Windows 10: June 2020 Win10 Update Killing Audio

Discus and support June 2020 Win10 Update Killing Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. Ive updated Win10 with the June KB4560960 Windows update and associated Windows feature enablement update KB4517245, twice and both times it kills... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by topshelf, Jun 29, 2020.

1. topshelf Win User

June 2020 Win10 Update Killing Audio

Hi. Ive updated Win10 with the June KB4560960 Windows update and associated Windows feature enablement update KB4517245, twice and both times it kills my audio.

In Sound Settings, audio output is still picking up sounds but nothing's coming through my Sound Blaster ZxR sound card to speakers or headset.

Ive tried updating drivers via Troubleshooter, from Device Manager and direct from manufacturers website but nothing works.

Ive tried multiple different settings and changes but sound still doesnt work.

Web research shows this happened a lot due to Windows updates earlier this year but those updates never had any impact on my audio at all.

Ive tried numerous fixes that people recommended for the earlier updates like deleting the Sound Card and drivers via Device Manager and rebooting but none of those solutions have worked. The only thing Ive been able to do to get sound working again is to roll back to the previous version of Windows.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

My system details:
    OS NameMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version10.0.17763 Build 17763 (Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1282))
    System Typex64-based PC
    ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/DateAmerican Megatrends Inc. 1803, 17/02/2014
    BaseBoard ManufacturerASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    BaseBoard ProductSABERTOOTH Z87
    Sound Card Sound Blaster ZxR

:)

topshelf, Jun 29, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    New Win10 update killed my audio

Since you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest driver of your audio card, we suggest you to follow the steps below to check if the speaker has been set as default in the Playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the right bottom of the desktop.
    • Click on Playback devices to see a list of devices connected to the system.
    • If it is not listed, it is possible that the device has been disabled because of the update. Right click and select
      Show Disabled Devices.
    • If your device is listed after this, right click on the speaker and select
      enable
    • Right click on the speaker and click Set as Default option present at the bottom of the same window.

If the issue persists, you can try to roll back driver if it is available in the options. To rollback the driver, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on the desktop screen.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand the category you want and right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Navigate to driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.

If the Roll Back Driver is not available, you may try to install an older version of your audio driver from the Manufacturer's website. You need to uninstall first all the devices for Sound, video and game controllers under the Device Manager (HD Audio Device
    and NVIDIA Audio Device) before reinstalling the driver.

Let us know the status of the issue so we can assist you more.

Eric Ber, Jun 29, 2020
  4. June 2020 Win10 Update Killing Audio

Microsoft June 2020 Security Updates

Release Notes
    June 2020 Security Updates
    Release Date: June 09, 2020

The June security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
    • Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) in IE Mode
    • Microsoft ChakraCore
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • Windows Defender
    • Microsoft Dynamics
    • Visual Studio
    • Azure DevOps
    • HoloLens
    • Adobe Flash Player
    • Microsoft Apps for Android
    • Windows App Store
    • System Center
    • Android App
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• For information regarding enabling Windows 10, version 1909 features, please see Windows 10, version 1909 delivery options. Note that Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909 share a common core operating system with an identical set of system files. They will also share the same security update KBs.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Customers running Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 need to purchase the Extended Security Update to continue receiving security updates. See 4522133 for more information.
    The following CVEs have FAQs, Mitigations and Workarounds with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

The following KBs contain information about known issues with the security updates. For a complete list of security update KBs, please see 20200609. For more information about Windows Known Issues, please see Windows message center (links to currently-supported versions of Windows are in the left pane).

KB Article Applies To
    4560960 Windows 10, version 1903, Windows Server version 1903, Windows 10, version 1909, Windows Server version 1909
    4561608 Windows 10 Version 1809, Windows Server 2019
    4561616 Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016
    4561643 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Monthly Rollup)
    4561645 Windows Server 2008 (Security-only update)
    4561669 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Security-only update)
    4561670 Windows Server 2008 (Monthly Rollup)

https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...etail/2020-Jun

NICK ADSL UK, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

June 2020 Win10 Update Killing Audio

1. June 2020 Win10 Update Killing Audio - Similar Threads - June 2020 Win10

2. No Audio Since June 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Since June 2020: I've tried everything I now have ONLY Device speakers. No System speakers showing I have a constant BUZZING I've reset PC 3 times I have tried reinstalling REALTEK I've tried installing old drivers This happened in June 2020 I've been told many different things to try...
  3. June 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    June 2020 update: I run Opera browser and I did my weekly update. I notice after doing the update today that when I open my browser it stays open for about 2 minutes and then closes itself. Im wondering if with the Microsoft edge if this is doing it because windows wants me to use their...
  4. June 2020 update to Sudoku

in Windows 10 Gaming
    June 2020 update to Sudoku: Is there any way to remove just the update to Microsoft Sudoku June 2020? I loved the game prior to the update, I'm no longer interested due to the new version. Thank you....
  5. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: My printer Brother MFC J220 stopped functioning after the June Windows Update. I thought it was because it was an older model as I have had it for several years. I tried uninstalling it, but the printer icon was no longer there all that was there was a small square. I tried...
  6. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: Hi! I just noticed a few system issues with my laptop after the June 2020 update. First, after turning on the computer and loading the browser, a lot of "+++" symbols appear on the search bar. This does not apply to the browser alone but to any empty search bar e.g. start...
  7. Cumulative update June 9, 2020

Cumulative update June 9, 2020: After installing the June 9th cumulative update the Lenovo T580 does not see the audio jack in our docking port. Tried troubleshoot but it just says audio speaker is unplugged. Restarted laptop, unplugged and plugged back in both USB-C connection to dock and the speaker jack...
  8. Microsoft June 2020 Security Updates

Microsoft June 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes June 2020 Security Updates Release Date: June 09, 2020 The June security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge EdgeHTML-based Microsoft Edge Chromium-based in IE Mode Microsoft ChakraCore Internet...
  9. June 2019 update killed my machine

June 2019 update killed my machine: Like many people, after an update on June 23rd, I restarted due to an update, but it left me a black screen, a literal black screen. No BIOS splash screen, so I cannot run it with safe mode; HDD light flashed for one second, then turned off permanently; DVD made a click...
  10. Win10 update June 2018 killed computer - no WINDOWS folder- WARNING

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 update June 2018 killed computer - no WINDOWS folder- WARNING: Computer HP Probook 4535S, hard disk about 6 month old, then Win10 installed from W7. Permitted Win10 update last week, "will take long time" warning read, accepted. Report: HP PB 4535S NoStart 20180607a 2018-06-06 Microsoft made a WIN10 update taking >2 hours. At the end...