Windows 10: JSON Diagnostic & Telemetry Files.

Discus and support JSON Diagnostic & Telemetry Files. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is more for information and interest than a concern. I had these files in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\DownloadedSettings Folder . . . I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paul Black, May 16, 2021.

1. JSON Diagnostic & Telemetry Files.

This is more for information and interest than a concern. I had these files in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\DownloadedSettings Folder . . . I then Deleted them ALL and Restarted the computer, and this is what I had afterwards . . . This is what is said about JSON files . . . JSON is an open standard file format and data interchange format that uses human-readable text to store and transmit data objects consisting of attributevalue pairs and arrays. It is a very common data format, with a diverse range of applications, one example being web applications that communicate with a server. I thought that I had pretty much got rid of ALL the Telemetry! Then I thought that it might have something to do with this? . . . > OPTION Three - To Change Diagnostic Data Collection Settings using a REG file Anyway, I decided to Stop & Disable the following Service [ Disables Feedback, Telemetry and Data Collection ] . . . I then Restarted the computer and looked at the Folder again . . . It did NOT get Re-Populated with the files.

:)

Paul Black, May 16, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

JSON FILES

Hi Acemere

The steps above create a dummy exe file, which you point windows to open json files with, then you delete the dummy exe and restart, When you restart the dummy exe will not exist, so Windows will not know how to open json files and that file association will
    revert to unknown and the icon should be the default white icon . ..

DaveM121, May 16, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    I accidentally changed json files to notepads.

Right Click a json file, select 'Open With' - 'Choose Another App', in the resulting list select the app you want to use to open this type of file.

If the App does not appear in the list, click 'More Apps', again check the list for the app you want to open this kind of file. Finally, if the app is not in the list scroll to the bottom and click 'Look for another App on this PC', then find the app by
    navigating using the Open File Dialog

NOTE: when you find the application you want to open json files with, check the bos marked 'Always use this App to Open json Files' and clock OK.

From then on you can double click a json file to open it in the correct application . . .

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, May 16, 2021
  4. JSON Diagnostic & Telemetry Files.

Disabling Windows Compatibility Telemetry - Windows 10

Hello,

Windows telemetry inform our decisions and focus our efforts in providing the most robust, most valuable platform for your business and the people who count on Windows to enable them to be as productive as possible. Telemetry gives users a voice in
    the operating system’s development. For more information regarding Windows telemetry, you may check this
    article.

If you don't want to participate in providing automatic feedback to improve the operating system, we can disable Windows Telemetry by following these steps:

• Run the Services desktop application.
    • Locate Diagnostics Tracking Service in the services list, and open its
      Property Sheet.
    • Stop the Diagnostics Tracking Service, and then change the Startup Type to
      Disabled.
    • Click OK.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, May 16, 2021
Thema:

JSON Diagnostic & Telemetry Files.

1. JSON Diagnostic & Telemetry Files. - Similar Threads - JSON Diagnostic Telemetry

2. JSON FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JSON FILES: Please help!I accidentally clicked my .json files to always open with windows media player. I want to reset it to where I have the "open as" option again. Can anyone please help?...
  3. JSON FILES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JSON FILES: Please help!I accidentally clicked my .json files to always open with windows media player. I want to reset it to where I have the "open as" option again. Can anyone please help?...
  4. JSON FILES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. need help changing a .json file to working as a .json file

need help changing a .json file to working as a .json file: Please help me i accidently changed my .json files to open with notepad and now i dont know how to change it back to open as a .json file you know like how it is before you have it open with another app....
  6. need help changing a .json file to working as a .json file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help changing a .json file to working as a .json file: Please help me i accidently changed my .json files to open with notepad and now i dont know how to change it back to open as a .json file you know like how it is before you have it open with another app....
  7. need help changing a .json file to working as a .json file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Json files

Json files: Okay, so basically I messed up. I was gonna try seeing what was in a json file by opening it in word, I had forgotten that the specific file would always open with word and I also forgot to uncheck the option to "Always open with this program" So if someone could help me...
  9. JSON extension files

JSON extension files: How and what do I need to do to be able to open files (pictures or text documents) with a JSON extension https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/json-extension-files/a39eed27-9c1c-48f7-bdb0-a865db70de45"
  10. JSON FILES

JSON FILES: Hey, so I accidentally made my .json files to always open it with notepad. Now, I don't know how to restore it in its original state. Anyone can help? Also, I want the .json file to be a white blank icon again and with the command "open with..." to pop up....