Windows 10: jumping cursor

Discus and support jumping cursor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had my Acer Aspire v3-572p computer for years and have had no problems. Just this week I have noticed that the cursor is jumping to the upper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TommyK3, Sep 27, 2019.

1. TommyK3 Win User

jumping cursor

I have had my Acer Aspire v3-572p computer for years and have had no problems. Just this week I have noticed that the cursor is jumping to the upper right corner. I have several icons in that corner and the cursor will select one of them and open it. I have Windows 10 installed. What do you suppose the problem is? Hardware or Software? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Incidentally, what ever happened to the knowledge base?

:)

TommyK3, Sep 27, 2019

2. Cursor jump

Hi,

One of the possible causes why you're having cursor jump issue might due to some hardware setting corruption.
    To isolate the cause of this issue, we need additional information.Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue every time you type to a certain app or to all of the apps/programs?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Cursor jumps

I did a factory reset on my computer and am using an entirely different, wired mouse and the cursor is STILL jumping to the top left.

Any suggestions what it could be? Or what to do now? Thank you.

Mary StewartLyda, Sep 27, 2019
  4. jumping cursor

Cursor jumps

I did a factory reset on my computer and am using an entirely different, wired mouse and the cursor is STILL jumping to the top left.

Any suggestions what it could be? Or what to do now? Thank you.

Mary StewartLyda, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

jumping cursor

1. jumping cursor - Similar Threads - jumping cursor

2. cursor jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor jumping: Acer v3-572p with Windows 10. Cursor jumps to upper right corner of screen. What's going on? Nobody seems to have the answer. Is this a hardware problem or a software problem. How do I troubleshoot the computer to find and fix?...
  3. How do I get rid of the VERY annoying screen flash, blat, and cursor jump in W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get rid of the VERY annoying screen flash, blat, and cursor jump in W10: How do I get rid of the VERY annoying screen flash, blat, and cursor jump that occurs randomly ( often ) in every one of my W10 installs. I have turned off everything connected with notifications and yet this still occurs. Frankly this is driving me nuts! I can be in the...
  4. Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text: The reset touchpad option is greyed out. We had started using a mouse, seems the touchpad now is terrible. How to fix it? - - - Updated - - - I may have fixed it. Went to device manager uninstalled ASUS precision touchpad. Then cntrol-alt-delete to sign out, then tab to...
  5. Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text: The reset touchpad option is greyed out. We had started using a mouse, seems the touchpad now is terrible. How to fix it? 139872
  6. Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner

Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner: I have a Toshiba laptop and use external, wireless keyboard and mouse with larger monitor. Occasionally, the cursor jumps to the upper right hand corner and I'm stuck; it easily corrects by opening and closing the laptop lid -albeit a minor burr but a burr. I've recently...
  7. Cursor Jumping Not addressed

Cursor Jumping Not addressed: What is wrong with the people at Microsoft. SOOOOO may people have complained about the cursor jumping while typing and they have not dealt with this problem. Documents take twice as long to type because of constantly having to go back, erase things that went where they...
  8. vibrating/jumping cursor

vibrating/jumping cursor: Hi. My cursor vibrates/jumps. I am using a touch pad. Also, a relatively new power cord arks a bit when I plug it in. Could that be the problem? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vibratingjumping-cursor/273ca19b-6c69-4b16-907d-806867abe814
  9. Cursor jumps around randomly

Cursor jumps around randomly: Please can someone help. I have a Dell Laptop with a Touchpad. Since a recent Windows 10 Update, I have experienced the cursor randomly jumping around the screen opening up documents randomly and it is driving me mad! I have tried going into Mouse Additional Settings to the...
  10. Ongoing Jumping cursor issue

Ongoing Jumping cursor issue: Has the ongoing jumping cursor issue ever been successfully addressed by Microsoft? I’ve had this issue ever since the huge update around May last year. My (at the time) brand new laptop has been totally unusable ever since. This is NOT a touchpad or hardware issue. It is a...