Windows 10: Jumplists not working

Discus and support Jumplists not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, most of the jumplists of my pinned programs are not working: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MyAlexro, Jun 12, 2019.

1. MyAlexro Win User

Jumplists not working

Hi, most of the jumplists of my pinned programs are not working:

Jumplists not working 466b3cb8-cbe3-47cd-bbe6-025abf0c85fd?upload=true.png

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jumplists not working 1ba93d41-d854-4cc3-9394-38befea6479a?upload=true.png !-- The item is there: Jumplists not working d052de46-53b8-4285-80a4-5d528d6e7d9e?upload=true.png

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jumplists not working 5e7b2b4d-32ae-4621-aae3-6dae49693a3a?upload=true.png

This started to happen yesterday and the only "important thing" I've done from yesterday to this day is installing NordVPN

:)

MyAlexro, Jun 12, 2019
  2. rfhar Win User

Jumplist problem

When I right-click on a pinned item on a taskbar Jumplist and the file is unavailable the item cannot be "Unpinned from the list", nor can the item be deleted from the jumplist. I first noticed this when the February update that borked my USB mouse. A
    lot of the items in the jumplist did not come up on the screen when I clicked on them but when I found the file and clicked on the file in it's containing folder opening the file up then clicking on the jumplist entry of the file would work again. It seems
    that I must have deleted the files in the folder but the jumplst entry of the file is borked and the file cannot be removed from the jumplist, but if the file does exist in a folder, opening it up in the folder fixes the jumplist entry so it will work again.

Any ideas?

rfhar, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Jumplists are not working correctly.

Original title: Jumplists

Hi

My jumplists are not working correctly. When I right click any program and file explorer nothing happens, no jumpslist appears.

They worked fine in win7, but after I've upgraded to win10 they are not working. If I try to restart my computer they work again, so sometimes they work other times they don't.

It is very anoying!

Does anyone of you know what I can do, to solve this problem?

(Jumplists are turned on under the settings)

Gustav Metnik-Beck, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Jumplists not working

Accessing the entries in a jumplist with the keyboard

Please read the question carefully.

Lwrnc asked about a method using the keyboard to quickly and precisely access jumplist items.

It has nothing to do with the contents of the jumplist.

In Windows7 I press Win+Alt+2 to display the jumplist of the task bar item #2 counted from the Start button. It works for all items from #1 to #0 (the 10th item).

As far as I observed this very practical approach has been removed in Windows 10.

I strongly suggest to restore it!

Thanks.

Andre Lehmann, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Jumplists not working

1. Jumplists not working - Similar Threads - Jumplists working

2. Dropbox will not cooperate with file explorer jumplist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropbox will not cooperate with file explorer jumplist: A folder within my Dropbox folder refuses to appear in file explorer's jumplist's "frequent" list. All i can do as a workaround is place a shortcut of the pesky folder into a new folder and pin THAT into my jumplist - but it adds a click to my workflow. Any ideas? Dropbox...
  3. Dropbox will not cooperate with file explorer jumplist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropbox will not cooperate with file explorer jumplist: A folder within my Dropbox folder refuses to appear in file explorer's jumplist's "frequent" list. All i can do as a workaround is place a shortcut of the pesky folder into a new folder and pin THAT into my jumplist - but it adds a click to my workflow. Any ideas? Dropbox...
  4. why cant i pin files to the jumplist manually anymore - this is was possible in win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i pin files to the jumplist manually anymore - this is was possible in win10: now its gone and costs me a lot of time to circumvent itwhy cant you let the user who is paying choose?! really really annoying, and in win7 we could rearrange it ... with every new version you kill useful stuff and add useless stuff if i cant adjust windows, than i can buy...
  5. why cant i pin files to the jumplist manually anymore - this is was possible in win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why cant i pin files to the jumplist manually anymore - this is was possible in win10: now its gone and costs me a lot of time to circumvent itwhy cant you let the user who is paying choose?! really really annoying, and in win7 we could rearrange it ... with every new version you kill useful stuff and add useless stuff if i cant adjust windows, than i can buy...
  6. Jumplists don't work after restarting explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jumplists don't work after restarting explorer.exe: Hello, I found an issue with jump lists: If I kill explorer.exe and restart it any item of any jump list still appears but nothing happens when it is clicked. Is it a known issue? Will it be fixed in a Windows update? Regards, Adrien...
  7. Windows 10 20H2: Taskbar jumplists not working, shortcut open in new window not working,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 20H2: Taskbar jumplists not working, shortcut open in new window not working,...: For the fourth time when I upgrade Windows 10 1909 to 20H1/20H2, the options on the title totally not working. link to previous times: last time, last last time For information, the jumplists on the taskbar do not work at all. Pinned Quick Access such as Documents,...
  8. Windows 10 20H2: Taskbar jumplists not working, shortcut open in new window not working,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2: Taskbar jumplists not working, shortcut open in new window not working,...: For the fourth time when I upgrade Windows 10 1909 to 20H1/20H2, the options on the title totally not working. For information, the jumplists on the taskbar do not work at all. Pinned Quick Access such as Documents, Downloads, Music on File Explorer and Tasks such as New...
  9. I cant get action center or taskbar jumplists to work anymore any ideas what went wrong...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant get action center or taskbar jumplists to work anymore any ideas what went wrong...: I cant get action center or taskbar jumplists to work anymore / i get the hourglass then nothing/ any ideas what went wrong with win 10? how to fix?/ also random secondary windows seem to disappear as well...
  10. Help with jumplists not working and a process requeries UAC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with jumplists not working and a process requeries UAC: Hello guys, I really need your help with this problem(I don't really know when this happened but I tried it like a month ago and I didn't care about it, but now I really want to fix it). So the Jumplist from the taskbar are working, but when I click on the recent items(Like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why jumplists stop working in Windows 10?

2. jump list not working