Windows 10: June 2019 blue sign in screen but blinks out sign in

Discus and support June 2019 blue sign in screen but blinks out sign in in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So June update happened 2 days ago. Now I can't log in. Blue screen with 3 icon screen, wifi power, and windows. When I click screen it cycles my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AMCaz, Jun 13, 2019.

1. AMCaz Win User

June 2019 blue sign in screen but blinks out sign in

So June update happened 2 days ago. Now I can't log in. Blue screen with 3 icon screen, wifi power, and windows. When I click screen it cycles my sign in and circles and goes back. Now it's black screening. Last month it was snail pace 100% disk from 4-5 programs. Took a few days to get thru stopping ****. Please lmk what I can do. I'm hosed if I lose my data on computer. I'm on disability and can't afford new computer or to send it out. Thank you in advance. I can't power off with power button cause it stopped working. I have a media button on my Toshiba laptop.

:)

AMCaz, Jun 13, 2019
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Jun 13, 2019
  3. message sign blinking

a message sign is continuously blinking on the top of my nokia 500 whenever i'm using my vodafone sim...though there is only 72 text msgs in the inbox...and no unread msg there. With other sim card i found that there is no problem...this is occuring with
    one particular sim card....can not resolve the issue...suggest a solution pls...

anindyacgr, Jun 13, 2019
  4. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. June 2019 blue sign in screen but blinks out sign in - Similar Threads - June 2019 blue

2. Signing in Signing out problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing in Signing out problem: After start on computer showing "This problem can often be fixed by signing out of yours account and then signing back in. if you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost" how i solve this problem....
  3. Signing in Signing out problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signing in Signing out problem: After start on computer showing "This problem can often be fixed by signing out of yours account and then signing back in. if you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost" how i solve this problem....
  4. Signing in Signing out problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. User sign out/sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  6. User sign out/sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  7. WINDOW SIGNS IN AND SIGNS OUT

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOW SIGNS IN AND SIGNS OUT: Hi, A week ago when i opened my PC, i show it is asking for a check disk scanCHKDSK. So i waited for it to complete and when it was completed then i saw that window signs in and signs out automatically and it goes back to the lock screen. Nothing happens when i click on sign...
  8. Devices signed in AND signed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Devices signed in AND signed out: I would like to be able to see which devices are logged into my account. Because I use a VPN, the IP addresses and locations I use vary. In apple I can see the actual name of the device, even when it tells me my location is in another country. When we were hacked before, I...
  9. After signing in Windows doesn't load and screen blink's

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After signing in Windows doesn't load and screen blink's: My screen starts blinking after I sign in in my windows 10, and nothing loads. Booting in Safe mode is also like that. My screen panel is fine, it loads all colors and stuff, but my windows doesn't load after I sign in! Troubleshooting startup repair also says it can't...
  10. microsoft sign in sign out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft sign in sign out: when I sign in to mircosoft account and after my work complete do I need to keep sign or sign out to stay away from hacker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sign-in-sign-out/6a94932c-d8eb-4b7d-aec1-94e215515968"