Windows 10: .JTX not display as xps document

Discus and support .JTX not display as xps document in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; in this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows .jtx used to be Type XPS Document and instead it says Type JTX file any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steven Campoli, Dec 20, 2018.

1. .JTX not display as xps document

in this folder

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows

.jtx used to be Type XPS Document and instead it says Type JTX file

any ideas?

:)

Steven Campoli, Dec 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 and XPS Document Writer issues

Hi Briston,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What files you are trying to save using XPS document writer?

• Is the issue specific with the files?
    I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve XPS document writer issues.

• Right click on empty area on Desktop, click on Create and select New text document.

• Open the created text document and type some text (input text as you desire, save and close text file)

• Again open the text document, click on File tab and click on Print.

• Select the Microsoft XPS writer and click on Print button.

• You may select the location to save the file.
    You may follow the below article to fix the issues with Printer.

Fix printer problems
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Printing to XPS no longer opens document prior to saving

Hi Nancy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you trying to set the default program for XPS documents?
    If yes, you may follow these steps and check if it helps:

a. Press
    Windows key + Q on the keyboard.

b. Type “Default programs” without quotes and press
    Enter.

c. Click on
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

d. Scroll down to find “.oxps” (OXPS file) and double click on it.

e. Select
    XPS viewer from the list and click on Close.

The above steps will set the XPS viewer as default for the XPS documents.

You may also use the Windows Reader to view XPS files. Let us know if you have any questions.

Arul_D, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

.JTX not display as xps document

Missing Microsoft XPS Document Writer

Hi,

For us to assist you more effectively, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried restarting your computer?
    • Do you have the latest Windows Update?
    • How do you reinstall the Microsoft XPS Document Writer?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem?

We'll be waiting for your reply so we could help you out.

Ramon Imp, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

.JTX not display as xps document

1. .JTX not display as xps document - Similar Threads - JTX display xps

2. I deleted XPS Document Writer!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted XPS Document Writer!: I ignorantly deleted XPS Document Writer printer. I've tried every process I could find online...I've tried adding a printer manually using an existing port and even creating a port...using Microsoft as manufacturer...there are no XPS Writer Options. Tried this:1. Press...
  3. I deleted XPS Document Writer!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted XPS Document Writer!: I ignorantly deleted XPS Document Writer printer. I've tried every process I could find online...I've tried adding a printer manually using an existing port and even creating a port...using Microsoft as manufacturer...there are no XPS Writer Options. Tried this:1. Press...
  4. Fix Microsoft XPS Document Writer not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft XPS Document Writer not working: [ATTACH]In this article, we will discuss what you should do if you find that the Microsoft XPS Document writer is not working on your Windows 11/10 device. Microsoft XPS Document Writer is a print-to-file driver that is used to create XPS (XML Paper Specification) files on a...
  5. Microsoft XPS Document Writer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft XPS Document Writer: Microsoft XPS Document Writer inadvertently deleted this printer. It is needed for Quickbooks to email. How and can I reinstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-xps-document-writer/4b45010a-a2c7-4b8f-aec0-6107c5642424
  6. Print to Microsoft XPS document

Print to Microsoft XPS document: I recently unchecked the box to the Microsoft XPS printer because it always popped up when I wanted to print something. Now since I unchecked this option I cannot get files from Quickbooks to be saved to a pdf file. How do I get back into the area to recheck this box. QB...
  7. missing XPS Document Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing XPS Document Driver: i upgraded from window 7 to window 10 and i lost XPS document writer which other software uses to email pdf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-xps-document-driver/44fac44a-9b24-47d9-b25f-a83bb1e0a09e
  8. Microsoft XPS Document Writer

Microsoft XPS Document Writer: I have Microsoft XPS Document Writer and can print to it but I cant read any of the files from my previous computer that were dprinted to it. I have several years of files save to this printe and cant ready any of them since replacing my previous computer....
  9. microsoft xps document writer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft xps document writer: how to get Microsoft xps document writer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-xps-document-writer/96f1d195-bb23-482c-94e1-6c70ca36f3fd
  10. Local Group Policy Editor Microsoft XPS Document Writer xps extension

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Group Policy Editor Microsoft XPS Document Writer xps extension: Anyone know why this particular group policy edit setting quit working after the W10 v1803 update? It is not a big deal I just have a lot of xps files and really do not want to start mixing oxps files with them. The 1803 update did not restore the original gpedit defaults and...