Windows 10: Jscript.dll

Discus and support Jscript.dll in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have to believe that the jscript.dll is corrupt. I ran sfc /scannow, and the log shows very much at the end that it is unable to repair the file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NVFOX, Jan 27, 2020.

1. NVFOX Win User

Jscript.dll

I have to believe that the jscript.dll is corrupt. I ran sfc /scannow, and the log shows very much at the end that it is unable to repair the file.

I noticed the issue for two reasons:

1 Installing an update to NordVPN stopped the update without any display of an error. However, downloading the whole file and trying to install it ended in a short Windows error box saying an error occurred with jscript for customization. Then, uninstalling NordVPN and then reinstalling established the program again.

2 At startup MS Spotlight does no longer change the picture. Investigating this showed me that the folder C:\Users\myname\Appdata\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager....\LocalState\Assets\ is empty.

I am not sure whether 2 has something to do with jscript.dll, but it could. In the result log of sfc the following line appears three times:

Cannot repair member file [l:11]'jscript.dll' of Microsoft-Windows-Scripting-JScript, version 11.0.18362.592,

I waive on the complete line, but the remainder shows the probable folder like AMD64 and nonSxS.

The version of script.dll is 10.0.18362.592

Question is cann the files be replaced with a good one. I would like to avoid a reset, which kills all my apps and settings except my personal files. A reset as well as a clean install is an absolute pain in the neck.

As usual the Windows topics does not correctly cover this issue

:)

NVFOX, Jan 27, 2020

2. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Jan 27, 2020
  3. b1rd Win User
    DLL Missing

I actually posted the link for the "list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your boost_threads.dll problems" which is located half way down the page. I did not mean to promote any downloads.

Why don't I just go back and indicate that on my original post? That way there's access to the 'step-by-step' instructions, which are accessed via those green 'plus' signs next to the topics.

If the link still needs to be removed, then let me know

Jscript.dll [​IMG]

4. Kem Mon Win User

Jscript.dll

Registering a dll

Hi Donald,

There are a lot of factors for this matter. to isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What application does the .dll belongs to?

• Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software?

• Aside from downloading and installing the .dll file, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Jscript.dll

1. Jscript.dll - Similar Threads - Jscript dll

2. MBCfg64.dll error on startup.

in Windows 10 Support
    MBCfg64.dll error on startup.: Ok... So I've been getting this "There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\MBCfg64.dll The specified module could not be found." When I boot my PC I've tried updating drivers and tried to look through startup for a likely culprit to this error, and search the...
  3. C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Seznam.cz\bin\2144libfoxl oader-x64.dll ERROR NEED HELP PLEASE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Seznam.cz\bin\2144libfoxl oader-x64.dll ERROR NEED HELP PLEASE: Im having this problem after updating the windows to the newest version. It pops up randomly and when im in the game for example it pops up in the game and it alt-tabs me from the game its annoying.. does anyone know how to fix it? the full saying of error:...
  4. api-ms-onecoreuap-settingsync-status-l1-1-0.dll not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    api-ms-onecoreuap-settingsync-status-l1-1-0.dll not found: Just made the mistake of allowing Microsoft to do another update, now I get this damn message every time the computer starts, what's the fix????????...
  5. MSVCP140.dll suddenly appearing

MSVCP140.dll suddenly appearing: I tried to download Adobe Creative Cloud and it looked like it downloaded completely then I got this error about MSVCP140.dll. I tried to redownload and had the same problem. I now get the same error every time I turn on my computer except its for Dell Mobile Connect W...
  6. Windows file D3DCompiler_43.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file D3DCompiler_43.dll: My newly installed game will not load. Error says D3DCOMPILER_43.dll not found! How can I obtain this .dll? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-file-d3dcompiler43dll/47e1da40-a000-49d8-a13a-555aae1f20be
  7. Windows 10 JScript Text File Open/Close -- File not really closed!

Windows 10 JScript Text File Open/Close -- File not really closed!: This is a flaw in Win-10. Explanation follows. I write a lot of programs in JScript. (This has nothing to do with web development, I'm using JScript as a scripting language.) I have a certain function I use a lot, called "log( )". You give it a string, and it copies the...
  8. JScript runtime error

in Windows 10 Customization
    JScript runtime error: When I start computer I get a Windows Script Host box, copy below. I close it and go on with what ever I want to do. So far everything works fine. How do I fix the error?...
  9. windows script host code 800a03ea jscript compilation error

windows script host code 800a03ea jscript compilation error: [ATTACH] Getting this error when I open js files and run my code (only occurs 50% of the time when running the same code with no changes). This does not occur on MacOS or my Windows 7 machine, just my windows 10 machine....
  10. Can't find script engine "Jscript" > GXKLoiWHiOpw.js

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find script engine "Jscript" > GXKLoiWHiOpw.js: This message recently started to pop up. Can't find script engine "Jscript" for script C:\users\xxx\appdata\local\temp\GXKLoiWHiOpw.js I've tried several suggestions for not being able to find script engine "Jscript" such as b. Type cd %windir%\system 32 (Note: there is a...