Windows 10: Jumplists not working

Discus and support Jumplists not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, most of the jumplists of my pinned programs are not working: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MyAlexro, Jun 12, 2019 at 8:17 AM.

1. MyAlexro Win User

Jumplists not working

Hi, most of the jumplists of my pinned programs are not working:

Jumplists not working 466b3cb8-cbe3-47cd-bbe6-025abf0c85fd?upload=true.png

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jumplists not working 1ba93d41-d854-4cc3-9394-38befea6479a?upload=true.png !-- The item is there: Jumplists not working d052de46-53b8-4285-80a4-5d528d6e7d9e?upload=true.png

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jumplists not working 5e7b2b4d-32ae-4621-aae3-6dae49693a3a?upload=true.png

This started to happen yesterday and the only "important thing" I've done from yesterday to this day is installing NordVPN

:)

2. rfhar Win User

Jumplist problem

When I right-click on a pinned item on a taskbar Jumplist and the file is unavailable the item cannot be "Unpinned from the list", nor can the item be deleted from the jumplist. I first noticed this when the February update that borked my USB mouse. A
    lot of the items in the jumplist did not come up on the screen when I clicked on them but when I found the file and clicked on the file in it's containing folder opening the file up then clicking on the jumplist entry of the file would work again. It seems
    that I must have deleted the files in the folder but the jumplst entry of the file is borked and the file cannot be removed from the jumplist, but if the file does exist in a folder, opening it up in the folder fixes the jumplist entry so it will work again.

Any ideas?

3. Jumplists are not working correctly.

Original title: Jumplists

Hi

My jumplists are not working correctly. When I right click any program and file explorer nothing happens, no jumpslist appears.

They worked fine in win7, but after I've upgraded to win10 they are not working. If I try to restart my computer they work again, so sometimes they work other times they don't.

It is very anoying!

Does anyone of you know what I can do, to solve this problem?

(Jumplists are turned on under the settings)

Gustav Metnik-Beck, Jun 12, 2019 at 8:25 AM
  4. Jumplists not working

Accessing the entries in a jumplist with the keyboard

Please read the question carefully.

Lwrnc asked about a method using the keyboard to quickly and precisely access jumplist items.

It has nothing to do with the contents of the jumplist.

In Windows7 I press Win+Alt+2 to display the jumplist of the task bar item #2 counted from the Start button. It works for all items from #1 to #0 (the 10th item).

As far as I observed this very practical approach has been removed in Windows 10.

I strongly suggest to restore it!

Thanks.

Andre Lehmann, Jun 12, 2019 at 8:25 AM
Thema:

Jumplists not working

1. Jumplists not working - Similar Threads - Jumplists working

2. Windows 10 taskbar jumplist size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar jumplist size: How do I control the number of filenames shown in taskbar jumplists? Virtually every article I've seen on this subject in this community is old and useless....
  3. Help with jumplists not working and a process requeries UAC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with jumplists not working and a process requeries UAC: Hello guys, I really need your help with this problem(I don't really know when this happened but I tried it like a month ago and I didn't care about it, but now I really want to fix it). So the Jumplist from the taskbar are working, but when I click on the recent items(Like...
  4. slow jumplists for Office programmes like Word

in Windows 10 Customization
    slow jumplists for Office programmes like Word: Hi, i have an annoying problem: my jump lists do work, but for Office they are really slow. I have both Office 2010 (2-3 second delay before the list appears, sometimes longer) and Office 365 (1 sec delay). When I turn the jump lists off, there is no delay. I remember this...
  5. Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist: I have both internet explorer 11 and Firefox quantum pinned to my taskbar. I like using the jump lists by right clicking on them both. I have pinned websites on both jump lists. One thing that has been aggravating me slightly is with the latest Firefox the ‘frequent sites’ no...
  6. Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist: Does anyone know how to pin a site to the Mozilla jumplist? I thought you dragged the website icon from the browser onto the pinned Mozilla residing on the taskbar. Maybe that method worked once (as I have an old one still pinned) but it doesn’t work. Same across multiple pcs...
  7. Mozilla jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla jumplist: Anyone know of a reliable way to try and get jump lists back on Mozilla without resorting to uninstalling / reinstalling? If I right click the pinned Mozilla icon or it's entry in the start menu it no longer shows the jumplists, recent, private browsing etc. Just gives option...
  8. can i edit a app's jumplist on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i edit a app's jumplist on the taskbar: i was wondering if i can add, edit or delete a option on a app's jump list or task list? [img] some apps dont have any options, one being a long unfixed issue would be google canary missing its task list. and it would be cool to add custom options there as well 79814
  9. How to copy all my w8 jumplists to w10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy all my w8 jumplists to w10?: I had been using w8 for 4 years and now I have switched to w10. I want to copy my jumplists of all software from w8 to w10. how can I do this? I have read that Jump list files are located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations and in...
  10. Preserve jumplists from Windows 8

in Windows 10 Support
    Preserve jumplists from Windows 8: Hi everyone!! I'm planning to upgrade my Windows 8.1 tablet before July 29th *Biggrin. However, as i intensively use jumplists for work, I really need to preserve them, and to have them unmodified after the upgrade. Someone has experiences about this question? Thanks in...