Windows 10: Jump list not showing full filename if pointer is hovering long files?

Discus and support Jump list not showing full filename if pointer is hovering long files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi As title really - can anyone help please? Thanks 76817 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TenneR, Feb 7, 2017.

1. TenneR Win User

Jump list not showing full filename if pointer is hovering long files?

Hi

As title really - can anyone help please?

Thanks

:)

TenneR, Feb 7, 2017
  2. j.j.w Win User

Show Jump list not showing recent documents (or anything)

No things are not clear now. Mike's question has not been answered? I'm hovering and clicking on ">" as well with no result. A "Show Jump List" pop-up occurs but disappears when I move my pointer to it. I don't share the negativity about Windows 10 but
    this issue is frustrating as is the response. The Windows +E keys does address the issue however.

j.j.w, Feb 7, 2017
  3. Show Jump list not showing recent documents (or anything)

I have enabled show recent documents in jump list (and restarted). There is a '>' after e.g. Word, Adobe but nothing shows when I click it. Hovering over the '>' brings up 'Show Jump List'.

Second question is - does one have to click the '>' for recent doc to appear? If so this is a downgrade from W7 where the recent docs appear when one hovers over the program.

MikePRoberts, Feb 7, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

For some reason, this only applies to Taskbar jump lists, but you need to 'Pin' the item to the list first.
    Everywhere else it works as expected.

Jump list not showing full filename if pointer is hovering long files? [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 7, 2017
  5. TenneR Win User
    Thanks Edwin

Weird one this. Just played around and it seems if you pin or unpin, it temporarily shows the file name and location when you hover the mouse over it.

Seems like an issue which needs a fix?

TenneR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Jump list not showing full filename if pointer is hovering long files? - Similar Threads - Jump list showing

2. A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list: New laptop only 2 weeks old with Windows 11 running... I have a handful of Excel files that I use regularly and have had them pinned in my taskbar Jump List for years previous laptop was running windows 10 and now on the new laptop, a couple of those Excel files that will not...
  3. A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list: New laptop only 2 weeks old with Windows 11 running... I have a handful of Excel files that I use regularly and have had them pinned in my taskbar Jump List for years previous laptop was running windows 10 and now on the new laptop, a couple of those Excel files that will not...
  4. Windows 10 jump lists - file extensions not showing inconsistently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 jump lists - file extensions not showing inconsistently: I have and always have had file extensions visible:But in my jump lists - a feature I use a lot - the extensions appear inconsistently, e.g:Anyone know why or how I can fix this?...
  5. Windows 10 jump lists - file extensions not showing inconsistently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 jump lists - file extensions not showing inconsistently: I have and always have had file extensions visible:But in my jump lists - a feature I use a lot - the extensions appear inconsistently, e.g:Anyone know why or how I can fix this?...
  6. Windows 10 jump lists - file extensions not showing inconsistently

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows File Explorer long paths/filenames

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows File Explorer long paths/filenames: This is pissing me off! Has been for years now. How can MS still not have a file explorer use the extended API functions so it can actually work with long file names and paths? My classical music collection alone requires that. Does anyone know of a good windows file...
  8. pointer jumps

in Windows 10 Customization
    pointer jumps: The pointer on my screen jumps by itself to the upper right hand corner of the screen. This happens in between 30-60 seconds. I tried swamping out the wireless track ball and it still happens so I figured that its a problem with windows and not Logitech. Any ideas??...
  9. list of files jumps to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    list of files jumps to the top: It is the issue with File Explorer. When I open a long list of files trying to go through it, it suddenly jumps up, to the beginning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-of-files-jumps-to-the-top/36787289-5415-4a6c-b104-b14b6199b826
  10. Windows 10 File Explorer "jumps" to top of long list of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer "jumps" to top of long list of files: This is one of the most annoying problems I've encountered with Windows 10. When looking at a long list of files using the File Explorer, no matter what I want to look at, it quickly jumps back to the top of the list. I know this is not a new problem my search shows a...