Windows 10: Jump Drive

Discus and support Jump Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can not play a video that I had someone put on a jump drive my media player will not allow this to play.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tabatha Bell, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Jump Drive

I can not play a video that I had someone put on a jump drive my media player will not allow this to play.

:)

Tabatha Bell, Mar 25, 2022

2. USB jump drive won't work in windows 10 professional; says disk is write protected; jump drive was formatted exFAT prior

Hello Martha,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if similar issue persists on connecting other jump drives on the computer?
    • Did you make any other changes apart from formatting the jump drive to
      exFat
      format prior to the issue?

You might be facing the above issue due to the Read only option selected on the jump drive connected to the PC.

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting other USB drives on the PC. If the issue does not persist, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Connect the jump drive to the computer and open File explorer by pressing
      Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on This PC from the left side panel of the window and right click on the jump drive shown under
      Disks & Drives.
    • Select Properties from the context menu and uncheck
      Read only
      if marked.
    • Click on Yes when the option saying Apply changes to subfolders and files writing to this folder pops.
    • Click on Apply and OK on the same window.
    • Close the window, check if the changes are effective by unplugging and re-plugging the jump drive on the computer.

If the issue persists, is suggest you to contact the jump drive manufacturer’s support for further assistance.

Write to us with answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 25, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 25, 2022
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Jump Drive

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Mar 25, 2022
Thema:

Jump Drive

1. Jump Drive - Similar Threads - Jump Drive

2. Audiobook CD to jump drive problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audiobook CD to jump drive problem.: I'm copying an audio book that contains multiple CD's. I'm trying to put all them onto one Jump Drive which has sufficient "space".The MP3 tracks rip into a sequence number of sorts. Copying ALL the MP3 from the folder puts them on the jumpdrive alright, however when playing...
  3. Audiobook CD to jump drive problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audiobook CD to jump drive problem.: I'm copying an audio book that contains multiple CD's. I'm trying to put all them onto one Jump Drive which has sufficient "space".The MP3 tracks rip into a sequence number of sorts. Copying ALL the MP3 from the folder puts them on the jumpdrive alright, however when playing...
  4. Audiobook CD to jump drive problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive: Hi,I read somewhere few weeks back that Windows 11 has a feature, if turned on, removes the need to eject the external hard drive, i.e., the external drive can be removed safely without going through the ejection process. Note: I have not been able to locate that article.I...
  6. Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive: Hi,I read somewhere few weeks back that Windows 11 has a feature, if turned on, removes the need to eject the external hard drive, i.e., the external drive can be removed safely without going through the ejection process. Note: I have not been able to locate that article.I...
  7. Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Jump Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump Drive: I can not play a video that I had someone put on a jump drive my media player will not allow this to play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-drive/d0aa3a1f-39f9-4628-86d1-ae6a02f4d6df
  9. My D drive randomly jumps from 0% usage to 100% usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My D drive randomly jumps from 0% usage to 100% usage: For a while now I've had this issue where I occasionally freeze for about 1-2 seconds. This will happen every once and a while normally but happens very frequently while playing games. In this example I am playing far cry 5 at about 80-100 FPS on my SSD E drive and I notice...
  10. Win 10 and using jump/flash plug in drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 and using jump/flash plug in drives: I can't get my new win 10 pc to recognize, or show me onscreen, how to use plugged in jump drives..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-and-using-jumpflash-plug-in-drives/aeea2459-bb6e-4f6c-b1e3-f11c2f5db252