Windows 10: Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

Discus and support Jump list File Explorer items not opening program in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, thanks for the welcome note. I have for many months been suffering from the Jump list items on File Explorer not opening the program or item- after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by barbershopjohn4, May 8, 2020.

1. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

Hi, thanks for the welcome note. I have for many months been suffering from the Jump list items on File Explorer not opening the program or item- after clicking the jump list item nothing happens. However if I right click on the jump list item then the mini menu does say Open at the very top which then does open the item. But that's not how it used to be. All other jump list programs work like a dream as they're meant to. I've been trolling the web for months trying to find a solution so I hope you guys can help. Many thanks. John
    ps I'm on Windows 10 Home 2004 - OS Build 19041.208

:)

barbershopjohn4, May 8, 2020

2. File Explorer Jump List

Hi, New PC Win 10 installed been working fine for about a year. All of a sudden, could have been after an update, and whilst all other jump lists are fine, the File Explorer jump list won't let me open an item by left clicking on it. To open an file
    from the File Explorer Jump List I have to right click to open the jump list then right click again to open the mini menu and then I can left click the word Open. This is so annoying when you're used to just left clicking the file once the jump list is open.
    Any ideas anyone apart from restore. thanks.

JohnBarrieUnsworth, May 8, 2020
  3. tcman50 Win User
    Jump List Items not Opening

Same issue here, when I click on a item in the file explorer (start menu) jump list..nothing happens.

This is quite annoying *Confused

TC

tcman50, May 8, 2020
  4. jimmytiel Win User

Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

Jump List Items not Opening

I had this, I lost jump lists and lost right click on task bar items, drove me nuts until google said look in task manager, kill explorer and let it restart. I saw 2 instances of windows explorer running.. killed them..jump lists ok now

jimmytiel, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

1. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program - Similar Threads - Jump list File

2. Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?: I just got a new Windows 11 laptop. With Windows 10, I was able to drag folders onto icons on taskbar for programs that could open them--for instance, I could drag PDF files onto the icon for Acrobat PDF DC Reader, and make a jump list. So far with Windows 10, I have only...
  3. Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?: I just got a new Windows 11 laptop. With Windows 10, I was able to drag folders onto icons on taskbar for programs that could open them--for instance, I could drag PDF files onto the icon for Acrobat PDF DC Reader, and make a jump list. So far with Windows 10, I have only...
  4. Jump List Populates Old Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump List Populates Old Items: Hi,When I clear my jump list after a short time it repopulates old items.This makes it useless to me is there any fix?thanks,Nick. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-list-populates-old-items/907c4554-84b3-49a9-8ac7-997ed8937a0b
  5. Jump List Populates Old Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump List Populates Old Items: Hi,When I clear my jump list after a short time it repopulates old items.This makes it useless to me is there any fix?thanks,Nick. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-list-populates-old-items/907c4554-84b3-49a9-8ac7-997ed8937a0b
  6. File Explorer jumps to top item in file list when using F5 VPN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer jumps to top item in file list when using F5 VPN: Windows 10 Enterprise ver. 1909 on my work laptop that I have local admin rights but don't manage. After I connect to F5 VPN via IE, File Explorer jumps to the top file in the list every 10 seconds or so as if I pressed the Home button. I haven't been able to find anything...
  7. File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?: I have File Explorer pinned to the task bar. The Jump List shows pinned folders and recently accessed folders only. It does not show recent or frequently accessed files. Is this normal behavior, or did I break something? 53096
  8. Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists: The recently-opened items are not appearing in start menu jump lists despite the correct setting (see sceenshot). Any advice? Thanks. [img] 42013
  9. Jump List Items not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump List Items not Opening: Is anyone having the issue where you open your jump list in File Explorer and then click on something like your Videos or Downloads Folder to have the jump list close like normal, but then nothing open? I also noticed that when I right click on the start button, I can't get...
  10. Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists: As title says I'm wanting to know if there's a way to increase the amount of items can be stuffed into a taskbar jumplist. My reason is, I've used the jumplist feature in Windows 7 for Steam to give quicker access to some of the options you can only access by...