Windows 10: Jukebox album CDs for use in cars

Discus and support Jukebox album CDs for use in cars in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some time I have been using the rather old Roxio Creator Suite 10 in Win 10 to produce audio CDs containing up to 11 albums that play in a car CD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stony41, Feb 9, 2019.

1. stony41 Win User

Jukebox album CDs for use in cars

For some time I have been using the rather old Roxio Creator Suite 10 in Win 10 to produce audio CDs containing up to 11 albums that play in a car CD player. Jukebox CD is a term also used to refer to CDs that simply contain many audio files, but I prefer it to refer to organised CDs containing albums.

Unfortunately the latest Win 10 update has put an end to this process and I am not able to discern whether the latest Roxio software has this ability.

I should point out that the car in which I wish to play jukebox CDs doesn't have the ability to play music via USB.

Can anyone help me by advising whether later Roxio software, or indeed any other software, allows the burning of multiple albums onto a CD that plays in a car CD player? This ability isn't universal as my other car won't play these Roxio-created CDs.

:)

stony41, Feb 9, 2019
  2. miel Win User

need music help; i made audio CD for car, but car only plays 1st track

i downloaded an album of songs from youtube, changed it to mp3, then used windows media player to burn an audio CD.

my car player only sees the first track. on my laptop the player plays all the songs.

miel, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Some albums and most album art not appearing

(Using WMP11, I ripped lots of CDs to MP3 on my Win XP PC, and synched them to my Lumia 520's SD card.)

On my phone, many of the albums didn't appear in the Albums list, and only about one third show the album art. All of the individual songs appeared in the Songs list, however.

I edited the album details on the PC for the missing ones then resynched the phone and that added the albums and added album art for a few, but still the great majority of album art doesn't show up. Also, a few albums now appear as multiple entries with,
    say, a 12 track album appearing as 12 individual albums, none with artwork, but all of which contain only the same single track - the first track of the real album. If I look instead for that artist's songs, all of the tracks appear normally.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Martin 520, Feb 9, 2019
  4. pcraine Win User

WMP 12 does not detect recent audio CD title, track names, album art

I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.125 and WMP 12.0.16299.64.

I've noticed recently Windows Media Player 12 is unable to detect the title, track names, or album art of newer audio CDs. When I do "Find album info" it doesn't find them either. A couple of examples are "Reputation" by Taylor Swift and "Younger Now" by Miley Cyrus, both of which came out in 2017. You can search for either artist and it comes up with other CDs, but not these new ones. (It's searching at fai.music.metaservices.microsoft.com.)

Another CD I recently bought is "Music From The Films of Woody Allen," a CD I have not yet ripped, and it DOES correctly detect this, but I think this one came out in 2013; it's not a newer CD like the others.

I've seen a solution that suggests to check for a bad entry in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, but it looks like the default file, everything is commented out.

I'd previously used the Zune app, which I love, to listen to and rip CDs, but it's having the same problem.

It's a pain in the neck to manually enter CD information. Does anyone know if newer CDs are no longer getting into the database? Is there some fix for this? I'd also consider some other software to use to listen to and rip CDs if anyone has a suggestion. Thanks.

pcraine, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Jukebox album CDs for use in cars - Similar Threads - Jukebox album CDs

2. First Car?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First Car?: Porsche https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-car/defb22f2-4c39-4a44-b5ae-9ffb2edacf19
  3. First Car?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    First Car?: Porsche https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-car/defb22f2-4c39-4a44-b5ae-9ffb2edacf19
  4. cds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cds: Hi I was just wondering. how can I make a cd back to when I first insert it to choose if it is like a usb or like a cd/DVD thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds/3f3e5c97-7628-4f37-be87-79c80c34bd6b
  5. CDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CDs: I have a dell 65XXI forgetlaptop Gotwindows10 several weeks ago Do not look at or listen to CDs often… cannot now see or hear any CD Device manager shows a dvd someting drive that says it is working properly I do not know if that is the same as an optical disk drive...
  6. cds

cds: when I insert a cd video from a vacation I was on......how do I view it? i'm only able to hear it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds/801d30e1-facf-49ab-bf2b-512cb527aa27
  7. ripping CDs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ripping CDs: How do I rip CDs PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-cds/ebe073be-7d41-4204-91cb-8e3d936496e9
  8. will not interface with car.

will not interface with car.: I have a windows 10 tablet with windows 10 home. I got it cause my windows 8 laptop with on its last leg. So I got this thinking it would replace me laptop. Will it will not interface with my tactrix 2.0. it is a openport so I can datalog with my car. I know that the openport...
  9. burn cds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burn cds: how to burn cds when windows cannot find file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds/7a3a7367-2c9f-473a-8e8c-51a3a78d0da8"
  10. Flicker albums not displaying using edge

in Browsers and Email
    Flicker albums not displaying using edge: I have tried using Edge but flicker isn't displaying right. I get a black square covering most of the album. I can't find anything on what to do with this. [img] 68903