Windows 10: Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button

Discus and support Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want jump lists on both taskbar and Start button, they are only showing on Start button. I have checked the registry key that controls this attribute... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cbarnhorst, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button

I want jump lists on both taskbar and Start button, they are only showing on Start button. I have checked the registry key that controls this attribute and the value is "1" so both should show. The "Show recently opened items... " switch in Settings is set to ON. Something is supressing the jump lists on my Taskbar icons. I do get live thumbnails on the icons but that is all. Right clicking does nothing.

Windows 10 Pro is an upgrade install and did not clean install afterwards. In my opinion not needed. I have run SFC /scannow and got a clean report.

CORRECTION: The Start button is showing the context menu on right click, not the jump list, unless that IS the jump list.

Is the registry key value 1 to show the jump lists?

:)

Cbarnhorst, Aug 2, 2015

2. Jump lists do not show for Taskbar buttons.

I decided to use the Contact Support app on the Start Menu and let Microsoft fix the problem. Boy did they ever! It was amazing watching the repair over remote control. I highly recommend using the Contact Support rather than wasting hours on a problem
    that special tools may be needed to fix. The app is your friend. As you can see, I have

my jump lists again.

my
    Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button [​IMG]

Cbarnhorst, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Jia Chie Win User
    Jump lists do not show for Taskbar buttons.

‘Jump List’ that debuted in Windows 7 was one of the mostly used feature in Windows 8 to me. When the ‘Jump List’ failed to show; I tried to create another account to see if that issue was due to corrupted user profile. While it seemed to work initially,
    ‘Jump List’ failed to show up again!

Then by accident, after right-click the icon on taskbar, I immediately click the start button, guess what? The ‘Jump List’ appeared. As I recalled, when start screen appeared on Windows 8, the taskbar did not show up because it was part of the desktop;
    as desktop was somehow designated as an ‘app’ on Windows 8. Obviously, it was wrong for technical reasons. It was no longer designated as so in Windows 10. However, in this case, a new complication arises; that is, taskbar always shows up even in Start Screen
    if it is not configured to be hidden. While ‘Jump List’ may or may not show up when I right-click on taskbar icon; it seems that when I go to ‘Start Screen’, ‘Jump List’ always shows up when I right-click on taskbar icon. It seems to be a bug; but this ‘workaround’
    should be fine to me for the time being until Microsoft fixes this issue.

Jia Chie, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button

I gave up trying to troubleshoot the problem and used the Contact Support app on the Start Menu. I was through to a Support tech in two minutes and he fixed the problem with tools I never saw the likes of before. The best guess is that I had corruption somewhere. The system files were sound but something was preventing communication between the apps in the taskbar and whatever driver controls them. Anyway, all is good now.

Cbarnhorst, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button

1. Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button - Similar Threads - Jump lists show

2. Where do Jump Lists live?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do Jump Lists live?: I would like to edit my Jump Lists, the popup shortcuts that appear when I right-click an icon in my task bar.I can't find where the Jump List string data lives. I believe there used to be files somewhere under %APPDATA%, but I'm not finding them there any more.I'm running...
  3. Where do Jump Lists live?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do Jump Lists live?: I would like to edit my Jump Lists, the popup shortcuts that appear when I right-click an icon in my task bar.I can't find where the Jump List string data lives. I believe there used to be files somewhere under %APPDATA%, but I'm not finding them there any more.I'm running...
  4. Where do Jump Lists live?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar jump list entries do nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar jump list entries do nothing.: Taskbar jump list entries do nothing... This is a very old problem but no fixes for me. Tried flipping the switch back and forth, Created entry in the registry. As MS suggested back in 2017, no help....
  6. Taskbar jump list entries do nothing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar jump list entries do nothing.: Taskbar jump list entries do nothing... This is a very old problem but no fixes for me. Tried flipping the switch back and forth, Created entry in the registry. As MS suggested back in 2017, no help....
  7. Taskbar jump list entries do nothing.

8. Search button is not showing on the taskbar, what do I do?

Search button is not showing on the taskbar, what do I do?: The Search button is not appearing on the task bar. I have tried a lot in the settings but I cannot find how to add the search button to the taskbar....
  9. Taskbar buttons and start menu do not work

in Cortana
    Taskbar buttons and start menu do not work: I try to go into my battery life, but it doesn't open the tab. This is the same for: - Network - Windows Defender - "type here to search" - microphone - cortana I recently just reset my surface pro 4 on windows. This only occurred after resetting my laptop they don't...
  10. Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?: Alright, so in Windows 10 there is the option in Settings under Personalization > Start called "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar". Enabling this turns on Recent Items on programs in the Start menu and on the right-click menu on programs on the...