Windows 10: Jumping Screen on External Monitor (VS278)

Discus and support Jumping Screen on External Monitor (VS278) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I'm connected from my Lenovo Yoga 900 to the External Monitor...after a few minutes the monitor screen starts to jump. I have checked to confirm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tracey E, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Tracey E Win User

Jumping Screen on External Monitor (VS278)

When I'm connected from my Lenovo Yoga 900 to the External Monitor...after a few minutes the monitor screen starts to jump. I have checked to confirm if the display drivers are updated, yes. I've also adjusted the Refresh Rate to see if the screen still jumps. No luck. Does anyone have suggestions.

:)

Tracey E, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Cbowers3 Win User
    Laptop screen will only work once it has been connected to an external monitor, even if that monitor is switched off

Having an issue whereby I cannot see or use the Laptop screen without first plugging it into an external monitor.

• Upon Windows startup unconnected to any external monitor

• DELL opening logo can be seen on Laptop screen

• Screen goes black with backlight

• Mouse pointer can be seen onscreen if moved to the right, as though a second monitor is connected on the left hand side.

• Attempting to press enter and type in password in the correct order as though the screen was functional does not do anything

• Upon connecting to an external monitor (even if switched off)

• Laptop screen will suddenly appear, all functionality restored

• Upon disconnecting again from external monitor

• Laptop screen remains visible and functional

• Lock screen /unlock screen no problem

• Upon shutting and opening the laptop lid

• Screen black with backlight, same results as windows startup, mouse pointer can be seen and moved as though a second screen is connected on the left

• No functionality until reconnected, even for a second, with an external monitor.

Troubleshooting:

• Restarting multiple times, checking multiple display screen is not activated:

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum
    category.***

Cbowers3, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Romel Ram Win User

External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Jumping Screen on External Monitor (VS278) - Similar Threads - Jumping Screen External

2. Blurry screen on external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry screen on external monitor: Hello when I try to use 1080p on my second monitor I get a message saying this is not the optimal resolution... u can read the message in screenshot, And the screen the external one because I am using a laptop becomes kinda blurry u can see in the screenshot. I thaught the...
  3. Blurry screen on external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry screen on external monitor: Hello when I try to use 1080p on my second monitor I get a message saying this is not the optimal resolution... u can read the message in screenshot, And the screen the external one because I am using a laptop becomes kinda blurry u can see in the screenshot. I thaught the...
  4. Blurry screen on external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External monitor switching to monitor screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor switching to monitor screen: My external monitor keeps switching to my monitor's screen for a second,then switchs back again.It's very annoying,I checked the cable,i even forced it in,nothing has changedDoes anyone know the fix?...
  6. External monitor switching to monitor screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor switching to monitor screen: My external monitor keeps switching to my monitor's screen for a second,then switchs back again.It's very annoying,I checked the cable,i even forced it in,nothing has changedDoes anyone know the fix?...
  7. External monitor switching to monitor screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Lenovo T480 external Monitor causes programs to jump

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Lenovo T480 external Monitor causes programs to jump: I have a new Windows 10 update to my Lenovo T480. When I hook up the external monitor to the dock or to the laptop, the monitor causes my programs to jump and not work correctly. Specifically SAP. If I unhook the monitor, all is well. I have all the "monitor" functions, I...
  9. Lenovo T480 external Monitor causes programs to jump

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo T480 external Monitor causes programs to jump: I have a new Windows 10 update to my Lenovo T480. When I hook up the external monitor to the dock or to the laptop, the monitor causes my programs to jump and not work correctly. Specifically SAP. If I unhook the monitor, all is well. I have all the "monitor" functions, I...
  10. External monitor gray screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor gray screen: BlKmHnXVUy8 Hardware: Schenker XMG A726 (Clevo N170RF1-G) Notebook Review - NotebookCheck.net Reviews Look at this sh*t. No matter which multi display mode I pick, the external monitor simply shows a gray screen without a cursor or anything. I did try every single...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vga screen jumping

2. usb monitor jumping

3. vs278 changing display resolution

4. screen jumping external monitor