Windows 10: July update removing important files

Discus and support July update removing important files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Nikon camera and its Picture Project system of handling photos. I noticed that there were strange icons on my desktop and it appears that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NormanOD, Jul 17, 2020.

1. NormanOD Win User

July update removing important files

I have a Nikon camera and its Picture Project system of handling photos. I noticed that there were strange icons on my desktop and it appears that the recent update has completely removed all the Picture Project files. Is there any solution available to a non-techie?

:)

NormanOD, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update July 2017

Hello Meg,

it will tell you it was they last update on the computer. It should be the first recover option on the list, I only had one option to select.

Although my backup date was July 17, 2017.

Yours may be similar?

good luck Meg!

jeffreyalthouse, Jul 17, 2020
  4. July update removing important files

My Important files got disappeared!

Hi,

There are some ways on how to recover an important file on your PC if you accidentally remove or delete it. To sort out your concern, since you’ve done some troubleshooting steps to recover your missing files, we suggest that you restore your files by following
    the steps provided on this link. Once you’re on the page, you may proceed
    with the steps, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if you’re able to recover your files.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

July update removing important files

1. July update removing important files - Similar Threads - July update removing

2. July Quality Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    July Quality Update: Hello, I've just updated my computer with what I believe to be the July Quality update, but during this my computer shut off. I wasn't alarmed at first due to it restarting during an update. Now, I can only turn on my computer and I get a Gigabyte "Processing Automatic...
  3. July Quality Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    July Quality Update: Hello, I've just updated my computer with what I believe to be the July Quality update, but during this my computer shut off. I wasn't alarmed at first due to it restarting during an update. Now, I can only turn on my computer and I get a Gigabyte "Processing Automatic...
  4. July Quality Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. July 7th Update

July 7th Update: Mouse and Keypad on my desktop not working after July 7th update. All the answers are saying I need to use either the mouse or keypad to resolve - but they are not working!!!...
  6. July 14th update

July 14th update: Both My desktop and my laptop computers stopped working after the july 14th update. Same build on both Windows 10 machines . Both boot to the login screen. After i login i get an error that says a file is missing. Then a black screen. Can not do anything but force it to shut...
  7. M'crosoft July updates

M'crosoft July updates: Despite news of Microsoft updates, my computer with Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 Build 19041.329 hasn't received any updates even if I have so far checked for updates several times in the day. Does this mean my computer doesn't need any updates or is there something missing in my...
  8. Importance of Updates?

Importance of Updates?: Updates are obviously necessary to maintain a healthy computer. I know this, because Microsoft says so. If they're so important why would one wish to, or feel it necessary to, uninstall one of them? I don't have any idea what 99% of them are anyway. What advantage could...
  9. Reset or remove imported startlayout.xml

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset or remove imported startlayout.xml: Hello. W10 1709. How can I remove imported startlayour.xml in order to enable the user could pin and unpin apps. Starlayour has been imported in tasksequence, when imaging, is not being applied by gpo. Thanks in advance. Best Regards...
  10. July 2019 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    July 2019 update: Ever since I got the July 2019 update I can not change my lock screen. When I go there in settings it says " *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization," what gives. This has never happened before and I don't like it! I wish Microsoft would make sure...