one. I would like to avoid a reset, which kills all my apps and settings except my personal files. A reset as well as a clean install is an absolute pain in the neck.

As usual the Windows topics does not correctly cover this issue

:)

NVFOX, Jan 27, 2020

2. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Jan 27, 2020
  3. b1rd Win User
    DLL Missing

I actually posted the link for the "list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your boost_threads.dll problems" which is located half way down the page. I did not mean to promote any downloads.

Why don't I just go back and indicate that on my original post? That way there's access to the 'step-by-step' instructions, which are accessed via those green 'plus' signs next to the topics.

If the link still needs to be removed, then let me know

Jscript.dll [​IMG]

4. Kem Mon Win User

Jscript.dll

Registering a dll

Hi Donald,

There are a lot of factors for this matter. to isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What application does the .dll belongs to?

• Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software?

• Aside from downloading and installing the .dll file, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Jscript.dll

1. Jscript.dll - Similar Threads - Jscript dll

2. microsoft jscript compilation error windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft jscript compilation error windows 11: -------------------- Windows Script Host -------------------- Script: C:\Users\name\Desktop\stuff\otherstuff\theotherstuff\Kick.js Line: 1 Char: 1 Error: Syntax error Code: 800A03EA Source: Microsoft JScript compilation error...
  3. microsoft jscript compilation error windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft jscript compilation error windows 11: -------------------- Windows Script Host -------------------- Script: C:\Users\name\Desktop\stuff\otherstuff\theotherstuff\Kick.js Line: 1 Char: 1 Error: Syntax error Code: 800A03EA Source: Microsoft JScript compilation error...
  4. microsoft jscript error 800A03EA

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft jscript error 800A03EA: i'm running a game engine, i want to change the scripts but it says like this. i've tried some methods such registering command in cmd, install reinstall, and update to lastest javascript but in the end all of them didn't work....
  5. when i am running vue js commands i am getting microsoft JScript compilation error

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i am running vue js commands i am getting microsoft JScript compilation error: [ATTACH] can anyone please resolve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-running-vue-js-commands-i-am-getting/25dab4a3-cfb5-4027-99bd-5533db5cfee3
  6. Windows script host Error. But its not VB Script its JScript?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows script host Error. But its not VB Script its JScript?: I keep getting permission denied on startup from windows script host. But its injex.js. i don't get it. Any advice?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-script-host-error-but-its-not-vb-script/8f020d71-7899-4379-8ffa-1a726d0de6a2
  7. Microsoft Jscript Compilation Error Expected '@end'

Microsoft Jscript Compilation Error Expected '@end': Whenever I try to download any file from one particular website, a Windows Script Host error comes up. [ATTACH] I am using Windows 10. This error does not pop up when downloading other files. Someone I know has downloaded files from this website without any problems, so I...
  8. Microsoft JScript Compilation Error

Microsoft JScript Compilation Error: There's a Javascript file I'm trying to run, but every time I do, it gives me the same error message: Line: 1 Char: 1 Error: Syntax error Code: 800A03EA Source: Microsoft JScript compilation error I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program multiple times, it didn't...
  9. Disabling legacy scripting engine JScript in Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 News
    Disabling legacy scripting engine JScript in Internet Explorer 11: To help you provide a more secure browsing experience across your organization, the October 2020 monthly security updates for Windows and Windows Server introduce an option to block Jscript (Jscript.dll) execution in Internet Explorer 11. Jscript is a legacy Microsoft...
  10. Compilation error Microsoft JScript

Compilation error Microsoft JScript: After reinstalling Windows 10, an error started to pop up. [ATTACH] The program through which the file was created is called VSC Visual Studio Code. The compiler is currently calledNode.Js....