Windows 10: Jump lists?

Discus and support Jump lists? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hero1318, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Hero1318 Win User

Jump lists?

Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc. Recently, that box is empty, even right after typing an app name in the Open: box, running and closing that app, and then trying to open the same app again from the v menu box. Doesn't matter how many different apps I open/close in a row, the box never gets populated.Doesn't matter if "Show recently opened items in Jum

:)

Hero1318, Nov 22, 2022
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Nov 22, 2022
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 22, 2022
  4. Jump lists?

Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists

Thank you for the tip. I cleared those two folders (AutomaticDestinations and CustomDestinations) and restarted, as you suggested. This did clear all of my jump lists, as expected. However, upon opening 15-20 documents, I see that I can still only get 12 items in the Jump Lists (both on the taskbar and Start menu).

I am connected to a domain, but I don't think that's the issue, or it would have overwritten the JumpListItems_Maximum value based on some Group Policy. No, it's just ignoring it. There must be another value somewhere that's overriding it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions. This is really killing my productivity.

GranitStatColin, Nov 22, 2022
Thema:

Jump lists?

1. Jump lists? - Similar Threads - Jump lists

2. Windows 11 - Increase Number of Items in Jump List File Explorer Pinned to Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Increase Number of Items in Jump List File Explorer Pinned to Task Bar: I've got Window 11 Pro. I have File Explorer pinned to the Task bar. I've added to the jump list by navigating in File Explorer to the desired folder, clicking the three dots at top - beneath address bar, and selecting Pin to Quick access. This works - until all available...
  3. Windows 11 - Increase Number of Items in Jump List File Explorer Pinned to Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Increase Number of Items in Jump List File Explorer Pinned to Task Bar: I've got Window 11 Pro. I have File Explorer pinned to the Task bar. I've added to the jump list by navigating in File Explorer to the desired folder, clicking the three dots at top - beneath address bar, and selecting Pin to Quick access. This works - until all available...
  4. Suddenly Can't Pin Folders to Windows Explorer Jump List?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly Can't Pin Folders to Windows Explorer Jump List?: Every now and again the Windows Explorer Jump List will suddenly empty itself, which usually isn't a problem since I can just open my important folder and re-pin them to the List. I have no idea why it does this, but since it's an easy fix and none of the other Jump Lists for...
  5. Suddenly Can't Pin Folders to Windows Explorer Jump List?

Suddenly Can't Pin Folders to Windows Explorer Jump List?: Every now and again the Windows Explorer Jump List will suddenly empty itself, which usually isn't a problem since I can just open my important folder and re-pin them to the List. I have no idea why it does this, but since it's an easy fix and none of the other Jump Lists for...
  6. Windows Explorer Jump list shortcuts disappear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Jump list shortcuts disappear.: There is currently an issue where the Jump List quick access disappears for unknown reasons. Unfortunately, the error has not been identified so far. Deleting the contents in the "AutomaticDestination" and "CustomDestination" folders did not resolve the issue.I wonder....-...
  7. Windows Explorer Jump list shortcuts disappear.

Windows Explorer Jump list shortcuts disappear.: There is currently an issue where the Jump List quick access disappears for unknown reasons. Unfortunately, the error has not been identified so far. Deleting the contents in the "AutomaticDestination" and "CustomDestination" folders did not resolve the issue.I wonder....-...
  8. Where do Jump Lists live?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do Jump Lists live?: I would like to edit my Jump Lists, the popup shortcuts that appear when I right-click an icon in my task bar.I can't find where the Jump List string data lives. I believe there used to be files somewhere under %APPDATA%, but I'm not finding them there any more.I'm running...
  9. Where do Jump Lists live?

Where do Jump Lists live?: I would like to edit my Jump Lists, the popup shortcuts that appear when I right-click an icon in my task bar.I can't find where the Jump List string data lives. I believe there used to be files somewhere under %APPDATA%, but I'm not finding them there any more.I'm running...
  10. Where do Jump Lists live?

in Windows 10 Customization