Windows 10: jumpy cursor with touchpad

Discus and support jumpy cursor with touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having an issue with the touchpad on my laptop windows 10 ...I can move the cursor around just fine but when I go to click on something the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JB2311, Jan 19, 2020.

1. JB2311 Win User

jumpy cursor with touchpad

I have been having an issue with the touchpad on my laptop windows 10 ...I can move the cursor around just fine but when I go to click on something the cursor jumps a little bit away from the thing I want to click on. Sometimes it takes me 4 or 5 attempts to click on something.

I think maybe the jump occurs after I take my finger off of the touchpad to either tap tap to click or to click on the left hand thingy on the touchpad no idea what to call it -- the bottom part of the touchpad that has left-click and right-click areas

Sometimes the cursor works just fine and I can click on things like normal, then all of a sudden it will take me 4 or 5 tries to actually keep the cursor on the thing I want to click. It can get maddening.

I already changed the touchpad sensitivity setting to low.

I've already turned off the "enhanced pointer precision".

Since I had been also having another issue the cursor would completely disappear and I'd have to attach a mouse and restart the laptop to get the touchpad to function again I have "rolled back" to a previous version of the driver that did not have that problem. Now when I go to uninstall the driver the option to do that is no longer available. It's grayed out and I can't click on it. Online troubleshooting sites say to uninstall and then reinstall the driver in order to see if that fixes the problem.

Should I do this? If so, how?

How will I operate the computer on startup if I don't have a driver for the mouse or touchpad because it was just uninstalled?

:)

JB2311, Jan 19, 2020
  2. tonygoffe Win User

Lenovo G50-45 touchpad inconsistent and jumpy

Lenovo G50-45 has another prolem, today the touchpad only responds to touch on the bottom left of the touchpad, and is jumpy at best! I need some real help. There seems to be no new touchpad driver for this model

tonygoffe, Jan 20, 2020
  3. touchpad delay!!!!!!

Hi Glenn,

Touchpad delay on your device might be due to the sensitivity setting that impacts scrolling and other finger gestures, and may exhibit a jumpy cursor. To resolve this issue, we recommend downloading and installing the latest touchpad driver from the
    manufacturer's website.

If the issue persist after downloading the latest driver, we suggest changing the synaptic device settings by following the steps below:

• Open Mouse Properties.
    • Select Device Settings tab and click on the Settings box.
    • Expand the Pointing menu and then expand the Sensitivity menu.
    • Select Touch Sensitivity and slide the sensitivity meter from
      2 to 1.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you find this helpful.

Justine Pel, Jan 20, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Cursor is jumpy

Hi afkincaid

Do you use a laptop or PC?

This type of problem is usually seen on a laptop, where the touchpad is very sensitive and as you type, your hand brushes the touchpad, which moves the cursor

With regards to deleting text, if text is highlighted, when you type a space, that replaces that txt with a space, thereby deleting the selected text . .

Are you using a laptop?

DaveM121, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. jumpy cursor with touchpad - Similar Threads - jumpy cursor touchpad

2. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad cursor not working: My touchpad not working and cursor has disappeared. I’ve restarted it and updated the drivers but it’s still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-cursor-not-working/0d9d851c-4d50-4814-b05f-2cece107e416
  3. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad cursor not working: My touchpad not working and cursor has disappeared. I’ve restarted it and updated the drivers but it’s still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-cursor-not-working/0d9d851c-4d50-4814-b05f-2cece107e416
  4. Jumpy Cursor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jumpy Cursor.: I added an external monitor and now the cursor is intermittently jumpy.I now have it on slow, enhanced resolution , and medium trail. It is still not very smooth.I am using a logitech usp optical.1 should I change my mouse?2 do I need a different mouse driver?3 do I need a...
  5. Jumpy Cursor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jumpy Cursor.: I added an external monitor and now the cursor is intermittently jumpy.I now have it on slow, enhanced resolution , and medium trail. It is still not very smooth.I am using a logitech usp optical.1 should I change my mouse?2 do I need a different mouse driver?3 do I need a...
  6. Touchpad Cursor Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad Cursor Frozen: I Recently Updated Windows from Microsoft's media tool to try and fix a cursor problem that made it go crazy and move/click everywhere in my screen. I did more research and had fixed the problem by a simple "sfc /scannow" from cmd. After a few days everything was normal and...
  7. CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD: I cannot locate my cursor and it seems my touch pad is not functional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-touchpad/efb358d4-68bd-4029-b035-dd31c097f31a
  8. Lost touchpad and cursor

Lost touchpad and cursor: Anyone know how to restore touchpad and cursor on windows 10 asus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-touchpad-and-cursor/bbc09351-4d20-4295-9689-81475cc0cbce
  9. precision touchpad issues; jumpy trackpad; how to fix?

precision touchpad issues; jumpy trackpad; how to fix?: this driver has an issue of reading multiple multi gestures whenever your fingers touch each other causing the cursor to spazz out of control and jump around(teleport) here is the video of this happening on surface pro 6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct1pCl9LizY...
  10. Cursor is jumpy

Cursor is jumpy: Why does my cursor erroneously move around AND highlight full sentences AND/OR paragraphs AND then delete them if I hit the spacebar (at least I THINK that's when it happens) when I am typing? Very annoying. I will be typing and look up only to see that I'm typing wherever...