Windows 10: Jumping Cursor in Word and Outlook Windows 10

Discus and support Jumping Cursor in Word and Outlook Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just bought a lenovo laptop Since buy i have been plagued by a jumping cursor in Word and Outlook e mail. I can be typing and the Cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MWKBURNLEY, May 25, 2020.

1. Jumping Cursor in Word and Outlook Windows 10

I have just bought a lenovo laptop

Since buy i have been plagued by a jumping cursor in Word and Outlook e mail. I can be typing and the Cursor suddendly jumps to another part of the page and because you are not looking at the screen a lot of tying has to be constantly removed. I have exhausted YouTube.

:)

MWKBURNLEY, May 25, 2020

2. Cursor jumps around

Hi,

My cursor jumps around and is causing all kinds of typing errors in Word, Web apps (i.e., Facebook) and desktop apps (i.e., Evernote). Here's an example:

It's driving me cray ! No, I did not intentionaly mispell these words. y cursor did it for me. Mslz

Do you notice all the mis-spelled words? I typed it perfectly and Windows did the rest. Whenever I type the letter "y", my cursor jumps back a space (before the 'y'). It pushes the letter before the y to the end of my typing. Do you notice the "Mslz" at
    the end?

• The 'z' is from cra(z)y
    • The 'l' is from intentional(l)y
    • The 's' is from mis(s)pell
    • The 'M' is from (M)y

Sometimes the cursor jumps to the next line and elsewhere on the page. This example above is just one instance and it's driving me insane! Can someone please help?

MarkSeward617, May 25, 2020
  3. cursor in windows 10 jumps around

The cursor jumps around when typing emails or online forms but not when using word. I am not touching the touchpad. I've tried a couple of suggestions but none has worked. I didn't have this problem with windows 7. I am using an ASUS laptop.

SandyMackenzieB'noon, May 25, 2020
  4. Jumping Cursor in Word and Outlook Windows 10

Cursor Jumping Around

I cannot control the cursor -- it sometimes jumps backwards, forward and to other typed lines. What can I do to control the cursor?

Moved From: Office / Word / Windows 10 / Office 2016

Jo Ann CooperKilleen, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Jumping Cursor in Word and Outlook Windows 10

1. Jumping Cursor in Word and Outlook Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Jumping Cursor Word

2. touchpad jumping cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad jumping cursor: I used my touchpad in my Lenovo laptop and whenever I hover it either on what any page open it will jump on place to another. Something like someone is also controlling it. I have anti virus program so I doubt it is a virus. Also, I tried to use Bluetooth mouse to see if...
  3. cursor jump

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor jump: I use Windows 10. I have an HP notebook with touchscreen and Bang & Olufsen Keyboard with keypad. My cursor often jumps when I am typing. I try to type Microsoft Community and sometimes I will get something like MicrosCommuoft unity. That is the worst part. Next worst...
  4. Jumping Cursor in Word and Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jumping Cursor in Word and Outlook: I am plagued by a jumping cursor in Word and Outlook e mail. I can be typing and the Cursor suddendly jumps to another part of the page and because you are not looking at the screen a lot of tying has to be constantly removed. I have exhausted YouTube advice....
  5. Jumping cursor with Windows 10

Jumping cursor with Windows 10: I have a brand new Lenovo ideapad 330S, but I have seen this same problem on countless other brands. The cursor jumps around constantly, making it almost impossible - or very slow - to create documents. There are literally over a thousand complaints online, but no solution...
  6. cursor jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor jumping: Acer v3-572p with Windows 10. Cursor jumps to upper right corner of screen. What's going on? Nobody seems to have the answer. Is this a hardware problem or a software problem. How do I troubleshoot the computer to find and fix?...
  7. jumping cursor

jumping cursor: I have had my Acer Aspire v3-572p computer for years and have had no problems. Just this week I have noticed that the cursor is jumping to the upper right corner. I have several icons in that corner and the cursor will select one of them and open it. I have Windows 10...
  8. Cursor jumps

Cursor jumps: Hi, My cursor jumps to the top of the screen, taking me out of windows etc. Four Microsoft people have remotely tried to fix it and no success. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  9. Jumping cursor

Jumping cursor: Why does my cursor keeping jumping, sometimes my text gets highlighted then deletes. This happens in all programs that have text writing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/jumping-cursor/17c969aa-8caf-4ef7-99de-7b2740648855
  10. Cursor jumps and clicks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor jumps and clicks: I have seen a lot of posts on this problem and it has been around for a long time. I have been a Windows user since 3.0 and used CPM and DOS before that. Never had this problem until middle of last year. My mouse cursor will suddenly jump to upper left corner and click. I...