Windows 10: Junction move app data to sd card

Discus and support Junction move app data to sd card in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Got a nice new windows 10 tablet, got a 128gb micro sd card in it, and have been installing most stuff to it but there are some apps that give you no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by philip, Apr 19, 2017.

1. philip Win User

Junction move app data to sd card

Got a nice new windows 10 tablet, got a 128gb micro sd card in it, and have been installing most stuff to it but there are some apps that give you no choice where there can be store and in my case I got two app that runs from my appdata, and look up if there was any way to install them to another drive both say it's fine to junction on them to dupe them into thinking there still in my appdata and I used junctions in the past to make my web server think git repo was in the web root and that was easy enough, but what I want to do is just move the whole appdata folder to my SD card and be done with somehow I have a feeling that windows may not be cool with that like using files from appdata while I trying to move it. has anyone done this and know any reason it would not work or any reason you would just advise against it.

:)

philip, Apr 19, 2017

2. Nokia XL storage definition and how to clear the phone memory

How can I move apps and data to SD card? When I use 'Move to memory card' function it does move to phone storage but not the SD card. Please advise.

Captainkant, Apr 19, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    Storage Card Update.

In 8.1 you can move apps between the phone and SD card. This moves the app and the associated data.

Go to settings, storage sense, tap the 'SD card', tap 'apps + games'. This gives you all the apps and games on the SD card along with the amount of storage each takes. To move an app to the phone tap the app name and select 'move to phone'.

garym123, Apr 19, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Since appdata is under the user folder, you could create a new user account with administrator privileges, make a junction for the appdata folder on that account just to see how things seem to work. When you are done experimenting, whether success or failure, all you have to do is delete that user account.

I've only done junctions for a specific program's folder under appdata, but never the entire folder itself.

NavyLCDR, Apr 19, 2017
  5. philip Win User
    in theory, it should work but in one of them special folder that you think should I be really messing with this, but yes I did think I would need to be logged out to do it, just thinking of using built-in administrator, then whilst I am at it I can move things like public desktop/documents to the sd card to not that I plan on using them.

philip, Apr 19, 2017
  6. philip Win User
    ok so messed about with my own account with the built-in administrator don't worry I am not completely crazy I made a back up image first, but both times I tried it messed up my start menu (not even showing anything when click start) and turned discord it a square in the top of my screen

philip, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Junction move app data to sd card - Similar Threads - Junction move app

2. Moving apps to my sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving apps to my sd card: Trying to move recently downloaded apps to my sd cardSeems to happen but nothing shows up on the sd card .I.e no data been used not sure what's going on This is the hp stream 14 inch....
  3. Moving apps to my sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving apps to my sd card: Trying to move recently downloaded apps to my sd cardSeems to happen but nothing shows up on the sd card .I.e no data been used not sure what's going on This is the hp stream 14 inch....
  4. Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb": When i try to plug in an sd card or usb to windows 7 SP1 all the files just disappear and get moved onto a shortcut when i look what is it it was moved into a invisible folder...
  5. Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb"

Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb": When i try to plug in an sd card or usb to windows 7 SP1 all the files just disappear and get moved onto a shortcut when i look what is it it was moved into a invisible folder...
  6. Moving Files onto and SD Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Files onto and SD Card: Hello! I am trying to move my system files onto an SD card; my system files take up a LOT of storage and my system storage is full. I've copied them onto the card, is it safe to delete the original files?I hope this made sense...
  7. Moving Files onto and SD Card

Moving Files onto and SD Card: Hello! I am trying to move my system files onto an SD card; my system files take up a LOT of storage and my system storage is full. I've copied them onto the card, is it safe to delete the original files?I hope this made sense...
  8. Is the data storage section physically the same in an SD card & a Micro SD card if it's the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is the data storage section physically the same in an SD card & a Micro SD card if it's the...: I'm thinking that maybe it is and the only difference is how big it is physically and what slot it goes in. I wouldn't think that the chips inside are any different, if that's what they're called....
  9. error code:0*80073d0d when moving app to SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error code:0*80073d0d when moving app to SD card: in my laptop I can't move app to my SD card storage [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code080073d0d-when-moving-app-to-sd-card/0424253a-5d28-4c93-a4f7-f895fd37c9d0
  10. error 0x80073d13 when trying to move app to sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error 0x80073d13 when trying to move app to sd card: Whenever I try to move apps using windows settings- apps & features i get an error saying i cant move it to my sd card. How can I fix this so that I can move apps to it, I've looked online but can't find anything that fixes the problem....