Windows 10: Json file opens in notepad

Discus and support Json file opens in notepad in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so dont hate me too much cause I dont know anything about programming So here's my problem I got a game and I found out you could mod the game and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/king_SebastianVII, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Json file opens in notepad

Ok so dont hate me too much cause I dont know anything about programming So here's my problem I got a game and I found out you could mod the game and change the map for that you needed an json file of the map which you would overwrite one of your saved maps with and I accidentally clicked the open with notepad and now it isnt working so do any of you know how I can change it back to when it didn't run at all Oh and every json file I download now opens in notepad.

submitted by /u/king_SebastianVII
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/king_SebastianVII, Aug 13, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

I accidentally changed json files to notepads.

Right Click a json file, select 'Open With' - 'Choose Another App', in the resulting list select the app you want to use to open this type of file.

If the App does not appear in the list, click 'More Apps', again check the list for the app you want to open this kind of file. Finally, if the app is not in the list scroll to the bottom and click 'Look for another App on this PC', then find the app by
    navigating using the Open File Dialog

NOTE: when you find the application you want to open json files with, check the bos marked 'Always use this App to Open json Files' and clock OK.

From then on you can double click a json file to open it in the correct application . . .

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Acemere Win User
    JSON FILES

Hey, so I accidentally made my .json files to always open it with notepad. Now, I don't know how to restore it in its original state. Anyone can help?

Also, I want the .json file to be a white blank icon again and with the command "open with..." to pop up.

Acemere, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Json file opens in notepad

I accidentally changed json files to notepads.

Now every time i make a json file it becomes a notepad, please help, Thanks.

MajedAlqahtani1, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Json file opens in notepad

1. Json file opens in notepad - Similar Threads - Json file opens

2. JSON FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JSON FILES: Please help!I accidentally clicked my .json files to always open with windows media player. I want to reset it to where I have the "open as" option again. Can anyone please help?...
  3. JSON FILES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JSON FILES: Please help!I accidentally clicked my .json files to always open with windows media player. I want to reset it to where I have the "open as" option again. Can anyone please help?...
  4. JSON FILES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. need help changing a .json file to working as a .json file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help changing a .json file to working as a .json file: Please help me i accidently changed my .json files to open with notepad and now i dont know how to change it back to open as a .json file you know like how it is before you have it open with another app....
  6. How do I dis-associate notepad from .json files

How do I dis-associate notepad from .json files: I accidentally checked the box to say use notepad to open .json files. Is there anyway to undo this so that it'll ask me what I want to use to open it the next time I do so? I saw a few threads about this but I don't want to take chances and mess up, so if anyone knows,...
  7. Files opening with Notepad

Files opening with Notepad: i have a issue where all my .rpf files are opening with notepad. how would i get them back to normal? the icon was a white piece of paper before if its any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-opening-with-notepad/97a85f6f-c2f4-43a6-9c92-1e4e69ddaf28
  8. .JSON files unable to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    .JSON files unable to open: So .json files, as far as my knowledge goes, are used for scripts, and once I decided to get such a script, however when I started it, it didn't work. So I tried different ways to fix it I now know the script was just faulty and one of those ways was to look at the code, and...
  9. Json files

Json files: Okay, so basically I messed up. I was gonna try seeing what was in a json file by opening it in word, I had forgotten that the specific file would always open with word and I also forgot to uncheck the option to "Always open with this program" So if someone could help me...
  10. JSON FILES

JSON FILES: Hey, so I accidentally made my .json files to always open it with notepad. Now, I don't know how to restore it in its original state. Anyone can help? Also, I want the .json file to be a white blank icon again and with the command "open with..." to pop up....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i accidentally made a json file open with notepad