Windows 10: Jump Lists don't show unc paths in Windows 2019 LTSC

Discus and support Jump Lists don't show unc paths in Windows 2019 LTSC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I have a very weird issue with Jump Lists on my Master image of Windows 2019 LTSC. I have "Show Recent Items in Jump Lists from remote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lukasz696, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Lukasz696 Win User

Jump Lists don't show unc paths in Windows 2019 LTSC

Hello Everyone,

I have a very weird issue with Jump Lists on my Master image of Windows 2019 LTSC. I have "Show Recent Items in Jump Lists from remote locations" enabled and it works great with the exception of one thing. If I browse to any UNC path like \\servername\Folder\etc and open a document there it doesn't get added to the jumplist. It does show in File Explorer under Quick access though. If I do the same but through the mapped drive or anything on local drive then it adds it to the jump list.

It is very much needed for us because we are redirecting User Libraries like Documents, Desktop, Music etc to the share and if anyone opens a document from any of those locations then it does not show up.

Any advice would be very appreciated

:)

Lukasz696, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Jump Lists don't show unc paths in Windows 2019 LTSC - Similar Threads - Jump Lists don't

2. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  3. UNC path can not be accesss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNC path can not be accesss: How to access it?Unc path can not be accessed its showing network path can not be found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unc-path-can-not-be-accesss/9fc7277a-c1ec-4206-ae9c-4d37871cb3d7
  4. UNC path can not be accesss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNC path can not be accesss: How to access it?Unc path can not be accessed its showing network path can not be found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unc-path-can-not-be-accesss/9fc7277a-c1ec-4206-ae9c-4d37871cb3d7
  5. UNC path can not be accesss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. JUMP Lists

in Windows 10 Customization
    JUMP Lists: Do JUMP Lists still work in the Windows 10 taskbar? For Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.1165. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-lists/30e338af-26cf-434d-9f56-d39d975ba257
  7. Mapped drives and unc path

Mapped drives and unc path: I am runing Windows 10 version 20H2 with all updates applied on a peer to peer network with drives mapped to a shared network location on a Win Server 2012 R2. I also accesed other files from the server using the UNC path to the files. Suddenly both the mapped drives would...
  8. Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working

Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working: Hi Team, Unable to access the UNC on windows 10 64 bit 1903(Version) after updating from 1809. Network Path : SMB Share Please try to fix this issue....
  9. Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working

Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working: Hi Team, Unable to access the UNC on windows 10 64 bit 1903(Version) after updating from 1809. Network Path : SMB Share Please try to fix this issue....
  10. Jump list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jump list: If you don't want jump list on the web browser in the taskbar 1.Settings 2.personalisation 3.start 4.Show recently opened items in jump list on start or the taskbar, click off. However this works only once, when you reboot and use your web browser, the jump list ends up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Computer Browser service not found on LTSC 2019